The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 06-09-2005, 03:32 AM   #1
Abaddon
Banned

Accessory help

I like to watch my shows that I download from my computer on my TV by hooking up an S-Video cable from my computer to my TV, it works and looks great, my only problem is everytime I do it I have to move my speakers around and it becomes a huge mess, so what I was wondering is if there was a cable or an adapter that I could get which allows me to hook up my L/R audio channels from my TV (the red and white slots) and hook it up to my computer audio slot.

Thanks in advance.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 03:40 AM   #2
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

The Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy Pro has hooks into I believe, basically a sound system mounted into a cd-rom drive spot. I don't know of any spliter cables, but I'm sure there is something out there like that, as the higher end stuff tends to get a bit pricey. Quite nice though.

When I get married, my wife is either going to love or hate what I do to the entertainment center, because I'm going to intergrate every possible thing I can. That means if I can turn on the stove and cook something with my computer I'm going to do it.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:44 AM   #3
Abaddon
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by IoriYagami n8
The Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy Pro has hooks into I believe, basically a sound system mounted into a cd-rom drive spot. I don't know of any spliter cables, but I'm sure there is something out there like that, as the higher end stuff tends to get a bit pricey. Quite nice though.

When I get married, my wife is either going to love or hate what I do to the entertainment center, because I'm going to intergrate every possible thing I can. That means if I can turn on the stove and cook something with my computer I'm going to do it.
I'm not looking to change my sound card, it's good enough for me, but I was just wondering if there was a cable that hooks into the audio jack on my comp and has the red and white channel things for TVs, that's really all I care about. I'm pretty sure there would be, I just don't know what its called in order to find it efficiently.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:49 AM   #4
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

That's what you are looking for? It's a 3.5mm stereo mini-phone to dual RCA jack adaptor. Your local Radio Shack may carry something like that, or Best Buy perhaps.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:08 AM   #5
Alucard

There is. Just hop off to any store that stocks lots of audio style cables, be it PC store or whatever, and find the proper plugs. My friend has his normal SBLive card hooked up to his tv.

Ofcourse once you get a sound card that has a digital optic fibre out connection, and your current speakers or sound system has the optic fibre connection, life gets SO much more wonderful. Ofcourse this is only worthwhile if you're playing dvds through your PC or the divx rips you have are coded in with 5.1 sound or whatever and not just simple stereo.

But yeah, cables are there, just get the ones with the proper connections on each end and you're set. You can do ANYTHING with your PC.

...........w00t, iori beat me to it. And with a PICTURE!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 04:17 AM   #6
Abaddon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IoriYagami n8

That's what you are looking for? It's a 3.5mm stereo mini-phone to dual RCA jack adaptor. Your local Radio Shack may carry something like that, or Best Buy perhaps.
Actually it's this one

but thanks for the link! Now I know what I have to look for