The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 11-08-2005, 06:49 PM   #1
hchenter

Good free game: Wild Cannon

if you liked gunbound i think youll like this one too.

http://www.wildcannon.com/index.asp

Wild Cannon an online multiplayer turn based shooting game like worms, but online, and free.

CJ Internet Inc is a new company to the US. CJ Internet Inc. is a branch off of Netmarble. We just released a game called Wild Cannon so please come and try it out.

Anyways they say pictures can tell a thousand words so here?s some screenshots.

There are some more on the website.

Anyways we just finished translating/fixing translations on the website so it shouldn?t be too hard to navigate, so come check us out. It?s fun and it?s free!
hchenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #2
Seraph
>:3

Oh neat, a game developer posting on our forums :3

I really liked gunbound, the only reason i quit was because they started demanding money and the community went to garbage. Actually the money thing had little to do with it, it was ALL about the community. I hated playing games with 10 year olds that cussed me out and made me feel like a retard when i made ONE bad shot.

What MB member wants to try this with me? Im sure my clone would love to, but hes banned right now, so ill have to wait.

Im downloading it tonight when I get home from work anyways, so ill write up what i thought of it for you ^__^

Last edited by seraph830; 11-08-2005 at 07:45 PM.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:38 PM   #3
camac
I feel so good.

Yeah, first thing that popped to mind was Gunbound. Too bad the sprites aren't a little bit bigger and more detailed. Looks decent enough.
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:49 PM   #4
Alucard

I'll be giving it a shot once my upgraded parts come in sometime this week so my PC actually WORKS with stuff. I'll take you on seraph!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:23 PM   #5
Seraph

challenge the PC king? YOUR ON!
Old 11-08-2005, 10:57 PM   #6
Vegetto
Alive

what type of game is this anyway?

is it turned base??
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 12:23 AM   #7
Seraph

I already uninstalled it. Ill explain more in the morning.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:23 AM   #8
Seraph

Ok, i was really excited about this game. I got home, signed up and installed it.

Ready to play i thought "thats strange, it didnt auto create a icon on my desktop" So i clicked the start menu, "hmmm, its not in there either". So i browsed to where I installed it, and tried running it from there.

"please start the game by logging into our website and clicking start"

ok...... a bit on the weird side. So i did just that, then IE blocked the activeX content it tries to launch. Agianst my better common sense, i enabled activeX and this publisher to launch content. Then finally i was able to play the game.

Right from the get go i was dissapointed. The menu graphics reminded me of a old DOS game/Java game. No matter, i created a game, and withing a few minutes, somebody joined it.

So the match begins! Playing gunbound for practicly forever gave me some kind of idea what to do. The graphics were average. Sprites look horribly simplistic (not cartoony simplistic like gunbound, im talking quality simplistic).

Backgrounds look beautiful but so does the ground and this creates a problem. Its hard to tell the difference between the two, I would take what i thought was a clear shot only to have it slam into the side of a cliff i couldnt tell was there.

The hold space bar power shot is the same as gunbound. But this one suffers from lag. The bar does not stop exactly when you let go.

And from the hour i played this game, i could already tell it was very unbalanced. I was blasting this kid hardcore, and he only had about 10% life left. He hadnt hit me once and the win was mine. Then out of nowhere he shot one super blast, that hit me and made me fall through the floor. 1 shot. He hadnt even dug out any dirt around me nor was i standing on thin ground.

Like i said, i already uninstalled it. If you want to play this type of game online, gunbound is your better bet. Guess we will have to find another game for me to beat you at PC King.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:15 PM   #9
Alucard

boooo. I am not pleased.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote