The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 05-14-2005, 06:37 PM   #16
Kwestone
Registered drug User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem
It just hit me that Revolution (internet ready right after the box) with free online play = Dreamcast 2. Interesting...
Your a quack

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...collection.jpg

Mario Kart DS Code

420986 687506
Kwestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:45 PM   #17
ovejon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper exe
Why post this, if the answer is already been posted?
Paper, your reading comprehension skills still needs some work. If you read what I said; self loading drives can't play mini dvd's. I was assuming that they will provide some adaptor to play those mini dvd's.
ovejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 02:11 PM   #18
Sony Fanboy
Gets paid by Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovejon
self loading drives can't play mini dvd's. I was assuming that they will provide some adaptor to play those mini dvd's.
i think they can - depends on the drive model.

Edit: the description from Nintendo isn't very clear - by self loading, it could just mean slot loading. In which case, yes, slot loading drives does accept 8cm discs depending on the drive. I have a Sony DVD slot loading player that accepts them.

Last edited by Sony Fanboy; 05-15-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Sony Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 02:24 PM   #19
ovejon

If it's slot loading drives a la ps2 and xbox then yeah, you can use 8cm disc. But self loading drives found in minimacs and in car cd player can't play 8cm disc. My friend has a pionner self loading dvd drive and in the manual it said that it cannot play 8cm disc unless you have the adaptor.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:02 PM   #20
Sony Fanboy
Gets paid by Sony

Quote:
If it's slot loading drives a la ps2 and xbox then yeah, you can use 8cm disc. But self loading drives found in minimacs and in car cd player can't play 8cm disc. My friend has a pionner self loading dvd drive and in the manual it said that it cannot play 8cm disc unless you have the adaptor.
PS2 and Xbox style drives are commonly referred to as tray loading.
The MiniMac and car players are slot loading.

I'm assuming that Nintendo is referring to slot loading when it says self-loading.

Anyway, slot loading drives which support 8cm discs have an additional capture arm in the centre of the insert to latch onto the smaller discs.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:11 PM   #21
ovejon

well that answers my doubts I have about slot loading drives. I honestly thought that all slot loading drives does not play 8cm cd's.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:48 PM   #22
Sony Fanboy
Gets paid by Sony

Quote:
well that answers my doubts I have about slot loading drives. I honestly thought that all slot loading drives does not play 8cm cd's.
They're not that common in the west since barely anyone has 8cm CDs. But in Asia where music CD singles used to be on 8cm CDs, slot loading drives were made to support them.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:54 PM   #23
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
Paper, your reading comprehension skills still needs some work. If you read what I said; self loading drives can't play mini dvd's. I was assuming that they will provide some adaptor to play those mini dvd's.
Yes I understand what you said..
Nintendo said that it is backward compatible, they also said that revolution can play both by a self-loading media drive, which means that it is build in, you are just confused because you don't think that this can be happen.
Seriously do you have to know how to make a car to ride it?
What happened, happened there is no need to know how they did it only if you are one of the secret agents that FinalSolace2 was talking about!
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 06:00 PM   #24
C4RL
was here

I wonder how the controller will look...

C4RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 01:00 AM   #25
Well Man
Y'all are brutalizing me

I honestly don't know how I feel about it being as small as I think the article describes. I mean the height of three standard DVD containers and just slightly longer?

It seems almost too small if you ask me. Glad it isn't as large as an Xbox but I was hoping maybe a something that I can't lose under an empty shoe box.

Edit: I just realized, if that is the true size of the console, the controllers must be sticks of something. Now I am officially back to worrying about what Nintendo has in store for their controller, I mean has there ever been a system where the controller was as large as the system itself?

Last edited by Well Man; 05-16-2005 at 01:03 AM.
Well Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 01:04 AM   #26
C4RL
was here

Sounds like a PStwo with NINTENDO on it..

C4RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 01:26 AM   #27
Magnus
The world's stopping but we keep going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Man
Edit: I just realized, if that is the true size of the console, the controllers must be sticks of something. Now I am officially back to worrying about what Nintendo has in store for their controller, I mean has there ever been a system where the controller was as large as the system itself?

I wouldn't worry about it. If the Revolution's controller is as small as the Gamecube's then it will be smaller than the console.
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote