The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 03-22-2006, 11:59 PM   #1
Alucard

Battlefield 2142

Yeah you heard. Futuristic version for people who are too anal about WW2 and other current battle games. Heres your fucking laser gun.

Quote:
Fight an all-out war for survival in the year 2142. Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) and Sweden-based developer, Digital Illusions, today announced development of the next installment in the award-winning Battlefield franchise, Battlefield 2142. The ground-breaking first-person shooter is scheduled to ship this fall for the PC.

The year is 2142, and the dawn of a new Ice age has thrown the world into a panic. The math is simple and brutal: The soil not covered by ice can only feed a fraction of the Earth's population. Some will live, most will die. In Battlefield 2142, players will choose to fight for one of two military superpowers in an epic battle for survival, the European Union or the newly formed Pan Asian Coalition. Armed with a devastating arsenal of hi-tech assault rifles, cloaking devices and sentry guns, players will also do battle using some of the most imposing vehicles known to man. Massive battle Mechs wage fierce combat on the ground, while futuristic aircraft rule the skies. When facing one of these new behemoths, players will need to use their wits and an arsenal of new countermeasures like EMP grenades to level the playing field.

"Battlefield has long been synonymous with innovative, best-of-breed online multiplayer action," said Sean Decker, Executive Producer, DICE. "By stepping into the future with Battlefield 2142, the team at DICE has reinvented the rules of engagement for the next century."

Team play features allow up to 64 players to enter the action on the front lines as part of a formal squad, or work behind the scenes in Commander Mode to direct the strategic assaults of their teammates. With in-game success, players increase their rank and unlock awards, including new weapons, medals and more, delivering the most comprehensive and flexible persistence in the Battlefield universe to date.

Will I be getting it? Lets see...I own all the Battlefield games...and I like mechs.. So thats a HELL yes from me.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 12:20 AM   #2
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Its 2142 and we still use bullets? These guys need to read Popular Science.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:45 AM   #3
Alucard

Bullets are still used. Laser guns take too much power and would make the guns bigger and have less ammo. Bulets carve through everything and are cheap for mass production army!
Old 03-23-2006, 01:09 AM   #4
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

Wow, I guess this is DICE's last hurrah before EA dismantles them.
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:52 AM   #5
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard
Bullets are still used. Laser guns take too much power and would make the guns bigger and have less ammo. Bulets carve through everything and are cheap for mass production army!
The future wont use bullets. Or the bullets of today like we seen in these screen shots. The guns in testing now fire off magnets and small batteries. The ammo used wont make a sound when shot and the ammo is smaller and totally re-useable. It also able to be adjusted with the gun. Making the bullets shot out powerful enough to pierce thick armor, travel sniper distances, or just go through brick walls. They are going to be putting all of this in artillery, tanks, battle ships, ect in 2012. Riffle version will be latter in 2030-2050. So if this game is based in 2142 they need to stop using today's tech in their imaginations of the future

Last edited by Reality; 03-23-2006 at 03:00 AM.
Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:44 AM   #6
Anthrax

Noooooo! I wish they released that as a mod instead. Looks like the same engine but different theme.
Anthrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:49 AM   #7
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

Yeah, that's probably why it's appeared so quickly. Hey, remember, the franchise is under EA's wing, so they WILL whore the hell out of it!
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:56 AM   #8
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality
The future wont use bullets. Or the bullets of today like we seen in these screen shots. The guns in testing now fire off magnets and small batteries. The ammo used wont make a sound when shot and the ammo is smaller and totally re-useable. It also able to be adjusted with the gun. Making the bullets shot out powerful enough to pierce thick armor, travel sniper distances, or just go through brick walls. They are going to be putting all of this in artillery, tanks, battle ships, ect in 2012. Riffle version will be latter in 2030-2050. So if this game is based in 2142 they need to stop using today's tech in their imaginations of the future

Speaking like someone who hasnt watched the Aliens movie. Honestly. Whats wrong with you
Old 03-23-2006, 10:52 AM   #9
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Yeah your right..I never watched the alien movies...I'm going to go kill myself now.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:19 PM   #10
Alucard

Ok joking aside....did you see the Aliens movies or you're just playing along?
Old 03-23-2006, 12:21 PM   #11
Nindalf

I haven't seen the Aliens movies.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:50 PM   #12
Reko8

I like the theme, it seems strikingly different then the original 1942 games and why are all wars on a year that ends in '2'?
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:49 PM   #13
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindalf
I haven't seen the Aliens movies.

Yeah well you're 12 and would probably piss yourself out of fear if you did watch it. Begone pest!
Old 03-23-2006, 02:52 PM   #14
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Quote:
Ok joking aside....did you see the Aliens movies or you're just playing along?
I never seen them.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:59 PM   #15
Nindalf

Quote:
Yeah well you're 12 and would probably piss yourself out of fear if you did watch it. Begone pest!
Rich coming from a guy who doesn't even know who the Wings are.

I have seen all the Aliens movies, by the way. Except Alien vs. Predator. Looked stupid
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote