The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 12-08-2004, 05:42 PM   #1
Vert1
Banned

Pre-order RE4

Quote:
BREAKING: Resident Evil 4 demo discs are available at gaming retailers near you, but now you can take one home too.
Mysterious Resident Evil 4 demo-discs have been selling like hotcakes on eBay, but it was only until now that GameCube Advanced realized the truth to the story.

Thanks to reports and feedback from several game retailers within reasonable distance from our offices, GameCube Advanced has learned that numerous retailers are giving away free Resident Evil 4 demo-discs, the very same ones highlighted in most Nintendo GameCube kiosks. Currently, the promotion is widely available at your local EB Games and GameStop retail stores.

Via instructions from the Big N and Capcom, these demo-discs will be given away for those who pre-order Resident Evil 4 in-store. Reports have also been coming in stating that a GameCube system or accessory purchase will net customers the demo. Although copies are certainly limited, the promotion is certainly yet another reason for gamers to experience the upcoming title, which Capcom reiterates will bring the series into an entirely new level.

The disk includes a playable Resident Evil 4 demo, as gamers will guide Leon through one of the game's first areas. Also included is an expanded look at the history of the series - all done via six game trailers - and a new trailer of the upcoming game.

Resident Evil 4 releases on January 11th of next year.
GOTY 2005!
Vert1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 05:55 PM   #2
Decado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert1
GOTY 2005!
No real chance...unless massive improvements are made from the demo version.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 05:55 PM   #3
Vert1
Banned

Like what?

While I'm at it here are the kick ass Nintendo Canade commercials:

GC

Ok scans of the must have RE demo for GC:

]

Last edited by Vert1; 12-08-2004 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:01 PM   #4
littlepest429
How very Kafkaesque.

=D!

I need this! I always spend loads of time playing the RE4 demo at stores, and I feel bad whenever little kids come up behind me, now I don't have to worry anymore!
littlepest429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 07:45 PM   #5
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepest429
=D!

I need this! I always spend loads of time playing the RE4 demo at stores, and I feel bad whenever little kids come up behind me, now I don't have to worry anymore!
Do not worry littlepest! Little kids should not be playing RE4 because it is rated mature. Just think, next time you are doing your civic duty by not allowing those kids to play that game .

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:20 PM   #6
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

I haven't had a chance to play the demo. Stupid EBgames always have their console off when I show up. I should probably preorder this game.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 09:16 PM   #7
DeathStroke
Lone Wolf

I should probably pre-order this game but I'm not sure I want to spoil myself with the demo. It just cheapens the final product a bit when you finally get your hands on it.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:12 PM   #8
Decado

Quote:
Like what?
Decent controls would be nice. They changed it from an awkward system to a system that isn't much less awkward (though it's better, IMO). You still can't move if your gun is drawn, only aim and shoot (inverted for some reason). It's still forward, backwards and rotate.

The graphics are nice (if not as good as I thought they'd be) but the environmental interacting is almost non-existant. If you shoot anything...there's no evidence of it. Not on cars, wood, ground...whatever. Even your enemies...there's only model/skin damage on the fatal blow. Otherwise it's a bit of blood.

In the little town if you go up on the tower to shoot things...you can't as it's a different "section". Primitive stuff.

It's tough to believe Capcom has spent so long working on this game. There's some nice scripting, features and the AI is oddly decent (though considering how slow everything moves it shouldn't have been difficult to do), but overall there isn't anything in there that screams high budget, long development time.

And will the full game be in Wide-screen?

The rest is pretty standard RE...though I don't remember getting $200+ off crow corpses
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 11:41 PM   #9
Vert1
Banned

If you had the ability to strafe the game would become broken. *Pictures Leon strafing around slow moving mobs while they struggle to attack him*. The controls are fine. I don't want to hear any whining about them. Minor problems can be complained about(perhaps with corners) but nothing so irritating as to downplay them. I think the controls are top notch for this kindof game. I don't see how they could get much better.

Going in the tower is something I tend to avoid. You could try taking out the people who are watching you(on the roof tops) that give away your position up there so that you don't get grenades thrown at you. The tower may come in handy for little things but you must understand that staying in one place especially an enclosed environment is foolish.

Capcom spent a long time on this game to produce the best RE game yet(note they did scrap earlier versions and finally Mikami decided enough is enough and got the game to how it looks now).

I can tell you don't like RE but what they've done with this game you have little legit bitching to be made.

and Widescreen mode is available I think. But there is a catch as it makes the screen zoom in or some nonsense.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:49 PM   #10
DeathStroke
Lone Wolf

I've heard that the demo U.S. gamers are getting is the E3 version. The updated TGS version was available in Japan only and fixes some of the clipping issues found in the E3 demo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decado
You still can't move if your gun is drawn, only aim and shoot (inverted for some reason). It's still forward, backwards and rotate.
They had to keep some staples of the old RE's otherwise they would run into the same criticism that PoP2 has had to face. Namely that it isn't a proper sequel to PoP1.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:54 PM   #11
Messanic
I'm D-E-D, Dead!

This game was supposed to fix all the problems that were in the many not so good RE games before it though. All I see is a graphical update, thats nice and all, but even Onimusha 3 managed to get some good controls without completly screwing up the gameplay.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:25 AM   #12
DeathStroke
Lone Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messanic
This game was supposed to fix all the problems that were in the many not so good RE games before it though. All I see is a graphical update, thats nice and all, but even Onimusha 3 managed to get some good controls without completly screwing up the gameplay.
It seems to have fixed the main complaint. The control scheme is similar but the camera makes it more bearable. Also, you don't have to cart around ink ribbons, the inventory is more beefed up and the enemies are definately smarter then before. It seems to have convinced many sites out there at least. IGN has a hands on from an updated demo that is supposed to last three hours and they were gushing over the gameplay. These were the same people that complained about RE0 too so I would say Capcom has succeeded in updating the series.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:04 AM   #13
Nephlabobo
Banned

Quote:
Capcom spent a long time on this game to produce the best RE game yet(note they did scrap earlier versions and finally Mikami decided enough is enough and got the game to how it looks now).

I can tell you don't like RE but what they've done with this game you have little legit bitching to be made.
Yet you do exactly the same thing, time after time about PS2 games.

I bet every screen shot so far on RE4 is rendered.

You heard me! NOTHING on RE4 is real time!
Nephlabobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 02:44 AM   #14
Seiaku

I don't know if there was a new demo or what, but I've played the demo that was available back on October, and all I can say is I am definitely getting this game... and Star Fox Assault (because Star Fox is cooler than gay Mario and fiends).
Seiaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:16 AM   #15
DeathStroke
Lone Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephlabobo
Yet you do exactly the same thing, time after time about PS2 games.

I bet every screen shot so far on RE4 is rendered.

You heard me! NOTHING on RE4 is real time!
Nah, you can tell GT4 shots are rendered because they are far too perfect and jaggy free. Hell, those type of graphics that you see in GT4 renders aren't even possible on X-box.