The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 04-25-2002, 04:09 PM   #1
Moogie

Lightbulb FAO: Sega RPG fans!

Hi there,

I hope this isn't considered spamming, if it is, my apologies.

For some time now, we've been running a campaign gathering online signatures and also snail-mails, to send off to Sega, Nintendo and Camelot Software Planning to let them know of the global demand for a new Shining Force game.

It's recently been suggested that THQ will be distributing Shining Soul internationally for Sega, so we know there's a Shining game on the way... but it's not Shining *Force* style which so many fans know and love!

So, the campaign goes on, and is close to it's target of 5,000 names signed... and now, I'm doing a last push for the campaign in order to get more fellow Shining and Sega RPG fans to sign it, so I can send it off ASAP!

I know a lot of you will probably say that online petitions don't count for much, and I understand why you'd think that. I don't want your flames or criticisms on this. I just think that if there's never another Shining Force game, it certainly shouldn't be for lack of trying, and that's what we're doing.

It might not do any good, but it certainly can't do any harm.

You could spend 5 minutes typing out a reply as to why you think this is a waste of time, or you could spend 30 seconds adding your name to the list of fans who'd like to see a new Shining Force game ;)

So, here's the URL:
http://shining.zophar.net/campaign

I hope you'll lend your support.

Many thanks for reading this, and again my apologies if this is against forum regulations (though I could see no rules to imply such).

Moogie
moogie@shining-force.co.uk
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 06:10 PM   #2
Pdaimaoh

no new game until we get the best ones!

I'm not signing a petition for a new shining force game until I have been granted the benefit of playing the best of the series in my native language

I could not even give a f*** if a new one came out in japan that also stays japanese, and I would feel it tainted, even if released in english, if I never got to enjoy the full three scenarios of shining force 3 for saturn

anyway, I'm all for them updating shining force 3 for my beloved gamecube and releasing that here, and THEN making a new SF game....

besides, as far as storyline goes, SF3/shining the holy ark had a far cooler and more original story/way of telling than any of the other shining games
Old 04-26-2002, 01:12 AM   #3
Alucard

I'm also one of the many who will, despite being a big Sega fan and supporter, HATE Sega for never releasing the second and third scenario in english for the Saturn. I loved the first one and will never be able to come to terms that I wont get to play the second two, or basically understand them.

I do hope they rerelease these games again. It would be too awesome.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 07:56 PM   #4
Pdaimaoh

I cheated

I read on shining force.com and gamefaqs and some other stuff the whole story of the games

that's how I know that even the cool cool scenario 1 is so utterly blown away by the story of the FULL THREE SCENARIOS

hell, it's obvious that seeing it through the prince's eyes would be cool, but the extension to the story and into the final scenario where everything from shining the holy ark is basically wrapped up, too (well all but that one thing)

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

so many cool cool characters!!!
Old 04-26-2002, 08:01 PM   #5
Soul4ger

Well, if you want SFIII in English, hope that it's one of the pieces of Saturn/Dreamcast software Sega chooses to port to Xbox. That would be freakin' sweet.
Old 05-08-2002, 03:43 PM   #6
Crono

I just want to add in what I've heard and some insignificant throughts. Mostly insignificant thoughts.

First up, the insignificant, pointless thoughts. Isn't the Shining Force series more in the genre of SRPG than RPG? It's more like the game that is like -Final Fantasy Tactics-, -Tactics Ogre-/Ogre Battle series, Langrisser series, Growlanser series, etc. Nothing significant, just wanted to say that since the Shining Force 3s (all that I have of the series) lists itself as "Simulation RPG".

Next up, stuff that I read/heard from some other sources. I, myself, cannot verify any of this to be true, so take this with just a grain of salt. We all probably know that Camelot Software Planning (formerly Sonic Software Planning) and Sega are the developers/creators/publisher to the Shining Force games. From what I heard, Camelot and Sega had a falling out, mainly because Sega failed to promote (or was it pay up for) -Shining Force 3: Scenario 2- and -Shining Force 3: Scenario 3-. Camelot doen't want to work with Sega again, nor did they prefer going to the Sony platform (burnt from -Beyond the Beyond- and -Minna-de Golf- I believe), but were quite content at working on the Nintendo platform (thus all the Mario Tennis/Golf games, -Mobile Golf-, and the ever-so-excellent -Ougon No Taiyou-/-Golden Sun-). From this [shortened] story, it sounds as if the Shining Force series of games (not the other Shining games released by Sega like -Shining in the Darkness-, -Shining the Holy Arc-, etc.) will either not be made (if Camelot controls a good portion of the rights) or be continued without the development team of Camelot (if Sega has the rights). Of course, this is all just speculation based upon a story that I got from somewhere/someone else, so there is a chance that this is all just fabricated, and a new Shining Force game may be made from Sega and Camelot.

If not, then at least -Shining Soul- looks quite pretty. Hope it will play well too.

CLOSING REMARK: ?uRPG?v??(??)?o???_?C??o?^???W????B
Old 05-12-2002, 10:54 PM   #7
retardboy

First off, SRPG is not its own genre. It's part of the RPG genre. Second, Shining Force is a SRPG which stands for Strategy RPG. Simulation RPG is more like Seventh Cross. Anyway, Sega owns the rights to the Shining series. Camelot also is more or less a second party of Nintendo now. They still could make a new Shining game for Sega if they wanted to, but they're kinda busy with Nintendo now. I'm not sure if they had a falling out with Sega or not. I don't think they did though. They seem to be on decent terms. Sega COO Kayama also said that they could make a Shining Force Online in an interview just before the death of Isao Okawa. And also, if Sega were to put into development a new Shining Force internally, I think they could do a great job. They have a very talented RPG group in Overworks. They even have a decent amount of experience in Strategy RPGs. (They made Riglord Saga 1 & 2) Anyway, maybe Sega's deal with Coolnet to port 10 old Sega games to the Xbox will include porting all 3 senarios of Shining Force to the Xbox... That would be great.
Old 05-13-2002, 12:22 PM   #8
folken001

Quote:
Originally posted by Alucard
I'm also one of the many who will, despite being a big Sega fan and supporter, HATE Sega for never releasing the second and third scenario in english for the Saturn. I loved the first one and will never be able to come to terms that I wont get to play the second two, or basically understand them.

I do hope they rerelease these games again. It would be too awesome.
At this point of time in videogame industry, maybe we will see a remake of every shining force from SEGA?

What I hate the most about SEGA is turning PSO into a mindless online RPG. A supposed epic became a mere chat room for those cyber freaks to date each other. I remembered one of EGM letter section, there was freak ask EGM stuffs to help him to solve a love triangle in PSO. WTF?!

FFXI Server: Caitsith
lv 75 RNG/PLD/BRD/NIN/MNK, lv 63 WHM(Retired)
folken001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 10:12 AM   #9
AndroM

Quote:
At this point of time in videogame industry, maybe we will see a remake of every shining force from SEGA?
Please god!
and Shining force 4 on any new console!
and special Shining Force for GBA
all done by Overworks and camelot