The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 11-22-2004, 10:16 AM   #1
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Exclamation Halo 2 Legendary Ending. February 9? (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.utopiangamer.com/features/halo3release/index.php?

Halo 3 In 2005?!

Yes, with the release of Halo 2 comes the possible Halo 3 release date and how fast it's coming will suprise even you. *WARNING - SPOILERS INSIDE*

*PLEASE NOTE THAT SPOILERS ARE CONTAINED INSIDE THIS ARTICLE FROM HALO 2 (most notably the legendary ending)*

After beating Halo 2 on legendary, at first you may seem disappointed. There's no different ending, no extras to be seen, and no true unlockables (the level you unlock can also be unlocked on Heroic). Yet, if you pay close enough attention to the credits, you may find what will be an important easter egg that'll blow you're mind... On the bottom of the credits, at the very end, you'll find an interesting tid-bit of information... "Coming February 9th". Now, what could this mean?

This may mean a 2005 release date, but with just 3 months left this seems doubtful (but definitely in the realms of possibility). This is more likely a release date for 2006.

Other possibilities include that February 9th could be the official announcement of Bungie's next project or the first wave of downloadable content for Halo 2. Also, Bungie has expressed that Halo 3 may not be its next project but was in the realms of possibility.

Will Halo 3 come out in a mere 3 months, or possibly another year? What does the date mean, is Halo 3 finally here? One thing is for sure, the only way you'll know is on February 9th, when something special from Bungie is sure to come.

*Added Nov. 17th 2004*

We are currently getting photographs (or possibly a video) of the date on the credits. Also, another interesting bit of information found on some forums.

"If you check ilovebees.com, you'll notice that the new countdown matches up with Feb 9th, 2553"

Not proof, but interesting, nonetheless

Also, more speculation on the date is a theory that it may be something important to the plot, not an actual release date of any kind.

Utopian Gamers does not know what "February 9th" means, but are only offering opinions on the possibilities. We are speculating on the date and realize it is most likely NOT a release date for Halo 3, but something else.
Interesting. Maybe a huge update with multiple new maps or levels?

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V

Last edited by Drunken Savior; 11-22-2004 at 10:18 AM. Reason: fixing tags
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 10:30 AM   #2
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

Sounds like it. As I said before, Bungee had said that they were going to do incremental installments for Halo 2 with campaign and multiplayer. The only problem is they said it so long ago (WELL before the Bees, hell, way before 2k3 E3), everyone forgot or assumed it hit the cutting room floor. This is good, and bad, but interesting none the less.

But it sounds like non live users are going to be ass out.
~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 01:06 PM   #3
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I beat it on legendary and didn't see anything about Feb 9'th. This from HBO

Quote:
For the record: word from Bungie is that the 'Coming February 9th' rumor is exactly that - a rumor. A baseless, false, totally untrue rumor. I won't pass along the exact wording... but it was pretty clear in its meaning. Someone's pulling your leg. And by 'your', I mean the internet - even Slashdot was promoting this puppy. (Louis Wu 02:03:30 UTC)

and found this on the bungie.net site.

Quote:
Hella peeps asked: What is the February 9th date shown in the Legendary credits?

It is what we in the trade like to call nonsense. The credits on legendary are identical to the credits on easy. Go watch them yourself. This is what happens when internet trolls get picked up by legitimate websites. On February 9th, nothing terribly exciting will happen to the Halo universe.
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."

Last edited by BlindMaphisto; 11-22-2004 at 01:24 PM.
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 01:43 PM   #4
discomfort wings

It would be kinda cool if you beat the game on legendary after Feburary 9, the game unlocks hidden content within the disc or something mind blowing that changes the gameplay to add more replay value.
discomfort wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:43 PM   #5
Vegetto
Alive

your telling me...that if you beat it on legendary you get nothing SPECIAL!?!?

to hell with that
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:39 AM   #6
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

Meh, then legendary isn't worth playing. I tried the first level and it's so moronically difficult, it's no longer fun, it's just tedious.

~So Should You~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Old 11-23-2004, 12:41 AM   #7
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

It's just there for the people who want to have that added challenge boost. Sort of like how you can optionally collect 100% of everything in Yoshi's Island--it's not gonna reward you with anything except personal accomplishment.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:19 AM   #8
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Basically, I got sniped too much playing Halo 2 on Legendary. It kinda sucks, Bungie should have given you two hits, especially if you go back to the checkpoint when either you or your buddy dies. But I have a blast getting all tactical with my friends, so I can't wait for him to visit.

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:20 AM   #9
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

The thing is if you get sniped in the head then it's an automatic kill.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:53 PM   #10
Vegetto
Alive

hey I got 100 percent on Yoshis island....I swear there was SOMTHING it opened up.... oh yeah the extra hard ass levels in each world, that was a damn fun game haha..

if I had a freind that was half as good as me (hell if I had freinds period) at Halo2 then im sure Legendary would be a blast....I beat the first on legendary by myself but as said above, its rediculously difficult on Halo 2,
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 12:48 AM   #11
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

No, I'm talking about getting a perfect 100% on every level, including the extra ones. It does nothing.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:17 PM   #12
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
yea halo 2 on legendary is just nuts, me and my bro beat halo 1 legendary a week off halo 2 launch and man we could barely beat the first level. i beat metro on legendary myself barely those pricks would kill in one shot died i guess around 30 times and attacking the scarb on legendary oh man! :kill:
Nano Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 04:00 AM   #13
hisdudenessbobo

i signed up to post this...
straight from bungie forums...
Hella peeps asked: What is the February 9th date shown in the Legendary credits?

It is what we in the trade like to call nonsense. The credits on legendary are identical to the credits on easy. Go watch them yourself. This is what happens when internet trolls get picked up by legitimate websites. On February 9th, nothing terribly exciting will happen to the Halo universe

keep dreaming.. all they did was **** up halo 2 that's it
Old 12-23-2004, 06:52 PM   #14
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

Yeah, that's been posted already. 3 times. Way to go.

~So Should You~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~