The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 03-02-2006, 01:44 AM   #1
Alucard

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Golden

This is for those who enjoy good games, and are curious to see what they change from the xbox360 version to the PC. Well thankfully theres a few changes. Good ones too. And ofcourse, its Gold. Seska, you'll see it on the ne-..err..SHOPS, very soon!

Quote:
Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, is pleased to announce that Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, the next installment in the critically acclaimed, squad-based military shooter franchise, has gone gold on Xbox360. Check below for further details on Xbox and PC release dates.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter will be shipping for the PC in May 2006. Ubisoft has extended the launch of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for the PC version allowing the developers more time to put the finishing touches on the game and make it the best possible PC gaming experience.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft will be available March 9 worldwide. For the Xbox it will be shipping March 9 in the U.S. and March 16 in Europe. Look for more news regarding Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter in the coming days.

Like, omg - wtf! What about the PC version and other systems?

Why did you delay the other versions?

Mathieu Girard - To achieve better quality and deliver all the features we wanted to have in the game. GRAW PC is a project developed specifically for this machine so its development cycle was different from that of the other platforms.

What are the main differences between consoles and PC builds?

Mathieu Girard- We have a gameplay that is very different from the gameplay of the console version; for instance the ghosts are controlled in a way that is specific to the PC, with a much more accurate order system. This involves adapting all the game content (including reprogramming completely the enemy AI) and tuning it to this way of playing. We shared the storyline and setting of the XBOX 360, but all the rest had to be reworked, to appeal to a GR1 audience while at the same time taking into account the new PC specific features. The other major differences are, of course, full first person control, and PC-specific multiplayer modes.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/692/692871p1.html

Below is a 360 image just so you get the idea of the changes.

Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 01:51 AM   #2
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

So basically they made the PC version into more of a first persion shooter while the 360 version is done from the third person.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:52 AM   #3
Alucard

And also upped the AI from good to deadly. PC gamers arent a fan of the over the shoulder camera that console gamers use. I like it for some games but not for this style.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:30 PM   #4
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Well, in the console version I swear I have seen a video where they have played it in first person.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:34 PM   #5
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedFromSin
Well, in the console version I swear I have seen a video where they have played it in first person.
Be honest, I'd expect the console version to have both first and third person like most of the previous Tom Clancy games.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I don't suppose you could link the images could you? It makes the article extremly hard to read.
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:52 PM   #7
Alucard

It would be easier just going to the site they're on. I dont know why they have to create pictures that are larger then most resolutions people use. ITs bloody annoying.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/692/692871p1.html
Old 03-02-2006, 05:03 PM   #8
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

well ive been waiting for a tom clancys with graphics like these,

the console versions just seem so like your swimming through glue.

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:31 PM   #9
Alucard

The 360 version or just regular xbox?