The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 04-23-2005, 11:24 PM   #1
Magnus
The world's stopping but we keep going

Rainbow Islands for NDS

Quote:
Word has reached our ears that Rainbow Islands is making a return on the Nintendo DS.

Rainbow Islands by Taito... Many older gamers will recognize this game as one of the more popular games from the late eighties. Later, our rainbow-throwing Bub returned on the GameBoy Color to enlighten even more gamers.

Now word has reached our ears that the game is making a return. Rising Star Games, the company that had already announced publishing deals on Space Invaders Revolution, Bubble Bobble Revolution and the Harvest Moon series for Europe, acknowledged that they're working on bringing Rainbow Islands Revolution for the Nintendo DS to Europe.

Unfortunately, no details have been released on the title yet, but we'll keep you informed.
Source

Hell yes! I loved playing this on my NES.
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:37 PM   #2
Rubeus

Yay that's one of my favorite arcade classics besides Bubble Bobble and Parasol Stars, so Bubble Bobble is also coming to DS, nice!
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 01:34 AM   #3
BenX4

Not bad, not bad...

Still...Taito won't make me completely happy until either 1 of 2 things has transpired, if not both...

1) The Bubble Bobble series actually gets a bonafide new game released for it, or
2) Bubble Symphony is perhaps "remade" a bit and brought to the current home consoles.

Ports and remakes are good, but seeing more of what I loved made into new is what I would love to see more of, and the Bubble Bobble series is no exception to this "clause" either!
BenX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 03:00 AM   #4
Rubeus

It just makes me wonder, why Taito only made sequels to Bubble Bobble, but no sequels to either Rainbow islands or Parasol Stars, both games are equally enjoyable as Bubble Bobbles, although Bubble Bobble is more famous than the other two.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:20 AM   #5
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Great news the DS is great some good Taito love.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:11 AM   #6
welshfreak
: )

Please excuse me for my ingnorance, but what is rainbow islands? I never played it, I was a little kid in the days of NES...
welshfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 07:06 AM   #7
Alucard

OMG! If I dont have an NDS before this comes out, I'll have one for sure the instant I see it on the shelf. Aaaah my childhood...back when games were actually carefree of this BS must-have-guns-and-swearing-violence-or-its-kiddy-****.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:01 AM   #8
camac
I feel so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshfreak
Please excuse me for my ingnorance, but what is rainbow islands? I never played it, I was a little kid in the days of NES...
I'm so smart! I can use a search engine!

I vaguely remeber this game. I also remeber sucking at it. ... but I was just a wee little boy. Excited? Not really but it'll be intresting to see what they do with it.
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:50 AM   #9
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands, Space Invaders all we need now is The Newzealand Story.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote