The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 10-13-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
Beam
~The Last Of The Old Guard~

my pc died ! ! ! ! ! 1 !

as crappy as it was my pv died last night. and i now have no way of getting online from my house ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! i have replaced every part of that of that thing so i might as well as either buy a new one,or just replace the HD in my old one and wait for the next thing to go. what do you guys think?????

Old 10-13-2005, 09:42 AM   #2
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

What do you mean, it "died"? How so? You cannot turn the power on?
Old 10-13-2005, 09:52 AM   #3
Nindalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578
What do you mean, it "died"?
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:54 AM   #4
Beam

powers on but the HD just makes a clicking sound. so i figured that the thing is pretty much shot.this pc has given me nothing but trouble,i've replaced everything inside it at least once,some parts more. (power supply)
Old 10-13-2005, 10:21 AM   #5
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

That's similar to what I had to go through shortly after I had first gotten my PC. As it turned out, there was something wrong with the C-MOS battery or something to that effect. So I simply used my warranty to exchange it for another one.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:17 AM   #6
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam
powers on but the HD just makes a clicking sound. so i figured that the thing is pretty much shot.this pc has given me nothing but trouble,i've replaced everything inside it at least once,some parts more. (power supply)
Is the HD the only part screwed up? If so (and if you're computer is pretty fast) then you should just replace the HD. My old pc did that once the HD died, the HD would make a clicking noise. This is waaaay back, I had downloaded visual studio so I could use the visual basic on it (the highschool visual basic class gave us some bull**** demo versions). Then one day I decided I didn't want it anymore and uninstalled it. I can't remember exactly what happened but the pc froze, i restarted and nothing was working right. Then I tried formatting but it almost every damn few seconds it would say something about a bad sector, which doesn't sound all too good to me. From then I knew the HD was shot so I just opened it and there were a few scratches on the disk. I put it back together, put it in the pc again and it started making those clicking noise.... so in a way I was the reason why it made the clicking noises
^___________^

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:40 PM   #7
Beam

as for speed,it's only a 2.0 ghz but that suits me as i only play older emulated games and dabble around in photoshop *has no clue what he is doing* and using someone else's pc to post SUX big time.i even posted my thread in the wrong section i was in such a rush! but i am pricing HD's now to see which one i'll buy when i recieve my next paycheck..but until then i guess i'm stuck.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:43 PM   #8
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam
as for speed,it's only a 2.0 ghz but that suits me as i only play older emulated games and dabble around in photoshop *has no clue what he is doing* and using someone else's pc to post SUX big time.i even posted my thread in the wrong section i was in such a rush! but i am pricing HD's now to see which one i'll buy when i recieve my next paycheck..but until then i guess i'm stuck.
2.0ghz? Mine is only a fucken 550MHz.

STEAM

Old 10-13-2005, 08:00 PM   #9
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarionetteKazuk
2.0ghz? Mine is only a fucken 550MHz.

UPGRADE YOU BASTARD!!!!

my slowest computer is only a 1ghz!!

you can get a good new computer for under 499.99 if you know where to look that isn't a celeron processor

but as long has you don't really need hardware to play games, a cheap computer is all you really need.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:24 PM   #10
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime
UPGRADE YOU BASTARD!!!!

my slowest computer is only a 1ghz!!

you can get a good new computer for under 499.99 if you know where to look that isn't a celeron processor

but as long has you don't really need hardware to play games, a cheap computer is all you really need.
I seen a barebone kit that's just around $100. It has a 1.93Ghz processor. All I would have to do is just put all must stuff (hardware wise) from my current pc to that one. I don't really use my computer for much gaming, mainly programming (small programs) and going online. I dare not touch those high-end games cuz I know they won't play on my pc. The "best" (graphically) games I've played on my pc were Hitman and Melty blood, without having a bunch of jerks in the speed of the game. I'll definitly buy a new pc once I get another job.

STEAM

Old 10-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #11
Alucard

My systems in the throws of a spazzing resetting at random fit. It is 4 years after all and I'm planning a complete overhaul in the next couple weeks. Gonna go from 2.1 to 3.5 so thats nice. At least I dont need to replace my 6800GT. That makes me happy.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 05:14 PM   #12
Beam

well,getting my pc's HD replaced is really going to throw a massive frelling wrench into my plans.since cash is really tight right now and this is going to hurt my budget.so this means getting no cable internet which is the biggest pain.but then again who needs it when your pc is on the blink?

using someone elses pc to get all of your online chores done is a serious hassle,because you never know when they're gonna need to do something putting whatever you're doing on hold.but oh well that's life for ya i guess.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:19 AM   #13
Beam

the frelling thing is still dead.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:22 PM   #14
Alucard

My HDD was the reason of my resetting. And the dumb thing has to die NOW when all the awesome games are coming out like FM2006, FEAR, X3, etc. Pisses me off! OHwell, I should hopefully have my upgrade in a week or so. Right now my DS is amusing me lots.

Beam, we are broken HDD brothers.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:46 PM   #15
Beam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard: Beam, we are broken HDD brothers.

couldn't have said it better myself and it did give me a laugh.