The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 10-27-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
Vegetto
Alive

so HOW do I cancel X box live??

so yeah, I did one of those 2 month trial things.

so when the 2 months are up its gonna resubscribe me.

so how do I cancel my account exactly??
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
Reality
Sin and Punishment

There is a myth that somewhere in the interface menus of your Xbox is a "unsubscribe" option. But M$ was clever in hiding it. So your only other option is to DUM DUM DUMMMM! Call the Xbox hotline, fight with representatives and cancel through them.

Last edited by Reality; 10-28-2005 at 12:04 AM.
Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:25 PM   #3
Vegetto
Alive

good hell.... NEVER AGAIN!
Old 10-27-2005, 03:28 PM   #4
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality
There is a myth that somewhere in the interface menus of your Xbox is a "unsubscribe" option. But M$ was clever in hiding it. So you only other option is to DUM DUM DUMMMM! Call the Xbox hotline, fight with representatives and cancel through them.
Yeah, you're right you have to call the xbox live hotline. But I hate having to go through a hotline to cancel stuff. Last year I was staying at a relative's house for about 3 months and I had my pc with me and used one of those free aol disks to get internet connection. Well I tried canceling it before they would start charging, and the phone bill wasn't under my name but my relative's. I called once to cancel and the guy said he would give me 2 free months if I would stay, but I told him no and he said ok, and they'll send me a letter confirming the cancel. Well I got a letter but it wasn't for the cancle but instead the jackass gave me the 2 free months. So I call again and some lady answers. I tell here the situation and then SHE's trying to get me to stay. She says stuff like "Well we can offer you 3 months of free service if you stay with us". I had to cus her out then because I was tired fo them trying to get me to keep their service. Besides, I was moving out and there would be no point in my relative getting charged for internet they can't use. So finally she said she would cancel it and said As of [insert date] your service will be terminated, blah blah blah. And I made sure, so I asked "Will there be any charges of any kind after this call" and she said no. I tell you it's a bitch to cancel over the phone.

btw vegetto you may want to take a look at this page

http://csof.net/node.php?id=825

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:59 PM   #5
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

I know mine ends sometime in Dec or January. I was going to write a letter to them stating EXPLICITLY that once my 1 year ends, I do not want my card charged for use of XBox Live. I want to terminate my subcription. I do not want a penny charged to my cards. If XBox Live continues to operate on my XBox after my 1 year from my startupdate(Dec or Jan 05), I will assume that there was an error on your part and will fight any charges upon my card for your errors.

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:23 PM   #6
spydaweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior
I know mine ends sometime in Dec or January. I was going to write a letter to them stating EXPLICITLY that once my 1 year ends, I do not want my card charged for use of XBox Live. I want to terminate my subcription. I do not want a penny charged to my cards. If XBox Live continues to operate on my XBox after my 1 year from my startupdate(Dec or Jan 05), I will assume that there was an error on your part and will fight any charges upon my card for your errors.
pff. Good luck with that. I'm sure it won't fly.
spydaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #7
welshfreak
: )

They all make it very very easy to join, but very difficult to get out of. :annoyed:
welshfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 05:31 PM   #8
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

I did the unsubscription over the interface, but I could not tell you how to do it because it has been so long. I think it is somewhere in the billing section.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:25 PM   #9
justin_credible

Just call, it's sort of annoying cause some women on the phone will be all like "why you wanna cancel FOOL?" and you I go "cuz I $#@&ing said so you C*NT." and she's all like "yes sir" it's a pretty crazy phone call, or at least mine was.

Last edited by justin_credible; 10-27-2005 at 06:28 PM.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:38 PM   #10
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Call 1-800-4MY-XBOX, go through the maze of phone menus, and tell a real person you need to cancel You'll need to know what your "Gamertag" is.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:58 PM   #11
B.B. Gambini
Banned

the easiest way to get out is to tell them that your system broke and you dont know when your going to get a new one if at all, and theyll leave you alone, its the only way i was able to get rid of my useless AOL connection
B.B. Gambini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:06 PM   #12
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

New version of xbox live won't require a credit card apparently. You can use CC's or subscriptions cards you buy in the store.
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:54 PM   #13
Vegetto
Alive

thanks guys
Old 10-28-2005, 12:33 AM   #14
Alucard

Bah, why waste your time with calling their monkeys. Go to your bank and tell them to block them from pulling money out. This way your subscription ends without you having to do anything. If you REALLY feel like being nice you can email them saying you wish to cancel and you have denied them access to your credit card. Real easy and quick. Otherwise chances are they'll somehow charge you for at least an extra month. Go to your bank.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:52 AM   #15
Joe Redifer
Olé!

They don't charge monthly, they charge annually. So if you are late in cancelling like fellow forum member Vicviper, you have to pay for another full year.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote