The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 05-14-2005, 07:21 AM   #1
Paper exe
Pwnd

This one from Nintendo

Quote:
Nintendo, the world leader in video game innovation, stated loud and clear that they are not to be overlooked in the next generation home console race with the revelation of several unique features of the company's next console system, code name Revolution, to key media outlets. According to the early information, Revolution will combine powerful technology and gaming-focused features in Nintendo's smallest home game console yet.

In its final form, Revolution will be about the thickness of three standard DVD cases and only slightly longer. The versatile Revolution will play either horizontally or vertically, allowing the user total flexibility in setting up a gaming session wherever they have a television.

Thanks to Nintendo's hardware development partners IBM and ATI, the small system will be packed with power that will enable it to wow players with its graphics. Nintendo's legions of loyal fans will be happy to learn that Revolution will be backward compatible, playing both Nintendo GameCube 8cm disks along with its own 12cm optical disks in the same self-loading media drive.

In the next generation, the addition of the Internet will be important to all consoles and particularly important to Nintendo. Revolution will be wireless Internet ready out of the box.

There's much more to Revolution that will be revealed over the coming months, but the combination of its compact size, wireless Internet, backward compatibility, quick start-up time and quiet, low-power operation add up to the start of a great game system. Get ready for the Nintendo Revolution in 2006!
www.Nintendo.com

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enough said.
Paper exe is online now   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 07:30 AM   #2
SuperAngelo64
Hourglass

Guess that's a comfirmation on the earlier stated tidbit from IGN. But it also kind've proves that video posted earlier to be fake. I'm really lookin' forward to the Revolution, looks like Nintendo might have a chance at no.1 again... only took 'em what? 10 years?
SuperAngelo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 07:42 AM   #3
Nindalf

I posted this link yesterday in this thread, but I reckon it deserves its own thread. Sounds cool, and I'm kind of happy that Nintendo might use DVD compatibility this time, but I will still be using my real DVD player, unless Nintendo's is better. Doubt it, though.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 08:26 AM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

It just hit me that Revolution (internet ready right after the box) with free online play = Dreamcast 2. Interesting...
Old 05-14-2005, 09:59 AM   #5
welshfreak
: )

I'm pleased at the news that it will be very small- my bedroom floor is dominated by fat ugly consoles like PS1 and N64 and xbox!
welshfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:26 AM   #6
Hallucinus

hmmm...other than the controller, i think the n64 is a very nice looking system. too bad it has about 5 games i like
Old 05-14-2005, 10:51 AM   #7
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

WoW naybe ill get revoluton instead of GC for the new Zelda
Old 05-14-2005, 11:12 AM   #8
manji72

Meh nothing really great but its nice to hear something out of Nintendo. It can be the most innovative system ever but if all you can show me is Mairo no thank you. Honestly everything so far but the analog has been pretty much a gimmick to me, ooo I can type easier or play with toilet paper yay give me a break if all you can do is make little things easier no thank you.
manji72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 11:57 AM   #9
Decado

Their console will support both GCN and DVD sized discs...but what size disc are their Revolution games going to use?
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:30 PM   #10
ovejon

I assume they're going to use regular size dvd's for revolution games. I cant see how the revolution is gong to be backwards compatible if the drive is going to be self loading. These type of drives does not play mini dvd's. I'm guessing they'll be selling or providing an adaptor for GC games.
ovejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:33 PM   #11
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

i really want a revolution. nintendo has got my attention with all the promises they have made so far, so i hope they deliver. after i get my PS3 ill buy a revolution.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 03:30 PM   #12
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovejon
I assume they're going to use regular size dvd's for revolution games. I cant see how the revolution is gong to be backwards compatible if the drive is going to be self loading. These type of drives does not play mini dvd's. I'm guessing they'll be selling or providing an adaptor for GC games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo
be backward compatible, playing both Nintendo GameCube 8cm disks along with its own 12cm optical disks in the same self-loading media drive.
Why post this, if the answer is already been posted?
Paper exe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 03:54 PM   #13
Sony Fanboy
Gets paid by Sony

Quote:
quiet, low-power operation
Hopefully, all next gen systems will use FDB motors. Current ones tend to spoil a well tuned 5.1 setup.
Sony Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:34 PM   #14
Joe Redifer
Olé!

My well tuned 5.1 setup is much too loud for any game system fan noise to interfere. Of course I have the systems hidden inside of shelves, so that helps a little.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:43 PM   #15
Reality
Sin and Punishment

The first Gamecubes were very quite. The only thing I hear more then the fan was the disk being read. Later though, Nintendo obviously found some extra ways to save money and cut the quality of the GCN's fan. They are now more noticeable noisy when close to. When I first got the platinum GCN, I actually thought something was wrong with it because of the noise.