The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 05-03-2005, 04:32 PM   #1
Nem
Smash bro!

Sonic PSP and Sonic collection 2 next year

Quote:
A listing over at gamestop.com reveals that a Sonic game is in the works for Sony's PSP. The genre is listed as "Action, Adventure, Racing." It has a November release date and a $39.99 price tag.

Right now, there's absolutely no information on what this is / could be, but regardless, it should make PSP-owning Sonic fans happy to hear. When we find out, we'll be sure to let you know.

In other Sonic news, word has it that the latest issue of Play magazine reveals that a Sonic Collection 2 is in the works for Nintendo's GameCube. Sonic CD and Sonic The Fighters are just two of the many games to be included in the collection. We can't confirm this, as we haven't seen the magazine, so if you have the latest Play, go ahead and let us know by posting a comment below.
source www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4803

Is Sonic PSP the same has Sonic DS or will they be different games?
And the auction starts for the games that will compose Sonic collection 2 Sonic CD and the fighters are good ways to start it^^ i sugest Knuckles Chaotix has well

Old 05-03-2005, 04:57 PM   #2
camac
I feel so good.

Wow, I am ashamed that I have never heard of Sonic the Fighters before.. seems rather odd, yet at the same time strangly intresting.
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:02 PM   #3
justin_credible

Bleh, why couldn't they have just done it right the first time and included Sonic CD?
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:33 PM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_credible
Bleh, why couldn't they have just done it right the first time and included Sonic CD?
So they can can makes us go out and buy another one? Besides, this is a chance to get other classic Sonic games aside Sonic CD for current consoles.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:10 PM   #5
Paper exe
Pwnd

Nem you were right they actually believed me.

In other news I made up a rumor. :bigsmile:
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #6
Sony Fanboy
Gets paid by Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_credible

Licensing issues since it's owned by a different company.
Sony Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:53 PM   #7
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper exe

Nem you were right they actually believed me.

In other news I made up a rumor. :bigsmile:
I think that there might be some source behind it though . It was meant to happen eventually... especially if its a port of the DS game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Fanboy
Licensing issues since it's owned by a different company.
?? SEGA owns the Sonic brand that i know of. Why would there be licensing issues with Sonic CD? They even included the anime intro and ending in the first collection. If it was a licensing issue i dont think they could've added it up. Its the first time im hearing something of that sort. I thought the reason for the game not to be included was just a development issue that they didnt have the time to solve. Then again who knows? Do you have a source for that?
Old 05-03-2005, 07:47 PM   #8
Sony Fanboy
Gets paid by Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem
?? SEGA owns the Sonic brand that i know of. Why would there be licensing issues with Sonic CD? They even included the anime intro and ending in the first collection. If it was a licensing issue i dont think they could've added it up. Its the first time im hearing something of that sort. I thought the reason for the game not to be included was just a development issue that they didnt have the time to solve. Then again who knows? Do you have a source for that?

Sonic CD was directed by Naoto Ohshima, not Yuji Naka. Also, in a interview with Gamespot, Naka said there wasn't disc space to put Sonic CD. Opening and endings are generally done by outside studios, so the rights can be negotiated by other means.

Knuckles chaotix is also missing from the collection for similar reasons.
Sony Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 07:57 PM   #9
sharky~
Out Run Master!

wow, These both sound interesting
An Action Adventure Racer.. Sounds like Sonic Adventure 1 style,
Which is of corse a good thing!!

and the new Sonic Mega Collection sounds great I really want too play
Sonic the Fighter, for anybody who doesnt know its a Sonic Fighting game
based on the Virtua Fighter 2 engine as I remember.
Sonic CD is a must have
Knuckles Chaotixs is another good one.

My guess is

Sonic Mega Collection 2:
Sonic CD,
Sonic the Fighter,
Sonic R,
Knuckles Chaotixs,
Sonic 3D Blast,
Sonic Jam
They should Also chuck in Sonic Advance 1,2 and 3 for some normal 2D sonic's
(Sonic Advance 3 was very good indeed)
Old 05-03-2005, 09:58 PM   #10
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

damn no knuckles chaotix.

i guess Sonic CD will have to be the consolation for now-

i remember owning my Megadrive as a kid and looking at sonic CD and rooling- that has got to be the only game i've always been heavy for that i never got to play- that and knuckles chaotix (i only knew of its existance in an argos warehouse magazine- nobody believed me not even the shops that it existed.

must have been a preety risqe japanese conversion.

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:03 PM   #11
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Sega owns all Sonic properties. The game's director works for Sega. If the director leaves Sega, his works stay the property of Sega. The ONLY part of any Sonic game that is not owned by Sega is the music of the first game, which was done by the lead composer of some popular J-pop band at the time. But as you can see, this is not much of an issue as Sega is able to include Sonic 1 intact quite often.

Knuckles' Chaotix would be a BITCH to emulate since you'd have to emulate a Genesis and a 32X just to get it to run. The 32X only handled the sprites, and the Genesis did the backgrounds and most of the music.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 12:13 AM   #12
Nem
Smash bro!

Im pretty sure were also gonna be fed some Game Gear titles in collection 2.

Joe, if you can get an emulator fan made for free in the internet, then im sure its pretty reachable to SEGA programmers. They can gain balance and include some other 32X games on the collection. I recall a game named Tempo that never got released here. There was even silly talk at the time saying it would be SEGA's new mascot.

But, WAIT! If they're emulating saturn for Sonic the fighters, may i dare hope for Nights?!
Old 05-04-2005, 01:30 AM   #13
Cobi*
renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem
But, WAIT! If they're emulating saturn for Sonic the fighters, may i dare hope for Nights?!
Why? Don't you already own the original Nights?
Cobi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:15 AM   #14
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I thought Sonic the Fighters was arcade.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 06:43 AM   #15
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipz _//*
Why? Don't you already own the original Nights?
Yes. But you cant deny the value of the game It saves me the work to set up the saturn everytime i want to play the game. Besides since it would be an extra in a Sonic collection it would be sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
I thought Sonic the Fighters was arcade.
Yes. But it was released on the Saturn has well. Sadly enough it was only released in japan.