The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 04-25-2005, 01:58 PM   #76
Paper exe
Pwnd

Virtua Fighter CG Portrait Series (Shun DJ)~SEGA Saturn-Watching

This game have no story or gameplay and only have three modes.
The main mode just shows few pictures that looks like a Saturn Quality CG (I think) but let me assure you that SEGA Saturn did make a lot better pictures then this and not only that, but when the random pictures appear they put a song, which in my opinion suck, even if I loved the music that will only give it at most 1 point and it will still be unfair, because a lot of other games have had more then one great music, but at lest there is a Karaoke mode, which they only put the music with words on the bottom of the screen, so that you can memorize it.
In the last mode, they will keep repeating these pictures and that song after it finished.

I know it is wrong, but I am forced to do it
Gameplay: (0/10) well, you cannot blame me, there is not any to begin with
Graphics: (3/10)I know, I am too easy on the game
Sound: (1/10)
Longevity: (1/10)
Virtua Fighter CG Portrait Series (Shun DJ): (5/40)
Top that Joe, that one unknown game I reviewed.

Last edited by Paper exe; 09-26-2005 at 02:58 AM.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 02:08 PM   #77
welshfreak
: )

It's good to see you doing reviews now Paper, congrats. But you would'nt mind some constructive critasim??
I may be a hypocrite but when you are doing yor reviews- I sometimes find it hard to read, because the text is not strucuted very well in some areas- paragraphs would help me read it, thanks alot. I'm not putting you down- it's just a suggestion to help impove your thread.
As I said- keep up the excellent work- it's pleasure to read, but somtimes hard to read!
welshfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 02:33 PM   #78
Paper exe
Pwnd

Thank you it was very kind of you to say this.
about me I will learn sooner or later and if you did read my review when I just made my review thread you will know that I did improved some of my first reviews but there are some that I will improve later like Matroid and Kirby Super Star ect review and I hope that they become easer to read.

PS-if any one have a any complain just say it I don't mind but don't act like an idiot kid like some one here that his user name start in M and he put a frog that look just like him in his avatar.

Note-Finally some one made a post for the Other Consoles Discussion.

Edit-I improved my CV and Mario Vs Donkey Kong and Megaman the Wily Wars and Zelda TMC review I hope they are easier to understand I also add some extra stuff and change the score a little pit and I made my points clearer I even used clearer pictures.

Last edited by Paper exe; 05-07-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:47 AM   #79
welshfreak
: )

Thanks- i look forward to more reviews in the future..
welshfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 03:11 PM   #80
Paper exe
Pwnd

Zone of the Enders~PS2-shoot em up

I only played three Robots games in this Gun and this one is my favorite, because of the fast and good control, unlike the others.
I hate the characters design they are not good like One Piece, they are just unoriginal. The story is predictable, I knew what will happen on most of the events, which there are a lot of them and toke about a quarter of the game. I don't have any problem with that, but I do have a problem with the boy (hero) manners, he should be polite to be a good example for kids, the only character that I liked is the Robot, because it was the only polite one, I did also like the way the robot talked and the fact that it admits that it has no feelings.

I just beat it and in normal difficulty. this game is very short and needs some more work, even the difficulty did not reach the satisfying level, it feels like the developer went half way threw the game then stopped. I want to fight more boss and different kinds of enemies, this game just feels incomplete.

The CG (I am not sure if that what they call these cut scenes, but I am sure that it has a G in it. ) Is not good and we all know that PS2 can do a lot better then that and it did, but then again I don't really care for them, nether do they effect my score. It is a 2001 game and I most say the main game graphics is pretty good and I did not have any problems with it, in fact I liked it. The robots are shiny and there are a lot of special effects and they did care on some of the details.
But I do have a big problem with the sucky music, why do they choose this kind of music? They know well that it mostly end up being bad and easy to make, which I also think that they are meanless and uncool and they know it. They are just too lazy. If you are asking what kind of music it is, then ...I don't really know what they call it on any languages, it is these music that most Americans games have. I apologias if you still did not know that crappy type that should not be used from the first place, which some geeks and nerds thinks that it is cool. :thumbdn:
At lest the Sound affects doesn?t suck, it is actually clear and good.

All what you have to do is mostly kill all the enemies in the screen. some times they make you do some other stuff. The battle zone is pretty big and some times, it is full of building, make sure you don't crash them and especially the hospitals, to get a cool A like what all cool people get in school. (Note that not all missions have ranking)
Some times you have to go back to some battle zones to open new once.
This game boss battles are very fun. I just wish there are more then that, seriously I was shocked when the game ended so soon and with this few boss battles. I even thought that I was just on the beginning, but at lest this give the game higher replay value. If you had a problem with the difficulty, don't worry, there are harder difficulty to make it up for it. I for one should have choosed hard from the beginning, because of how easily I avoid enemies and boss attacks.

What makes this game good is the easy and fast control, which also makes your Robot insanely strong and makes killing enemies a piece of cake.
You are flying and move quickly. You can go lower to the ground by pressing X and higher by pressing Triangle. The Square button is the main attack, which you can use it as much as you want. The attack changes depend on how you are close to the enemy, if you are far away the Robot will shot long rank attack, if you are close to the enemy, your Robot will do a close rank attack, it can also change if you attacked and dashed in close rank or also on long rank. If you pressed the dash button when you are standing, you can charge shot, again it changes depends on how far and close you are with the enemy. you can also guard your self and use Sup Weapons, and hold and threw enemies, but I did not need to use it in the normal difficulty and the game still was easy, but then again, I am just like this, I am just scared of using any items then regret it later, so I don't use them.

You can avoid battles, by going far away from a group of enemies. You can also escape and level up like a RPG game.
There is versus mode, which you can play as any enemy and battle with a Cup or another player. I cannot tell you how I get it.
As if it not obvious, but I still have no right to spoil a game.
I have an issue with the Robots designer, because of where the human raid and control the Robot and how long it is.
They should have done something to this joke.

Gameplay: (7/10)
Graphics: (7/10)
Sound: (5/10)
Longevity: (6/10)
Zone of the Enders (25/40)

Note that this is a high score and 5 points higher then mediocre, and it flaws can be forgotten like the Music issue, but games most have a great soundtrack, because we all know the fact that games are better then music and movies. This game done it job on the movie part, but failed badly on the music part, which affects the score a lot and the real necessary part on most games.

Last edited by Paper exe; 09-26-2005 at 02:58 AM.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:29 PM   #81
Paper exe
Pwnd

People, I am not lazy! When I don't have a debate with some one in these forums, I make a review or improve an old one, now I have improved most of them and the big once like the FullMetal and Battle Network reviews and a lot of others, just reread them, they are a lot more understandable and make more sense. As right now there are only few left, so except more new reviews in the future.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:33 PM   #82
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Nice review. I've never played ZOTE but I've heard it's not so great. Some people have praised the sequel, however, as being in a league of its own.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #83
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

the sequel is a lot better. the first was cool just because it came with a MGS2 demo.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Yahweh14518 Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 01:36 AM   #84
Paper exe
Pwnd

I bought the PAL version, which means no MGS2 demo.

About the second on, actually my plan was to buy both of them in the same time, but I could not find ZOTE 2 in any games shop here, but I did find ZOTE 1 in Toys are us, so I bought it, even thought I hate buying stuff there, because they mostly ruin the box by locking it as if there are thiefs here. :annoyed:

Quote:
Nice review.
Thank you.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:35 PM   #85
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

your gonna have a lot of trouble finding ZOE2 paper. i hear its a very rare game seeing as Konami did not make that much. or so i hear.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Yahweh14518 Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 02:36 PM   #86
Nem
Awakening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper exe
I bought the PAL version, which means no MGS2 demo.

About the second on, actually my plan was to buy both of them in the same time, but I could not find ZOTE 2 in any games shop here, but I did find ZOTE 1 in Toys are us, so I bought it, even thought I hate buying stuff there, because they mostly ruin the box by locking it as if there are thiefs here. :annoyed:

Thank you.
Ah, you were ripped off Paper. The PAL version of ZOE did come packed with the MGS2 demo.

Anyways, allow me to say the appearence of your reviews is now much better. Good Work :cool guy:
Old 06-08-2005, 04:52 PM   #87
DJweez
Social Knight

Nice review Paper. Now hurry up and get a copy of Zone of the Enders 2. It shouldn't be that expensive on ebay.
DJweez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:41 PM   #88
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
your gonna have a lot of trouble finding ZOE2 paper. i hear its a very rare game seeing as Konami did not make that much. or so i hear.
The air port have a completely different rule, because what rear in every wear is not rear there!
Quote:
Ah, you were ripped off Paper. The PAL version of ZOE did come packed with the MGS2 demo.
These thifes, what would they do with an old game demo!?!
I found 20 or so copy of it in the air port, but not one of them has a demo with it! I also found 10 or so copies of Raz, which is a rear game, but I already own it.
Quote:
Anyways, allow me to say the appearence of your reviews is now much better. Good Work
Thank you.
Quote:
Nice review Paper. Now hurry up and get a copy of Zone of the Enders 2. It shouldn't be that expensive on ebay.
Thanks. About Zone of the Enders 2, I already bought it after I review the game. It was in my summer vacation, which is all about shopping.
Did any one of you notice that I was not here yesterday? Because I was in my vacation and I have just returned today.
I sure wasted all of my money there.
I bought
-Sonic Mega Collection 2 (Xbox)
-Otogi 2
-Jade Cocoon 2
-Jak 2
-La Pucelle (Nippon Ichi second strategy game for PS2)
-Zone of the Enders 2
-Shadow Hart 2
-Gun Bird 1 and 2
-12 Stages
-Resident Evil Survivor 2

I was going to buy Donkey Konga 2 and OutRun 2, but I did not have enough money.

I swear I did not do it on purpose, they are all sequels and in a lot cheaper price then in my country. they want to throw most of them, but because of my kindness, I bought them cheaply.

I also bought.
-Virtua Fighters 4
-Wild Arms 3
-Silpheed (it is a shooter with a very cheap price and it was also rear, which means you know wear I get it)
-Mr Moskeeto!!!! (I love the Air port. )

Joe, I also bought Virtua Fighters Mini for Kids gear!
To be honest, I did not know that, I only saw SEGA logo, so I bought it.

I also bought The Pinball of the Dead and Metal Slug Advance and Boulder Dash DX all for GBA and two new puzzle NDS games.
They tried to trick me to buy PSP, but I bought another Xbox instead.
It has five free games and it was the Crystal one and only for about at most $340! The only game was worth owning, was SEAG ST Online the others were crap, but at lest they are new to me.

Because I am so smart I bought Mario Tennis for Virtual Boy, even thought I don't own the console, even if I did, I will never play it, because I don?t want to lose my eyes.

I repeat. These games that I bought are cheaper then there originally price and some of them where very, very cheap.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:10 AM   #89
Nem
Awakening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper exe
These thifes, what would they do with an old game demo!?!
I found 20 or so copy of it in the air port, but not one of them has a demo with it! I also found 10 or so copies of Raz, which is a rear game, but I already own it.
Thats really odd. Did konami produce more copies of the game after MGS2 released?
I must confess my guilt here. I still have my MGS2 demo that came with ZOE, but i sold the game. Yep, i kept the demo to myself I just didnt think everyone would have the same idea
Old 06-12-2005, 04:26 AM   #90
Nephlabobo
Banned

Have you played Shadow Hearts 1 Paper? I liked it alot. It's worth getting if you can find it, you can probably get it cheap before you play Shadow Hearts 2.

Give Mr. Mosquito a try sometime - I'm curious to see what you think.
Nephlabobo is offline   Reply With Quote