The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 11-24-2004, 11:12 PM   #1
Mr.Fantastic
Banned

Shocked My PC is a hard-core-game-pumping-man-hunk machine. What do you run?

i have a top of the line pc. 3.2gig processor, 160 gig HDD, 1 gig memory, latest and greatest arse-fondling radeon, a 16x burner and a 1.5 gig connection to the internet (and before you ask, i would never download free games/movies from edonkey that's just plain rude)

what sad systems are you running to play games?

ps - half life 2 run fantastically on my pc :kill:

daviv hasselhoff is my friend in real life. :yikes:
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 12:55 AM   #2
Vegetto
Alive

thats cool, but whos daviv hasselhoff?

my cpu....

windows ME, 9 GIG HD, Usb ports are screwed up(it detects when I plug stuff in but then says its not plugged in), Jpeg files dont show up in thumbnails anymore(and basically ALL of my pics are Jpegs), 56K modem(I NEEEED broadband), and errors abound...

weeee!!!
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 01:00 AM   #3
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

My dad wants to buy me a new computer since my laptop is on the fritz. I've turned him down 3 times now, but I think the next time we talk about it seriously, I'll take him up on his offer.
~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 01:12 AM   #4
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

My pops is buying me a Apple Powerbook when I graduate college (only 2 more weeks!). They are pretty cool and should be pretty usefull when I start my undergrad studies in January.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 01:17 AM   #5
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Mr. Fantastic = TurboLung
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 01:19 AM   #6
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedFromSin
My pops is buying me a Apple Powerbook when I graduate college (only 2 more weeks!). They are pretty cool and should be pretty usefull when I start my undergrad studies in January.
Hey that's pretty sweet. If your pop wants to buy me a iMac G5 I'll let him. Anyway who! There are several of us guys on the boards here that actually use/have Macs. So maybe if you ever have any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited by Reality; 11-25-2004 at 01:53 AM.
Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 01:41 AM   #7
Reivenlocke
Leeeeroy Jenkinzzzzz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
Mr. Fantastic = TurboLung
He switched ISPs just to come back here? Awwww....

"In the 80s, I was in bed by 8......and home by 11! OH!" - Glen Quagmire, Family Guy

"Good guy wins, bad guy loses. BIG FRIGGIN SURPRISE THERE!" - White Goodman, Dodgeball
Reivenlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 01:52 AM   #8
ChaosX721
1337 G/-\[]V[]3R

Looks like your computer sucks if your running that crap in it

(>^_^)>
ChaosX721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 01:52 AM   #9
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality
Hey that's pretty sweet. If you pop wants to buy me a iMac G5 I'll let him. Anyway who! There are several of us guys on the boards here that actually use/have Macs. So maybe if you ever have any questions, feel free to ask.
I will make sure to do that, thanks reality!

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 01:57 AM   #10
Reality
Sin and Punishment

No prob dude, always happy to help. I think once you get the feel for it you'll find using Macs to be a enjoyable experience. I personally couldn't live 3 hrs with Expose', a very sweet Mac feature you'll come to love as well I think.
Old 11-25-2004, 02:27 AM   #11
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Expose makes me horny......wait did I say that outloud? Sweet sweet screen switching...

Steam ID: drunkensavior
TwitchTV: Mr. Orthoclase
Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, The Division, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Drunken Savior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 02:28 AM   #12
Reivenlocke
Leeeeroy Jenkinzzzzz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosX721
Looks like your computer sucks if your running that crap in it
What are you on about?!

"In the 80s, I was in bed by 8......and home by 11! OH!" - Glen Quagmire, Family Guy

"Good guy wins, bad guy loses. BIG FRIGGIN SURPRISE THERE!" - White Goodman, Dodgeball
Reivenlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 02:30 AM   #13
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box

450 Mhz K6-2 processor, 256 megs of SDRAM, Voodoo3 3000, 9 radical gigs of hard drive space.

ps - Half Life 1 runs at around 30 FPS, until a lot of stuff happens and it drops to 15 or 20 :kill:
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 03:03 AM   #14
Joe Redifer
Olé!

What the hell is Expos?? I have a Mac and I don't even know what that is. Sounds "teh ghey".
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 03:26 AM   #15
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Well what are you running? Jaguar or Panther? If Panther then press your F9, F10, and F11 keys. If your not running Panther then go here. It might not seem like that big of a deal just playing with a QT Demo but after you use if for a few days you start to wonder what you ever did to work without it.

I'll give a example on how I used it just today. I had 3 MSN Chat windows opened, a few folders and of course a web page to read the forum. Now before I ever had Expose I had to simply neatly place my MSN windows in a nice order so I can view how ever many I had going at once (maybe 3 at the same time). It was somewhat a pain to just minimize them all because they were active conversations and to leave them open meant I had to change the size of the window so each on can get viewed or got to with out much hassle. Receiving and sending replies every 1-2 mins, I always had to minimize instead my web page so I can see the windows I had placed behind it anytime...It's a pain.

Well, not anymore! With Expose I leave whatever window I'm using open and anytime I need to get to it I press F9, which shows me everything single thing I have active. Then I simply click what I want upfront. If I, say, hear the MSN shim telling me I got a reply I press F9 to see the windows and then click the one with the reply. If at the same time I hear another reply made in a 2nd conversation then I press F10 and that shows all my MSN windows because that's what I have highlighted or selected. In that 2nd conversation a friend asked if he could have a photo. Now, normally we would have to minimize EVERYTHING so we can see the desktop and go to what folder we need real fast....well, that's just it, it's not fast at all doing it that way. So I simply press F11 and everything active Window is pushed off screen, reviling my desktop and letting me go to whatever I need. Honestly I think for maybe Joe, Expose would be wondrous for his Photoshop work. As he could have a countless amount of windows open and get to whatever one he needs in a instant. It's just a super handy feature. I die without it! DIE I SAY!!

Last edited by Reality; 11-25-2004 at 03:45 AM.
Reality is offline   Reply With Quote