The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 10-08-2005, 07:40 AM   #31
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Of course Islam is different from other religions. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be Islam.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:53 AM   #32
Paper exe
Pwnd

........You know what I mean, Joe.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:10 PM   #33
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Very rarely.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 08:33 PM   #34
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper exe
The answer will be he shouldn?t fast and if he did then it means he killed him self or harmed his body which God gave it to him, so that he take care of it not harm it.
So... i have a question... do you think not eating for 12 hours is healthy and doesnt cause harm to your body? Actually i also wonder how u cope with bad breaths... are you allowed to eat mints?
Old 10-08-2005, 09:14 PM   #35
Daniel4802
That booty too fine

From what I understand, they can brush their teeth using water to wet their mouths during daylight hours. Just as long as they don't swallow it.

People who have medical conditions such as diabetes are exempt from fasting. The sick and pregnant/nursing women don't participate either.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:38 PM   #36
Stalin
International Playboy

Does Islam have a Jesus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinBre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromocore
the fuck is a n00b?

.... Is that considered irony?
Stalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:36 PM   #37
Daniel4802
That booty too fine

They believe he was one of the prophets who came before Muhammad. Just like in Christianity, they too acknowledge that God gave Jesus the ability to breathe life in clay pigeons, heal the sick, etc. but they don't recognize the whole "Father, Son, and Holy Spirity" trinity as well as the resurrection.

The topic of Jesus and Islam spurs several interesting questions. One of which being: If Jesus was indeed a Muslim, then why wasn't Islam present and practiced during his lifetime and shortly after his death? If he were Muslim, certainly he would have had followers who would have continued the religion. Islam didn't appear until Muhammad's lifetime(approximately 600 years after Jesus' death).

That same question can be asked in regards to any previous prophet dating all the way back to Abraham. Muslims declare that Abraham was a Muslim hanif. Again, are we to believe that through a period of over several 1,000 years, and numerous prophets, that Islam existed when it obviously was no where to be found?

This argument comes full circle with another topic of contention: Muslims often refer Islam to being God's final or last religion. These two words are very fascinating since they could very well contradict many of Islam's core claims. To use these words would clearly suggest that God showed mankind numerous religions throughout history, until He unveiled Islam(Why would God introduce numerous religions?). But the only way this wouldn't contradict Islam is that if every single prophet was a Muslim seeing that the religion vehemently alleges so. If Muslims insist on that being true, then they still have to answer as to why through all those 1,000s of years, and numerous prophets, Islam didn't exist.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:41 AM   #38
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
The topic of Jesus and Islam spurs several interesting questions. One of which being: If Jesus was indeed a Muslim, then why wasn't Islam present and practiced during his lifetime and shortly after his death? If he were Muslim, certainly he would have had followers who would have continued the religion. Islam didn't appear until Muhammad's lifetime(approximately 600 years after Jesus' death).

That same question can be asked in regards to any previous prophet dating all the way back to Abraham. Muslims declare that Abraham was a Muslim hanif. Again, are we to believe that through a period of over several 1,000 years, and numerous prophets, that Islam existed when it obviously was no where to be found?

This argument comes full circle with another topic of contention: Muslims often refer Islam to being God's final or last religion. These two words are very fascinating since they could very well contradict many of Islam's core claims. To use these words would clearly suggest that God showed mankind numerous religions throughout history, until He unveiled Islam(Why would God introduce numerous religions?). But the only way this wouldn't contradict Islam is that if every single prophet was a Muslim seeing that the religion vehemently alleges so. If Muslims insist on that being true, then they still have to answer as to why through all those 1,000s of years, and numerous prophets, Islam didn't exist.
I don't remember anyone saying that they are "Muslims" They are believers. Jesus for an example is Muslim hanif and his massage was meant to spend approximately 600 years. One of Arkan aliman is believe on these other massages and that they are from God, but only for that time and/or these people. In fact the bible did actually right that the last prophet will come and called Ahmad (Mohamed (one latter difference!!!1!)) will come and then it did. And as yet now, no other massage has come.
Edit. Just to clarify something and I also noticed that my weak English written have made a misleading. Jesus is not Christian or Muslim, but Muslim hanif. Yes, it is in Arabic, but better then being mislead with my post. Muslims hanifs do all what God told them and there massages were from God, but not for all people and/or all time.
The other mistake that I made was mistaking the word different massage with different religion and it is actually wrong and made my post misleading, because in English different religion means different beliefs I should have said different massage instead. The massage is different, because the massage was not for everyone and/or for eternity.

Edit 3: They aren?t ?Muslims?, because Islam didn't excite back then, but they are Muslim hanifs, because they teach the same thing and that God is the one that made them and that to believe in him and his Angles and the Day Of Judgment etc. In fact all of there teaching are in Islam for an example haje and Aumora is from the Prophet Abraham.
I repeat. What I meant by saying ?different? was that Mohamed massage is for all people and eternity, but the preview massages wasn?t for everyone and all time and that what I meant by ?different?.

Quote:
From what I understand, they can brush their teeth using water to wet their mouths during daylight hours. Just as long as they don't swallow it.
We can also use brush and that other thing that I don't know what they call it in English!

Last edited by Paper exe; 10-11-2005 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:03 AM   #39
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Quote:
I don't remember anyone saying that they are "Muslims" They are believers. Jesus for an example is Christian and his religion was meant to spend approximately 600 years. !
Really? Lets look back at your past posts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder force 6
Actually, Islam does posit that Abraham and Jesus were Muslim, insofar that they were completely submissive to God's will. Any follower of God before Muhammed is considered a Muslim in retrospect. From this point of view, the devisions in faiths really developed once Muhammed delivered the final prophecies and some chose not to follow the new directives.
your response:
Quote:
Yes, they are. Even Adam the first human is considered a Muslim in retrospect.
Link
Nothing beats contradicting yourself eh paper?

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 04:40 AM   #40
Paper exe
Pwnd

Yes I was still right in fact it that did not change any thing other then back me up.
It did used to be called "Islam". It is as simple as that. There masseg is actually right and was from God only that was not for everyone and not for eternity and meant to be continued on another and final Prophet.

Last edited by Paper exe; 10-09-2005 at 04:52 PM.