The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 10-23-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
Nindalf

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories will flop

Under 500,000 sales in the US. PSP sales will barely increase because of it.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 01:09 PM   #2
SkooBoi

Damn 500k Preorders already? Looks like GTA:LCS will be a killer APP. Amazing since its Not Even Released Yet.
SkooBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 01:10 PM   #3
Rubeus

This game supposes to do a major boost to the PSP user base, Sony expects PSP sales go skyrocket after the game is out.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 01:15 PM   #4
Nindalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkooBoi
Damn 500k Preorders already? Looks like GTA:LCS will be a killer APP. Amazing since its Not Even Released Yet.
There's probably like 8 pre orders. I am forecasting how much it will sell this entire year. It just MIGHT exceed 500,000 after a loooong time or when it's a "greatest hit", or more commonly known as a "Bargain pin" game.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:16 PM   #5
Nindalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubeus
This game supposes to do a major boost to the PSP user base, Sony expects PSP sales go skyrocket after the game is out.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:16 PM   #6
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

It'll beat Nintendogs I bet, it'll do well here in Europe aswell.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 01:18 PM   #7
Nindalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001
It'll beat Nintendogs I bet
Maybe the Chihuahua version.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:10 PM   #8
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindalf
Maybe the Chihuahua version.

hahah yeah I agree with that, the worst ver. of them all. damn ugly dogs
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 04:04 PM   #9
zemzelett

heh, i remember there were alot of comercials for GTA:VC and GTA:SA before those games came out, and i havent seen one for this game yet. (maybe Rockstar is weary of JT?)

im thinking 250,000 in NA till the end of this year.
zemzelett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 04:24 PM   #10
Seska
Slurp

Considering the PSP is starved for games, and the hype behind this game, everyone is just going to buy it. ITs not like hteres anything else worth getting for the PSP this xmas.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:25 PM   #11
Zod
All hail the hypno-toad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindalf
Under 500,000 sales in the US. PSP sales will barely increase because of it.

With more and more game selling poorly and developers taking the EA approach with selling on the quantity of titles instead of quality of games that enable quantity of sales, 500k is actually pretty good now.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:37 PM   #12
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

I have not seen anything on this game. If it is supposed to be a killer app. they need to increase their advertising for it.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:14 PM   #13
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

it will sell well because of the american commercial regime.

people dont know what they want anymore like preps- they are told what they want and then they get it and tell their friends i have it- and they got to get it becuase without it they wont have no identity, and they will be seen as odd becuase its standard to have it.

preps need gta to survive.

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:27 PM   #14
Cobi*
renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedFromSin
I have not seen anything on this game. If it is supposed to be a killer app. they need to increase their advertising for it.
Rockstar has always held off on hyping the GTA games until the last possible minute. The path they've taken with LCS hasn't been any different thus far. GTA3 sold on word of mouth alone before the media caught on. If the series track record is any indication they really don't need that much of a marketing push. There are print ads already in circulation and the TV ads will probably start heavy rotation once the game is actually out.

Anyway, Nindalf is only setting himself up for ownage by saying GTA: LCS will flop. If there's one thing I've learnt this generation, it's to never underestimate GTA.

Trailer 1
http://www.rockstargames.com/liberty..._1_480x270.mov
http://www.rockstargames.com/liberty..._1_480x270.wmv

Trailer 2
http://www.rockstargames.com/liberty..._2_480x270.mov
http://www.rockstargames.com/liberty..._2_480x270.wmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalSolace2
it will sell well because of the american commercial regime.

people dont know what they want anymore like preps- they are told what they want and then they get it and tell their friends i have it- and they got to get it becuase without it they wont have no identity, and they will be seen as odd becuase its standard to have it.

preps need gta to survive.
LOL @ the N-tards pre-emptive damage control.

Last edited by clipz _//*; 10-23-2005 at 06:31 PM.
Cobi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:23 PM   #15
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

Quote:
LOL @ the N-tards pre-emptive damage control.
damn straight.

TBH though dont think LCS will sell **** loads,

i was just chatting with my sister who i never chat to in months and when she came back from america she was shocked at the hive mind mentality some areas have,

she was commenting on how you can be made in to a total outcast just for being different, and that from a young age your made to be normal as can be, normal in america is a very scary thing from what i'm hearing.

this is prep areas she was talking about, and from what ive heard from alot of people its like that alot in most places, it made her comment on how free we are in the UK, were not battered into an orderly social regeme where everyone should act or be a certain way,

its like the theme your with us, or against us.

she also said of how nice people were- so nice in fact it didnt feel natural at all.

i like my individual ways that are very far removed from everyone else but that is still respected enough not to cause people to penalise me for being different- everyone in the uk is very individual, accept for some weird suburban middle class townies. which is actually growing at an alarming rate.

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."

Last edited by FinalSolace2; 10-23-2005 at 07:28 PM.
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote