The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 01-15-2007, 05:23 AM   #316
UniGamer
The Fanboy Bully

It's so lame, he dies in almost every issue. In #10 his two clawed son slashes his chest while Logan is in shield restraints. The funny part is Marvel end it with a "will wolverine die?" type scene.

So now we have X-23 and Logan JR…Yippee
Old 01-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #317
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
lol who is the mother to his son? or have they revealed that?

Yeah I always hate when they put, WILL THEY DIE? at the end, well duh, course they won't lol
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:47 AM   #318
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

If they do, it will only be for a few months. So says the Phoenix!

Wolverine Origins is pretty crappy if you ask me. Besides, what is this, like the third or forth attempt they have made at telling his origin story? Pick one, make it canon, and stick with it. You don't see Captain America doing that crap. Oh, and if you aren't reading Captain America, do it. That book has got to be my absolute favorite right now. You should go back a good ways and pick it up around the start of the Winter Soldier arc. But the Soldier and Civil War stuff was all grade A quality, something I don't see a wealth of these days. The Winter Soldier one shot isn't all that bad either from the first issue. DC should take notes, if you are going to bring back a sidekick, that's how it gets done. Not that Jason Todd bullshit, which went absolutely no where, and could have easily not been done and Batman wouldn't be any different in One Year After.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:37 AM   #319
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Yeah I was surprised about the Winter Soldier, I was like WTF!

I just want to see what the Red Skull will be doing with Dr. Doom. Things are getting good.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:49 PM   #320
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

My vote goes for getting his ass kicked. Doom is a badass and far to badass to get played by a nazi.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:13 PM   #321
spider-prime

There's rumor that when Hulk comes back it will be a story of him leading into the Maestro, the Future Imperfect Hulk where he kills all the heroes over time and takes over the entire planet

I cannnn'ttttt waitttttt. Also the Days of Future past is coming very soon with Project Wideawake. Sentinels killing every super powered person.

Only Bishop and Cable know of the future and Bishop doesn't care and is trying to help it go along and Cable is trying to help Captain America stop it from happening also.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:07 AM   #322
Slash
BUTTOUT!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 9, 2007 - The critically- and commercially-acclaimed universe-altering limited series is coming to a close, bursting with some of the most intense action and plot twists ever. Literally. While Marvel regrets the final late shipping of the issue, we are pleased to announce that there will be extra pages added at no additional cost. The final, in-store arrival date for Civil War #7 is February 21.

Says series editor Tom Brevoort, "CIVIL WAR #7 has topped out at 28 pages of story content—six more than a normal comic. As such, we need to block in a little bit more time to make sure that Steve can get it done—especially since these are some of the most difficult pages in the entire series to draw from a number-of-characters-on-the-page perspective."

Now, to help tide you over until the final issue comes out, here is a look at the unseen cover to Civil War #7, by series artist Steve McNiven.

In addition to extra pages, Civil War is getting a shocking epilogue issue, CIVIL WAR: THE CONFESSION, brought to you by the Eisner-winning team of Brian Michael Bendis & Alex Maleev- the team that brought you the Civil War prequel New Avengers: The Illuminati. RETAILERS NOTE: this item is not in the Marvel Order Form. Please use the item code NOV068200.

The Final checklist with final shipping dates are below. To help fans and retailers, Marvel will provide retailers with an adslick that they can download showing the new cover and the updated checklist. Check the Marvel retailer pages for this by visiting https://retailer.diamondcomics.com/main/marvel/

CIVIL WAR: THE CONFESSION (NOV068200)
Written by BRAIN MICHAEL
Pencils & Cover by ALEX MALEEV

From the Eisner Award winning team that brought you the start of CIVIL WAR with the NEW AVENGERS ILLUMINATI SPECIAL comes this heart-wrenching finale that cannot be missed. Two of the Marvel heroes most affected by the shocking conclusion of the war get together one last time. What is said between them will set the course of the Marvel Universe for years to come. This is the confession.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:55 AM   #323
spider-prime

Bastards delayed it again! I was so waiting for the end of the month for them to come out and then it's delayed another month! NOOOO!!!

It better be a awesome ending and not a cop out like most marvel crossovers.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:21 AM   #324
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

Most crossovers are cop outs, it isn't just a Marvel thing.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:20 PM   #325
spider-prime

I mostly only read marvel tho
Old 03-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #326
Reko8

man took me a while to find this topic, last post was a longer than I thought

anyways, a couple things, I finished the Bullet Points series and Civil War. I really enjoyed Bullet Points and how they finished it off. The fact that one bullet changed the fate of hundreds of super heroes and villains lives. One question though, at the beginning of #4, what happened to Dr. Strange cause I dont know his backstory. Did he become Wolverine or something and did it even affect any outcomes?

also, for my marvel subscriptions, is there any way to subscribe more to my account and is my current subscription on auto-renewal? I couldnt find anything on their site to view my account.
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:44 PM   #327
spider-prime

You will probably just have to order them though the site again.
and I'm pretty sure everything is on auto renewal, I didn't stay with it long enough to find out myself, but if not, they will send you probably a subscription renewal card within 3 months before the end of it like most magazines companies do.

and for Bullet Points, he ends up not becoming the Dr. Strange we know and works with Reed Richards with Shield. So his changed thing wasn't just that but also that Mordo lets free Dormammu and the ancient one waits even longer for a new one to past his teachings to.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:44 PM   #328
Decado

I started reading Civil War a week or two ago. What a friggin snore-fest. Looking at who the writers are it isn't too much of a surprise, though. Why did Marvel use some of the most insignificant talent in the industry on something so big?

No wonder I don't care for most of the mainstream DC and Marvel stuff...it sucks.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:23 PM   #329
Meticulous
the world wide web

I've been hearing about this graphic novel for years, titled "The Watchman" (yes, I know what it is) and no one would ever stop masturbating over it. Since there's a film on the way, does anyone suggest I purchase it and forsake being broke at the moment?
Meticulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:21 PM   #330
Decado

Dunno man. The book is pretty old (can't say I like the art) and the movie will be out in the next year or so. I haven't read too much (I dled it a while back). Seems OK, but I think I'm going to wait for the movie.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote