The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2005, 12:33 AM   #31
camac
I feel so good.
 
camac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 3,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarionetteKazuk
Everyone knows that DS isn't a gameboy. Some say it is a GB because it's handheld, which isn't entirely true. Since when can a gameboy play sm64? We could easily say that the psp is just another psx (ps1), and you'll get people who say it's not, so how's someone (who doesn't work for nintendo by the way) going to say that the DS is a gameboy even though nintendo themselves said it's not.
Haha, thats the dumbest logic I've seen in a long time. So its not a Gameboy because it can play Super Mario 64? Hmmm, Last time I checked The original Gameboy couldn't play Zelda A Link to the Past, but the GBA can! Since when can the gameboy play Snes games! Impossible! The GBA is not a gameboy either! Duuur

Its all just in the name, who cares, the fact is Nintendo has 2 main systems now, both handheld and console: the DS and the GC.

Again here you go bringing in other compainies to defend Nintendo. Yes, the PSP is basicaly a dumbed down portable PS2, but you know what? Who cares, were talking about the DS here. Even if its true, and it is imo, its still irrelavant.

So yes, lets fix your first sentence.

Quote:
All the Nintendo fanboys are in denial that DS isn't a gameboy.
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:56 AM   #32
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?
 
MarionetteKazuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,832
Again here you go bringing in other compainies to defend Nintendo. Yes, the PSP is basicaly a dumbed down portable PS2, but you know what? Who cares, were talking about the DS here. Even if its true, and it is imo, its still irrelavant.

Irrelavant? It's called comparing. It's not a gameboy, plain and simple.

So yes, lets fix your first sentence
Haha. You mean someone like you trying to correct me? I guess people can have dreams. I don't need someone like you correcting me.
__________________
Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Portal, Plain Sight, Sam & Max 104: Abe Lincoln Must Die

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:03 AM   #33
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box
 
burpingcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,156
While it does seem that support for the GBA is thinning out, you can't really tell with Nintendo because they love to cut their systems' life support (good games) until it's absolutely necessary. In any case, wouldn't it be pretty foolish to release a new GBA model right as you kill off the support for the platform? Then again, the only people buying into the GBA Micro are fools themselves.
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:34 AM   #34
camac
I feel so good.
 
camac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 3,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarionetteKazuk

Haha. You mean someone like you trying to correct me? I guess people can have dreams. I don't need someone like you correcting me.
Yes someone like me. Someone who isn't a fanboy who pledges his blind loyalty to any given company. hah, but I guess in your perfect world everyone would be a Nintendo fanboy like yourself eh?
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:29 AM   #35
Seraph
>:3
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 11,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade X
Don't be appart of these forums!
Still bitter I've been one of the only people to challenge the great RenegadeX and his opinions? Er I mean AKA THE TRUTH!

I'm pointing out that we have had this whole?
Micro is a joke
No it's not
Yes it is
No it's not
Yes it is

?Conversation a few times already in multiple threads. They all take place the same way too:

#1. Somebody will post a new topic containing micro information.
#2. The next 4-5 people use the word ?micro? and ?joke? in the same sentence, usually making reference to Nintendo using words like ?whore? and ?milking?.
#3. Some brave soul posts why he's getting it, usually mentioning things such as: portability, brighter screen, and public image.
#4. Those 4-5 people that posted before disregard any of the reasons he's buying it and tell him/her to buy a DS or SP instead.
#5. RenegadeX makes a celebrity appearance, spreading his hateful TRUTH!!! around the thread.
#6. Go back to step 2, and repeat until everyone gets sick of the topic for the day.

No thanks RenegadeX ill stay. Of course, I'm son of Vert1 according to you (whoever the hell that is), so maybe you will get lucky and ill get banned like you predicted.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:51 AM   #36
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?
 
MarionetteKazuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by camac
Yes someone like me. Someone who isn't a fanboy who pledges his blind loyalty to any given company. hah, but I guess in your perfect world everyone would be a Nintendo fanboy like yourself eh?
Wrong again. I guess some don't learn ey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph830
Still bitter I've been one of the only people to challenge the great RenegadeX and his opinions? Er I mean AKA THE TRUTH!

I'm pointing out that we have had this whole?
Micro is a joke
No it's not
Yes it is
No it's not
Yes it is
?Conversation a few times already in multiple threads. They all take place the same way too:

#1. Somebody will post a new topic containing micro information.
#2. The next 4-5 people use the word ?micro? and ?joke? in the same sentence, usually making reference to Nintendo using words like ?whore? and ?milking?.
#3. Some brave soul posts why he's getting it, usually mentioning things such as: portability, brighter screen, and public image.
#4. Those 4-5 people that posted before disregard any of the reasons he's buying it and tell him/her to buy a DS or SP instead.
#5. RenegadeX makes a celebrity appearance, spreading his hateful TRUTH!!! around the thread.
#6. Go back to step 2, and repeat until everyone gets sick of the topic for the day.

No thanks RenegadeX ill stay. Of course, I'm son of Vert1 according to you (whoever the hell that is), so maybe you will get lucky and ill get banned like you predicted.
Face it. There are just some people who don't like nintendo for one reason or another and since they don't like it they call everyone who likes nintendo a fanboy such as camac does. He says I'm a fanboy, but since apparently he knows all about everyone he just assumes a fanboy of everyone. Little does he know that I play all three of the major systems that are out now (gc, xbox, ps2) and since he didn't know that he automatically assumes I'm a fanboy of nintendo. I will make it clear for little camac that nintendo (the gc) is my favorite system out of the 3 right now, but doen't mean that I don't play the other systems and enjoy some of the games one them which doesn't make me a fanboy. So camac, I guess you're wrong yet again, but let's give him a round of applause for giving some effort. Way to go....
__________________
Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Portal, Plain Sight, Sam & Max 104: Abe Lincoln Must Die

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.

Last edited by MarionetteKazuk; 09-07-2005 at 10:59 AM.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:21 AM   #37
camac
I feel so good.
 
camac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 3,550
Its not what you own that makes you a fanboy, but the unbelievable amount of denial and 100% support you give Nintendo.

Seriously, in this gen, how many mistakes do you think Nintendo has made? What are they? Why are you so defensive when there is negativity directed towards them? Thats what makes a fanboy in my eyes.
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:27 AM   #38
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?
 
MarionetteKazuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by camac
Its not what you own that makes you a fanboy, but the unbelievable amount of denial and 100% support you give Nintendo.

Seriously, in this gen, how many mistakes do you think Nintendo has made? What are they? Why are you so defensive when there is negativity directed towards them? Thats what makes a fanboy in my eyes.
Ok, let's the baby it's bottle and answere it's questions.

1. The mistakes they've made: To me I think the mistakes they made were with the 3rd party support. And one of the main games that I think aren't all too good is Donkey Konga.

2. What are they: I've just answered it above.

3. Why are you so defensive when there is negativity directed towards them?:
It's not that I'm defensive when there's any negativeity directed towards them, just when some jackass comes and says something that is completely dumb then that's when I get defensive.

Well that concludes this interview. So are you happy now?
__________________
Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Portal, Plain Sight, Sam & Max 104: Abe Lincoln Must Die

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:30 AM   #39
camac
I feel so good.
 
camac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 3,550
Haha, I was happy enough before. But yes, its intresting to get an idea of how your head works.
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:36 PM   #40
Keits
Kaizoku da!
 
Keits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by camac
Haha, I was happy enough before. But yes, its intresting to get an idea of how your head works.
You are kind of an idiot...

Rather than have a nice conversation based on whats been announced and what seems to be happening, you would rather sling mud in the form of the words 'fanboy ' and 'denial' in order to boost yourself above other internet forum users.

Congrats.
Keits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:44 PM   #41
camac
I feel so good.
 
camac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 3,550
Hahaha, yes, right back at you buddy. Theres nothing wrong with pointing out flawed logic, consider it flinging mud if you want, but seeing so much of it tends to wear me down and once in a while I need to jump in and say something. Its the nature of a forum no?
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:48 PM   #42
Seraph
>:3
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 11,005
Once agian
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph830
Sometimes I feel dumber being a part of these forums.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:55 PM   #43
Keits
Kaizoku da!
 
Keits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by camac
Hahaha, yes, right back at you buddy. Theres nothing wrong with pointing out flawed logic, consider it flinging mud if you want, but seeing so much of it tends to wear me down and once in a while I need to jump in and say something. Its the nature of a forum no?
That would be all good and fine if I had presented any of my own logic at all. I just stated that Nintendo said, flat out, that DS was a seperate platform line from Gameboy. You then erupted into madness because of it, and I simply asked why you didn't buy into it.

Now you are off on some tangent petting your superiority complexe. God forbid people on the Nintendo section of the forum have a discussion about Nintendo. THEY MUST BE TEH FANBOYZ! HAHAHA BACK AT 'CHA BUDDY!
Keits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:00 PM   #44
Seska
Slurp
 
Seska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The Rain in Spain
Posts: 1,756
In all honesty, I think Nintendo are the only ones not grouping the DS in the same platform as the GB franchise. BEfore release they said it would not be in direct competition with the PSP, and probably still say so today, but everyone knows differently.

Really, its the logical thing to say, they obviously still want to move the GBAs, and having a superior product like the DS compete with themselves is not good for business without them on top of it all reinforcing this idea on the consumers.
__________________
Meow.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:02 PM   #45
camac
I feel so good.
 
camac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 3,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keits
That would be all good and fine if I had presented any of my own logic at all. I just stated that Nintendo said, flat out, that DS was a seperate platform line from Gameboy. You then erupted into madness because of it, and I simply asked why you didn't buy into it.
Uh, no, I don't even remeber talking directly to you on this thread. What got me was Kazuk's logic of "Since when can a gameboy play SM64".
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.