Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 12-03-2004, 02:54 PM   #31
gearhound
Versus the World

GOLDEN SUN is a great RPG series.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:07 PM   #32
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

I own the first one but not the second, even though I heard it was better. I just haven't been in much of an 'RPG mood' these days.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:08 PM   #33
Paper exe
Pwnd

Sorry I cannot review games now because I reviewed alot of games but then my PC shut down by it self
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 01:51 PM   #34
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

So you wrote up some stuff and your PC shut off? That sucks. What you should do is type out your reviews in Notepad/Wordpad or something similar. Then, save it just in case something happens.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:31 AM   #35
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578
So you wrote up some stuff and your PC shut off? That sucks. What you should do is type out your reviews in Notepad/Wordpad or something similar. Then, save it just in case something happens.
never thought of that!
Old 01-19-2005, 01:17 PM   #36
Paper exe
Pwnd

Feel the Magic: XY/XX~NDS-Mini games

Another day with another fair score.

In this game there are two modes, story and memory.
The story mode is the originally game, which you need to finish the mini games, some times, they let you select the mini games that you want to play, meaning you can beat the game with out playing all of the mini games and off course most of the mini games use the touch screen but some of them use the NDS built-in microphone.
The strange thing about this game is that how the difficulty changes, for an example. First you play an easy mini game the next mini game is very hard then the next one is very easy etc

There are three types of mini games, the first type is the normal one, which is just a small mini game, the second type is the love mini games, there are only few of them, but they are bigger then the normal mini games and needs the love gage to be full to finish it and the third type and the last one is my favorite and it is the boss fight, they are bigger mini games then the normal once, but unlike the love mini games you need to bet the boss and every boss has his own different way.

In the Memory mode you can play all the games the you finished in the Story mode, but this time you only have one chance and you have to finish all 8 difficulty with out loosing a life, unlike the story mode, which only needs you to finish five of them and with three chances, but if you did do it you may items, so that you can customize the Girl, you can give here a different hear style and a cloths.
and you can get some more in the story mode, because in every stage, a picture will appear in the touch and top screen, in the touch screen you have to touch an area in the picture to get a rabbit, if you got a lot of them you will get some items it all deepened on how many you finished, but the problem is that if you touch the wrong area you have to start all over again and that will take some time and really annoys me.

Note that if you own any Sonic team game for your GBA, just put it in the GBA slot then you will unlock some special items. Every Sonic team game have 1 item.

The few music dose not help it much, the available musics fit just right in the game, but they are still not good enough. the sound effect fit the game just right too and the same goes to the graphics, which all in all, make the game a strange and a wired one and that is good in my book.

The graphics are not detailed, all what you can see is hare and the cloths that the hero and the Girl wears, the other things are all black, I also think that NDS can do much more and thankfully, it did.

Gameplay: (7/10)
Graphics: (6/10)
Sound: (5/10)
Longetivity: (5/10)
Feel the Magic: XY/XX:- (23/40)

Yes it is not so great, but it is the only real NDS game now (Launch) the others are worst or ports or remakes.
Please people, don't forgot that this game could have been a lot better, but SEGA rushed it, so that they can release it in time, that why it have few mini games.

Last edited by Paper exe; 09-26-2005 at 03:00 AM.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:07 PM   #37
blueskied

Wow. You really need to use more punctuation Paper. For example, in your last paragraph in the above review, there is NO punctuation at all! I'm assuming your native language is written (but if it isn't, such as one of the Austronesian languages in the Pacific, some of the languages in Siberia (such as the Samoyed languages), or some of the languages scattered across South America and Africa, then I'll understand), and virtually all modern written languages have punctuation analogous to the periods, commas, colons and other symbols used in the Latin orthography. It would make the already difficult-to-read reviews a bit less difficult. Just a piece of advice from a professional linguist.
blueskied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:58 AM   #38
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Never mind what a half-wit who blatantly insults you has to say, PaperEXE. blueskied has nothing more important to do with his life besides come into here and act like a bigshot a**hole and insult anybody he feels like; a clear sign of low self-esteem. It's a small wonder he can even breathe. For English being your THIRD language, I'd say you're doing a terrific job. I wonder what else Sega has in the pipeline for the DS. Feel the Magic XY/XX isn't enough to make me purchase Nintendo's portable. Recently, I've been playing through Zelda ~ The Minish Cap, and later on I'll begin work on Resident Evil 4. Have you tried either of those titles yet?
Icarus4578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 01:01 AM   #39
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Icuarus you are a Capcom whore! All you play is Capcom games! Minish Cap and Residential Evil 4! You hate Nintendo!
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 01:18 AM   #40
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Hey man! If Capcom can make 'em better than Nintendo has recently been able to, I'm so totally there!
Old 01-20-2005, 02:39 AM   #41
Paper exe
Pwnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578
Never mind what a half-wit who blatantly insults you has to say, PaperEXE. blueskied has nothing more important to do with his life besides come into here and act like a bigshot a**hole and insult anybody he feels like; a clear sign of low self-esteem. It's a small wonder he can even breathe. For English being your THIRD language, I'd say you're doing a terrific job. I wonder what else Sega has in the pipeline for the DS. Feel the Magic XY/XX isn't enough to make me purchase Nintendo's portable. Recently, I've been playing through Zelda ~ The Minish Cap, and later on I'll begin work on Resident Evil 4. Have you tried either of those titles yet?
Now I am playing Zelda The Minish Cap
I only have 2 Elements (Note that in my country the games arrive after 1 or more weaks after it released in US).
I don't know what people complaing about
because 4 good dungeons are better then 10 bad dungeons
and beside capcom have wasted alot of there good ideas in the 2 GBC Zelda games meaning that they only have little left that why ZTMC is a little short
but if I compare it to the GBC Zeldas ZTMC will still have more good ideas.

about RE4 I will buy the PS2 version because I am trying to get all Capcom games for PS2
yes I love to collect games just like NES forever
I don't have a big collection like him but I do have alot of games

about SEGA games for NDS
the next game will be another Sonic team game and it is a port of Puyo Pop Fever and the next one is another Sonic team game and it is Sonic DS
Note-Sonic DS may not play like the older platform Sonic games
speaking of DS games did you see Yoshi Touch & Go video?
go to http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/ayij/index.html
there is something that IGN and Gamespot did not write about because they are too busy previewing PSP games
Old 01-20-2005, 03:14 AM   #42
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Yoshi's Touch & Go! and that Kirby title look to use the DS' features well, but I'll wait it out before I decide to purchase one. Thus far, I've gotten three elements in Minish Cap and I just powered up my sword (again). I take it I'm pretty far into it and that it will be over soon, but it was worth it while it lasted. It's the best Zelda to come along in awhile, but I wish there were more dungeons like in Link to the Past or Link's Awakening.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:50 PM   #43
Paper exe
Pwnd

The Legend Of Zelda The Minish Cap~GBA-exploring

Ok then here my review for the Minish Cap.

You play as a little boy that wears green in a third person view his main weapon is Sword which is what you will use mostly because the other items are not very useful to kill enemies but some enemies can only be killed by some kind of an item.
Items are also used to solve puzzles. (You have to find them first they are hidden in a lot of different areas in the game)
Most items in this game have more then 1 use and there are a lot of new items in this game that never have been seen in any older Zelda game.
You can hold 2 items one can be used by pressing A and the other by pressing B (off course you can choose in any button you want to use that item) and R button is an action button, you can use it to talk, or roll, or hold/threw something etc
but L button, is used to fuse Kinstones with people(just go in front of someone then press L) every time you fuse a stone with some one something happen in the world map(Note that this is a side quest meaning you don't need to fuse stone to every one to finish the game)
You can find Kinstones every wear, in shops, or by buying breads, or in grass etc
There are 8 kind of Kinstones every person need one of the 8 stones so that you can fuse with him
This is not all there are other side quests and it is to collect figurine (it is just toys of all the characters in the game)
you can get them by giving a person in the game Mysterious Shells(you can find it every wear) the more you give him/her the more the chance you get to have a new figurine also there is Tiger Scrolls you have to talk to the masters to learn a new sword techniques(they are hidden in Hyrule)and off course you can collect hart pieces, every 4 pieces = 1 full hart (the hart are your life( again they are hidden in Hyrule)).

The world map (Hyrule) is small but very good design and there are not a lot of dungeons in this game but they are very good designed too.
the game graphics is colorful and very good animated and the sound effect are high quality but there is one that is not good I will not say what it is from because I have no right to spoil a game for any one if it good or bad all what I can say is that it have something to do with the sword.
About the music I only liked 2 of them and one of them is the file select screen but the music are not bad at all they are good but not my test that all
But the problem with it is that some of the music are remix from older Zelda games (I am not saying it is a bad thing but they should make new music).

Gameplay: (7/10)
Graphics: (9/10)
Sound: (7/10)
Longevity: (7/10)
The Legend of Zelda the Minish Cap: (30/40)

Yes it is another good Zelda game

Last edited by Paper exe; 09-26-2005 at 02:59 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:08 PM   #44
Paper exe
Pwnd

FullMetal Alchemist and the broken angel~PS2-advanture

This game is based on one of the greatest anime of all time.
The heroes are 2 brothers (Edo and Aro) you play as the older brother (Edo) but Aro in the other hand is controlled by com, but you can call him (Aro) if he is far away by pressing R1, if (Aro) is near you and you pressed R1, Aro will tackle all the enemies that are in front of him and if you hold R1 Aro will guard you from enemies attacks, but movement will be limited (note that Aro state is higher then Edo)
off course, Edo can attack enemies by transmute his right arms in to a short sword (just press square button) you can perform 3 combos at the end of every combo Edo will spend 1 second then he can attack again, in that time, the enemy cannot do anything, the enemy can only move if another enemy hits Edo or if you spend 2 seconds with out hitting him, that makes the game very easy one. If you press square at the end of a combo on certain timing, Edo will create a powerful attack. (Please note that I get this from the game instruction manual, meaning. I finished the game with no gameovers with out knowing this)

Edo can jump, but before he jumps, he take a few seconds then he do it, I don't know why the developer did this, if it about making this game realistic, then how come his jump is very high that no normal human can do it? So they should have let him jump in a normal way just like Mario. Here is a good advice for everyone. Don't attack in mid air, because it will more likely to miss, it is very annoying and not useful, because again, I beat the game with only doing it a few times, mostly in thin air, because Edo is very slow and it dose take time to go to an area to another area, because how slow Edo are, but you can roll to move a little faster (that what I do. I roll all the time just to move faster)
The developer let Edo roll not to move faster, but to dodge enemies attacks, you can dodge in any directions you want, just title the direction that you want to go then press R2, which is very useful, because by it, you don?t need to jump to dodge enemies attacks.

the gameplay is very simple, you just go to an area to the other to finish the stages, most areas have some enemies, sometimes you have to kill all the enemies to go to the next area, but the enemies have a very high HP you cannot kill any one of them by just 6 or 7 hits, so you need to use your alchemy to transmute stuff, there is three types of transmutation items. The first one is weapons, you can hold the weapon that you transmute, and off course it damages the enemies more then the normal attacks. The second one is large weapons like cannons and tanks (Note that Edo looks stupid when he rides one) these type of transmutation are the best type, because they can kill a lot of enemies very easily and very fast. The last type is special, they are other kind off stuff, but most of them are useless.

there are not a lot of different kinds of transmutation items (I called them transmutation items, because there are 2 kinds of items in the game, if I called them both items, maybe someone will be confused) also keep in mind that some stuff cannot be transmute.
Note that before transmuting anything, sometimes you can choose 2 transmutation and some of them have different colors on them. Red once means only Edo can use it. The blue once means only Aro can use them. The green once means, both can use them (just go in front of transmutation items then press R1 to let Aro use it) you can also transmute some stuff more then once.

You can also use alchemy with out needing to go in front of anything, just press circle button then Edo will make a block that you can use it to reach high to reach areas and mainly, to use it as a shield, but again, I beat the game with no gameovers without using it, I only use it very few times and mostly by mistakes or to get the these secret chests.
If you charged your alchemy gage fully, Edo will attack enemies instead of making the block, but it takes some time to charge it and it only do one hit and not very strong either, so again, it is mostly useless.

If there is a lot of enemies and Aro is near you, you can use a special attack that will attack all the enemies that in the screen, there is also fighting frenzy, it is stronger then the special attack, but you have to charge the blue gauge. (You need to hit enemies to increase the blue gauge a little bit)
You can level up in the game, but don?t make my mistake, because Aro don't have to kill an enemy to gain EXP the same goes to Edo, so no need to let Aro bet all the enemies in the game.
If any one of them killed an enemy both of them will get EXP. after every level up, you will get some bonus points, which you can use them to higher Edo or Aro state.

The last thing is the normal items, believe it or not they are very useful, you not only use some them to cure Edo or Aro, but for a lot of other things.
There is two ways to get items, either by kill an enemy (they are more likely to drop items) or opening chests.
Edo and Aro can equipped accessories, you can get some of them by killing a boss, the higher the alchemist rank the better thing you will get. (The alchemist rank is just the score of how well you did to kill the boss, the better you do the higher ranking you will get)

There is gallery mode, which you can unlock stuff in it, like art works and all the cut scenes.
The graphics are decent, the only thing special is the fact that Aro and Edo are more colorful and they are shining. There is also some high quality cut scenes that looks like the anime graphics.
The musics are not good at all, they are not memorable and the worst kind, when I say the worst kind I mean these types of musics that no normal smart human can like them, I am also not used to the English voices.
The Japan version has 3 songs, but the US version only have two, they removed the opening music, because it was very good, instead they putt that piece of crap, I may forgive them if they putt a cool music, but the music that they putt is very bad and uncool. At lest I did not had any problems with sound effect.

Gameplay: (4/10)
Graphics: (6/10)
Sound: (5/10)
Longevity: (6/10)
FullMetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel: (21/40)

I don't get it! This game is based on anime, so they most make it good, not the other way around. To tell the truth I only played it to now the story, what can I say, I loved the anime.

Last edited by Paper exe; 09-26-2005 at 02:59 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:51 PM   #45
Paper exe
Pwnd

who is the idiot that vote for my thread 1 star
I know that sandland is the first one and I don't care about what he thinks anyway but then some one ealse have voted 1 star
here is something to say about him
he you did your mother ever teach you if you don't have nothing good to do then don't do it.

I requast a 5 stars from another member so that I can be eaqule with the other review threads because these people did it not because they did not like the reviews it is because they are idiot that hate me because of a stupid reason.

Last edited by Paper exe; 03-10-2005 at 01:14 PM.