The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 10-15-2005, 11:32 AM   #1
Beam
~The Last Of The Old Guard~

Beam's Truthful Reviews

ok guys/gals i'll be doing quick reviews on games that some of you may have missed,and any other i might run across.i
whether or not the game is good or bad and i have played it i'll give you the info on it..
when i say quick review i really mean quick,so if you need an in-depth review i'm sure you'll find it in one of the other review threads.

first game:

METAL ARMS : GLITCH IN THE SYSTEM (multi-platform)

gameplay: kinda quirky at times but solid if you like run and shoot type of games.

graphics: subpar,you know the standard "make everything look the same no matter what console that you use" so that means that they were kinda bland looking.

fun level: single player game is kinda boring,but interesting enough to keep you playing though.the real fun only comes if you got three other players who are really into the shooter type thing.

overall: i give the overall package 4/10 it could have been better.

Last edited by Beam; 04-14-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 03:37 PM   #2
Revelade

Well, your title doesn't lie!

As for Metal Arms... It was okay, but I found it just too repetitive and hard for me to enjoy. This mission, shoot and get to the end. Next mission, shoot and get to the end. There are some other missions like car-riding or defending, but it's mostly run and gun.

Multiplayer is terrible, because of it's high learning curve and no bots. Finally, the game is a good value at 40 levels.
Revelade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 05:32 PM   #3
Beam

TALES OF SYMPHONIA (GCN)

gameplay: this is definitely not your usual rpg that's for sure.the battle (beware it contains plenty of button mashing) system takes a whole lot of getting used to and feels heavily like a side scrolling beat'em up.if you can get past the way that it plays then you'll be okay with it,but if not its doomed for the trade in value.

graphics: think cel-shaded dragonball z budoka,and you get the picture.it's a little too sugary for my tastes but at least the story line is good.

fun level: not very high when it is compared to other rpg's but it has enough twists and turns to keep a half smile on your face,plus it has 4-players at once for that secret of mana feelbut it doesn't quite pull it off.

overall:5/10: avoid this if you are not open minded to a different gameplay style and stick to what you know suits you better.because tales is not for everybody.(side note - if you liked namco's other button smashing rpg's you'll love this)
Old 10-16-2005, 06:11 PM   #4
Sk8_or_DIE
PUMP IT

keep up the good work.. but i think you should of named this thread
"Bem's HARSH reviews"
Old 10-20-2005, 09:25 AM   #5
Beam

i tought about a harsh review thread,but .........i'd said i'd better keep'em short and to the point rather than be a "bashingu" about the negative points of games.i say if you like ia game you like it,forget what other people think .but so far so good.

and about tales of symphonia,the only real problem was with the battle system,because the graphics do tend to grow on you.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:49 PM   #6
Seraph
>:3

The battle system of ToS was one of the best parts for me. Alot more fun than MENU>MAGIC>FIRE3>BLUEIMP_3>EXECUTE.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:22 PM   #7
Agamum

I saw the word (quiky ) here and thought I would check it out not what I thought it was
Old 10-20-2005, 08:52 PM   #8
Alucard

BOO!! Symphonia was brilliant. I'm guessing you never played the older Tales Of games since you mention the gameplay?
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:32 AM   #9
Beam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard: BOO!! Symphonia was brilliant. I'm guessing you never played the older Tales Of games since you mention the gameplay?

i did play them but, i based by review on what i'm currently playing.and i hate to nitpick but i have to point out what i think other gamers should look out for that's all.but not to be a complete badger,the battle system has it's moments,although if you're new to the genre it may taint your tadte a little.

and i know what you're thinking:::

alucard: well, beam doesn't that mean that your taste it tainted as well?

beam: you know you have a good point there al,but when you have been gaming as long as we have, we learn to judge fairly not just on a 15 min. play session.

alucard: point well received beamer,but still don't you think your reviews are a tad bit harsh and focusing on the negatives.

beam: yeah they are so from here on out i'll focus on both sides of the coin.

now that we have that out of the way i think i'll spruce up my reviews a little.and to agamum.........bad agamun,bad ========= *slaps hand with ruler*
Old 10-22-2005, 11:46 AM   #10
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamum
I saw the word (quiky ) here and thought I would check it out not what I thought it was
LOL. I was thinking the same thing until I seen the word review tacked onto the end.

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:49 PM   #11
Beam

dang kazuk you too lol! you bunch of dirty boys
Old 10-22-2005, 02:28 PM   #12
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam
dang kazuk you too lol! you bunch of dirty boys
My body may be clean but my mind is FILTHY. Almost as dirty as Seska's hentai collection.

STEAM

Old 10-22-2005, 02:33 PM   #13
Alucard

Who gave you permission to have a conversation with me without me being there.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:59 AM   #14
Beam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard: Who gave you permission to have a conversation with me without me being there.
well Al, it's called being a little looney and that is a magicbox requirement these days didn't you read the fine print when you signed your lease here
Old 10-23-2005, 12:45 PM   #15
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam
well Al, it's called being a little looney and that is a magicbox requirement these days didn't you read the fine print when you signed your lease here
I didn't see the fine print where it said alucard must give atomic wedgies to those before they're banned. LMFAO that would be funny as hell and a hell of a way to get banned.

So beam you gunna do any more quickies....... reviews that is.

STEAM