The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 01-04-2005, 02:44 AM   #1
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks

Clarify MGS:3 *spoilers*spoilers*

at the end where Ocelot is talking on the phone, he's talking to the director...who is the director? And how can Ocelot be working for the CIA, this doesnt fit into MGS1 story......maybe i just forgot the story of MGS1, if it helps i never beat MGS2 so i dont know the ending story....also i just want to add this because she doesn't want me to, but my girlfriend cried during the ending of MGS3, she said it is extremly sad, keep in mind she never played but knows the entire story because she watched me basically play all of it.

Last edited by Meshugana; 01-04-2005 at 02:59 AM.
Meshugana is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 06:27 AM   #2
Zod
All hail the hypno-toad!!

I am not entirely sure, but think it is the director of the CIA
Old 01-04-2005, 11:35 AM   #3
Rain
As seen on T.V.

I only cried because of what Boss and EVA were saying. It was all so deep and touching. I mean all the attachment Boss had for Snake and doing everything for her country, not once turning her back on them, and living all that time knowing you were gonna die by the one thing you cared for the most. I mean when Boss was talking about being a mother and haven her baby taken from her was just upseting. And hearing her talk about Snake, you can tell that she raised him like she would have her son.
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 02:34 PM   #4
gearhound
Versus the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshugana
at the end where Ocelot is talking on the phone, he's talking to the director...who is the director? And how can Ocelot be working for the CIA, this doesnt fit into MGS1 story......maybe i just forgot the story of MGS1, if it helps i never beat MGS2 so i dont know the ending story....also i just want to add this because she doesn't want me to, but my girlfriend cried during the ending of MGS3, she said it is extremly sad, keep in mind she never played but knows the entire story because she watched me basically play all of it.
actually, the story is how big boss comes into play. the story takes place before metal gear on the 8-bit. i do not know who the CIA director is, but i will say that metal gear solid 3 was a fantastic, magical experience that i will never forget.

konami needs to remake metal gear and metal gear 2: solid snake. if this happens, i will have died and gone to heaven. metal gear solid 3 is the best game in the solid series.

Last edited by gearhound; 01-04-2005 at 02:42 PM.
gearhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 03:28 PM   #5
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

so what is the BIG secret of the game? Every metal gear has something so what is this one? Come on, those you who have played and beatin the game spill the beans! Do not worry about ruining anything for me, i do not plan on getting this game at all.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 04:12 PM   #6
gearhound
Versus the World

why not? do you like metal gear? if so, MGS3 is a godsend.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:20 PM   #7
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

P.S. - the baby that is taken away from Boss by the Patriots is Ocelot
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 04:23 PM   #8
superRSXs

MGS3 aside, Meshugana, ur girlfriend is a God-send.

one question i had is, MGS3 shows us how Big Boss got the bandana from The Boss, is that the same bandana Solid Snake wears? if it is, then that darn piece of fabric lasted over 40 years? lol

i thought nothing could top the copa mundial until the Mania came along...
superRSXs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 04:40 PM   #9
Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedFromSin
so what is the BIG secret of the game? Every metal gear has something so what is this one? Come on, those you who have played and beatin the game spill the beans! Do not worry about ruining anything for me, i do not plan on getting this game at all.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
one last chance to not look........

Ocelot's phone call at the end was probably the big secret, as well as the Boss really being on your side the whole time.

It doesn't explain how Snake becomes a bad guy though.

Don't plan to get this game at all? At least rent it because it's definitely worth it.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:50 PM   #10
gearhound
Versus the World

boss defects at the start of metal gear for the NES. which is one of the greatest video games in the world.

"i now award you the title of "Big Boss." fucking awesome!! i got chills during that part.

Last edited by gearhound; 01-04-2005 at 04:53 PM.
gearhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 05:43 PM   #11
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by superRSXs
MGS3 aside, Meshugana, ur girlfriend is a God-send.

one question i had is, MGS3 shows us how Big Boss got the bandana from The Boss, is that the same bandana Solid Snake wears? if it is, then that darn piece of fabric lasted over 40 years? lol
tell her herself, she is forum member "Rain"

also MGS3 is amazing, best in the series, but remember revolver ocelots phone call at the end of mgs1 and he was like "....Mr. President" and music was like DUUUN, all dramatic, like oh my god he was talking to the president, well it did the same thing when he said director, like him talking to the director was supposed to be a big shock, and if its a big shock i doubt it was the CIA director becuase ocelot had already said he worked for the CIA , so it wouldnt be a big surprise that he was talking to someone from the CIA..
Old 01-04-2005, 06:17 PM   #12
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

i am still unsure of this game, MGS2 left a bad taste in my mouth. Does MGS3 redeem the series or is it more of the same?

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 06:33 PM   #13
Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedFromSin
i am still unsure of this game, MGS2 left a bad taste in my mouth. Does MGS3 redeem the series or is it more of the same?

It definitely redeems it. No long-winded ending cut scenes, more challenging with no radar, Raiden is depicted as Volgin's gay lover b*tch, the boss battle with The End blows away any MGS2 boss battle, and the list goes on.............
Old 01-04-2005, 07:00 PM   #14
gearhound
Versus the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zod
It definitely redeems it. No long-winded ending cut scenes, more challenging with no radar, Raiden is depicted as Volgin's gay lover b*tch, the boss battle with The End blows away any MGS2 boss battle, and the list goes on.............

it most certainly does. buy this game right now, savedfromsin. it will blow you away
Old 01-04-2005, 09:04 PM   #15
Rain
As seen on T.V.

::blushes:: I'm a godsend? ~^.^~ That made my day.

Last edited by Rain; 01-04-2005 at 09:06 PM. Reason: spell check :)
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote