The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 02-08-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
Alistein

Advent Rising Soundtrack

Advent Rising Soundtrack
Orchestral score to feature operatic choir and sweeping symphonics.

February 07, 2005 - The soundtrack for the upcoming Majesco video game Advent Rising will be a sweeping symphonic score augmented by operatically inclined choral arrangements.
The completely original music for the game was recorded at Paramount Pictures, Hollywood, CA.

To capture the epic nature of the game via music Majesco contracted a 70-piece Hollywood union orchestra, which was led by Emmy Award-winning conductor Mark Watters. The score was then mixed and recorded by Armin Steiner, the Grammy Award-winning mixing engineer best known for his work on such blockbusters movies as Finding Nemo, Seabiscuit, and The Matrix trilogy.

"Our approach with Advent Rising was to create a game play experience similar to that of an epic film," said Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing for Majesco. "Creating a powerful soundtrack was a key component to evoking a higher level of player emotion and allowing the player to feel completely immersed in the Advent universe while playing the game."

Composition and sound design on the Advent Rising soundtrack was created by award-winning composer and video game sound designer Tommy Tallarico, who enlisted the talents of a world famous operatic choir and their complimenting children's choir to add an extra layer of depth to the score. Additionally, RCA recording artist Charlotte Martin co-wrote and performed lead vocals and piano for the song "Greater Lights," which is featured on the soundtrack.

You can check out some of the orchestral score to the game in this Advent Rising trailer.

The soundtrack is also planned for retail release to coincide with the game's release.

Old 02-08-2005, 02:40 PM   #2
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Sounds good to me. I hope the first game doesn't flop because I am allready looking forward to the entire trilogy.
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote