The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 04-24-2002, 06:44 AM   #1
Shoryu

Samba Samba

Samba de amigo is a dreamcast dance game. (another game from the genius sonic team ^^)
you can play it with maraccas and it's pretty fun.
i hope the sequel will be on gamecube !!
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 06:37 PM   #2
Pdaimaoh

the sequel is on dreamcast

ever hear of samba 2k? that's the sequel, came out in japan quite some time ago
better initial selection of songs, and while I never did d/l the keys for the other songs, I think they were a bit better than remixes of old game songs...(as in the first game's 'secrect' songs)

I do like it
shaka tambourine has apparently been released or announced for the PSX (not PS2) in japan, but they are upgrading (??) it to use a well known teen idol group in it, that is almost certainly gonna make it japan only...
Old 04-24-2002, 10:50 PM   #3
Tifa's Knight

I hope Sega will devote their energies to something a bit more interesting. I still don't get why people like Samba de Amigo... if I wanna shake maracas I sure as hell don't need a video game to do it. I want to see some original Sega games for GameCube.
Old 04-25-2002, 06:02 AM   #4
Phie

It's amazingly cool, no doubt. I love it when you have to pose, I feel like a superstar *lol*
It's really funny watching videoclips taken from arcades in Japan. Seeing the japanese waving frantically...
Old 04-25-2002, 06:00 PM   #5
Pdaimaoh

do you like getting laid?

this game is awesome when you have plenty of alcohol and a higher ratio of girls to guys

while many guys feel 'fruity' playing it, nothing beats getting girls all worked up and excited, plus wether you do good or bad, the background is always funny or strange, so you keep em laughing the whole time

it's also a decent 'family' game of sorts

I'm glad sega made this game, not just for those indirect benefits I gained, but because the minute you rest on your laurels, you are screwed into being a tired, beaten dog like square and their final fantasy series
Old 04-26-2002, 07:40 PM   #6
Dubkiller

The game is fun, and it's a great party game. You have to play it to understand. Anyway, it was a flop in North America, so I doubt we're going to see anything like it again. If Sega's smart, the will release any music/peripheral type games for the PS2 (in Japan), as it seems to be the platform of choice for these thins genre.