The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 03-26-2005, 06:48 AM   #1
Reivenlocke
Leeeeroy Jenkinzzzzz!

Windows XP/TFT monitor gamma problem.

I just bought a beautiful 19" TFT monitor off of auction for about $170, but when XP comes up, the gamma is just too bright. I used the Adobe Gamma adjuster and I got it looking great. However, when I exit out of a game or come out of the screensaver, it goes back to the ultrabright gamma and I have to reload my gamma profile. Anyone else ever have a problem with this? If so, how did you fix it?

.....and the first smarta$$ to say, "I switched to Linux", gets slapped.

"In the 80s, I was in bed by 8......and home by 11! OH!" - Glen Quagmire, Family Guy

"Good guy wins, bad guy loses. BIG FRIGGIN SURPRISE THERE!" - White Goodman, Dodgeball
Reivenlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 08:01 AM   #2
Alucard

Its a fairly common problem. I forget exactly but something to do with adobe, your own custom colour settingin windows, and also XP. Sorry I cant give enough info, been a while since I looked it up. I got my system behaving normally, so you can easily get it corrected. But the info took my a few minutes to find through google. ...uh, I mean...I switched to linux!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 12:33 AM   #3
Reivenlocke
Leeeeroy Jenkinzzzzz!

I found out what it was. The settings in the ATI Control Center were overriding the Adobe settings every time the display changed. Fixed and fixed.

"In the 80s, I was in bed by 8......and home by 11! OH!" - Glen Quagmire, Family Guy

"Good guy wins, bad guy loses. BIG FRIGGIN SURPRISE THERE!" - White Goodman, Dodgeball
Reivenlocke is offline   Reply With Quote