The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 03-29-2006, 08:40 PM   #1
justin_credible

Wow, just my luck (Pirates beware)

Hey what's up everyone. I just wanted to tell you guys what just happened to me.

I get home from work and tried to connect to the internet and I was unable to connect. Well I call my internet provider and they say that my service has been suspended due to a "security issue" and after they transfer me wrong about 50 times I finally speak to someone in that department. He tells me that I downloaded a movie V for Vendetta, he knew the website and everything. He reinstated my service but told me the company who had the copyright to the movie will be contacting me. Just letting you guys know be careful although it's just my luck that I would get caught, it could happen to anyone now. I don't know now if I'm going to get sued or what, all for a shitty movie that would of cost $7 in theaters (but after watching wasn't even worth paying that)

But besides this bulls*** things have been much better for me. I've been working out almost everyday eating better and I've felt a whole hell of a lot better about my life. Anyway just an update.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 08:48 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I TOLD YOU THAT WOULD HAPPEN SOONER OR LATER!!!

probably cause I did phone the FBI to watch you... I mean No I didn't, I didn't squeal!!! I SWEAR! DON'T BREAK MY THUMBS!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

welcome back bud! REVO specs tonight at 9!! w00t
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:53 PM   #3
George Foreman

Damn, that's gotta suck(about the movie thing).

I had an interesting day too; while I was cooking some french fries I sat down for a few minutes. When I finally got up I saw that flames were spewing from my frying pan so I turned of the heat but, when flames started to pop out from the pan I grabbed it and tryed to put it out in the sink(I'm such a dumbass). When I brought it over flames started to go all over the floor, into the sink, and lighting my moms curtains on fire. Suddenly, the pan lit up and I dropped it and tryed to run, but I slipped in a nearby puddle of greese. I picked myself up grabbed the phone and called 911. To my astonishment all of the flames went out but I still took my cousin and grandmother outside of the house to wait for the firefighters.

While I was out there I noticed a burn on my finger(thank god my clothes didn't catch on fire. Also we got attacked by the racist dog next door(for some reason it only attacks black people) and my grandma fell trying to get away. In the end the firemen cleared our house of smoke, cut up our floor, and I have a huge ass index finger(due to the blistering from the burn).
Old 03-29-2006, 08:53 PM   #4
B.B. Gambini
Banned

that is some seriously bad luck, all the bootlegging ive done since like 8th grade and ive never gotten anything like that, that **** would have me worried...id say...if they try and sue say you saw the movie so it was ok for you to download it... yea thats not gonna work...good luck though, i hope you dont get sued

oh and, did you download a torrent, or was it like an actual link?
B.B. Gambini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:53 PM   #5
Decado

How did you get the movie? Torrent? Direct download? IRC?
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:02 PM   #6
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I don't think it matters cause they track everything you do on the web if they want to, but from what he put probably bit torrent
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:09 PM   #7
B.B. Gambini
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime
I don't think it matters cause they track everything you do on the web if they want to, but from what he put probably bit torrent
but i have so much i still need to download
B.B. Gambini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:10 PM   #8
justin_credible

It was a torrent off torrentspy, they told me the movie and the website and the fact that it had cd 1 and 2. They knew all, damn snitches.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:19 PM   #9
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Foreman
Fire
should've used the Foreman grill!

As for justin- dude, that's scary. What ISP do you use?
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:30 PM   #10
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Its great to see you again Justin but the news you bring is a bit scary.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:37 PM   #11
da missinlink
MIA It would seem

Unfortunatly the movie isn't out on dvd yet. Cause isn't there something that says its legal to download anything as long as you own a legal copy?
da missinlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #12
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire

Well I only use TorrentSpy for TV (I could claim it's like a PDR since I "don't" store them) n Apps (less prosecuition with apps).

Public trackers = quick targets!

**** em all.

Go out and watch the movie save the ticket. If worse comes down to worse you may be able to claim victim. Go out buy a USB HD, copy anything with copywrite on there, store that at a friends house, also secure wipe your HD and then Reformat twice. Also remove any burnt media from your posession and you'll be all right. Keep that in mind if they start talking lawsuit.

Last edited by AmishNazi; 03-29-2006 at 09:49 PM.
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:53 PM   #13
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Still, they would know you Dled it. Are you going to deny it even after they know?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:56 PM   #14
AmishNazi
Skag Killer Extraordanaire

Nope that's just to avoid getting hit up for the stuff they don't know about... Some of us could see alot in fines which is all it boils down too anyway.
AmishNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:57 PM   #15
George Foreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by burpingcat
should've used the Foreman grill!

As for justin- dude, that's scary. What ISP do you use?

That's why I'm gonna ask for the G5 for my birthday. :yikes:

On Topic: I thought that they could only catch you if you actually shared the file yourself?