The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-28-2002, 03:26 PM   #1
Rubeus

The King of Fighters 2002 has the worst character illustration?

Have you guys been following The King of Fighters series? It seems to me after Eolith took over the development tasks, the character illustrations are getting worse and worse. It was alright in KOF2001, but the new illustrations in KOF2002 just don't fit the game, most of the characters look so "ugly", especially those designs found in Shermie, Mai and Vice. I wish they find a better artist....

Last edited by Rubeus; 08-28-2002 at 07:18 PM.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 03:32 PM   #2
Alucard

The artist for 2002 is the same one who did 2001. I personally am no big fan of his. Nona is the one who does the art. The previous games were so much nicer. 98. 95. Very nice.

And STFU Eolith. How dare you make a 'Dream match' and leave out King and Geese. Hope you all get hemoroids.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 03:37 PM   #3
Cobi*
renegade

snk's (what's left of it) best days are behind it. i've pretty much abandoned them and moved on to the guilty gear series. it's my new 2d fighter fix seeing as arc is the only one still making them.
Cobi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 01:37 PM   #4
Rubeus

Who's this Nona guy? Is he Japanese or Korean?

They could've use the artist who created the Rage of the Dragon illustrations, those were nice, although not as good as the old KOF artist.

Have you seen or played Rage of the Dragon, Metal Slug 4 or KOF2001 at all? I've never seen these games in arcade. They don't even bother to bring the SNK games to US anymore??
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 03:08 PM   #5
Alucard

I've played Metal slug 4 and also KOF2001. 2k1 is pretty good. SO much better then that sad excuse for a game 2000. But the art in 2K1 is horrid. 2002 is alot better. He's improved with a different style. But once again, nothing compared to the artists for like Mark of the Wolves.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 10:57 AM   #6
WINDJAMMERS

The guy who drew Iori needs to take some art classes....
Old 09-01-2002, 10:49 PM   #7
Kamui
Silent god

Of course, the character designs of 2001 were bad and, some might say, irresponsible too... all character looks goofy...not KOF style... The 2002 designs are made by the buriki one dude... the art looks like the Capcom part of the Cap VS SNK... we must wait and see.... and the design of Rage of the Dragons looks like the person of Last Blade

BTW, KOF 2001 is way better than 99-2000.... but there is some problems with Eolith, most of it is the inability to max out the power of the Neo board like the original SNK team....just see KOF 98, Last Blade 2 and the ultra-cool Garou:Mark of the wolf to see the difference.

Once a NEO fan, always a NEO fan. And Shingo, you will be missed.