The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 10-18-2005, 01:40 AM   #811
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceCalvis
I've read alot of your post and I have to say your the most interesting debater on this forum. You get my vote on who makes the best debates.
Why thank you *bows*.

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:09 AM   #812
Agamum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
How about I BAN you for a half hour to give you a reason to care! here goes!

hahahaa no teeth Joe your bark is worse than your bite
for the grim reaper you dont kill enough (members that is

------------------------------- ill take yopu on----------------------------------------------------

**Image removed because it was too damn wide**

Last edited by Joe Redifer; 10-18-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Agamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:40 PM   #813
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I removed your image because I don't want my review thread scrolling horizontally.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:41 PM   #814
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
I removed your image because I don't want my review thread scrolling horizontally.
So you don't want your thread doing the horizontal? ;)

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:57 PM   #815
Agamum

Where are the super awsome reviews we where all promised Joe.

Old 10-18-2005, 06:00 PM   #816
justin_credible

Aquaman you've got to be the worst poster on this board easily, who wants bets that he doesn't last past November? hell I might even take October.

Joe you should review Dawn of Sorrow.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:11 PM   #817
Agamum

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_credible
Aquaman you've got to be the worst poster on this board easily, who wants bets that he doesn't last past November? hell I might even take October.

Joe you should review Dawn of Sorrow.
Highly uncredible Justin
Old 10-18-2005, 07:56 PM   #818
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I will review Dawn of Sorrow. Too bad I can't take my own pictures of DS games.

As for all of my Super Awesome reviews, every single one of them is RIGHT HERE.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:09 PM   #819
Agamum

Finally thats all I was looking for was an objective view of SOMETHING rather than the constant hostility ive gotten so far.

It would be pointless to find all the treads to use as examples do to the fact every thread you responded to had the word BAN somewhere in them,and I am yet to see otherwize.

If you have any problems about me stating my opinion PM me rather than making another negative coment on this subject.

Though I dont expect you to follow this on others that would be pointless.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:23 PM   #820
George Foreman

Can you review some more genesis games???

Pleeeease
Old 10-18-2005, 08:25 PM   #821
Joe Redifer
Olé!

There's always room for Genesis!
Old 10-18-2005, 08:54 PM   #822
Agamum

Quote:
There's always room for Genesis!
Ill make a request make a review of Warsong for Sega Im yet to see anything at all about that game anywhere on the forum cept where I mentioned it and got no replys relevent to this game I personaly think there are few people here that have even heard of this game.

Correct me if im wrong people
Old 10-18-2005, 09:14 PM   #823
Joe Redifer
Olé!

You are wrong you got multiple replies. And I do not have Warsong.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:23 PM   #824
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow
9/10
Nintendo DS

Look at the artwork. What's next, Castlevania SD?

Hell yeah! 2D Castlevania has finally returned. Everyone on the planet knows that 2D gaming is far better than 3D gaming (everyone except Sony, that is) so it's no small surprise that a 2D Castlevania game would DESTROY any possible 3D attempt. But this time it's on the DS. What does "DS" stand for? Dawn of Sorrow! Hell yeah!

Here is how it looks with both screens. Well except the top map
looks a little different in the real game. I had to steal these pics
off of the internet since I have no way of capturing them.

Graphics: 8/10
At first glance this may look like just another Gameboy Advance game, but in truth it is so much better. The graphics in this one are about equal to Symphony of the Night on that Playstation system, except of course for the overall resolution. The level of detail and shading in the backgrounds is far beyond anything the wimpy Gameboy Advance could dream of doing. Don't believe me? Play this game and then plug in ANY of the GBA Castlevanias and you will see a huge difference. This version has better animation, more layers of scrolling, more blood (blood makes games cool) and all of that crap. The Haunted Gardens or whatever the plant stage is called (I never bother to remember the name of each stage... who cares?) simply looks stunning. Polygonal backgrounds are thrown in seamlessly here and there and they look great. And having that permanent map on the top screen is now a necessity for me. I couldn't play another Castleroid style game without it. There is full motion video if you press the B button on the title screen. It definitely looks compressed, and I am left wondering what else could have been done with the game with the memory dedicated to pointless video that nobody on the planet cares about. Many complain about the "WB Kids" style of character art. It is definitely for kids (Konami says this is because Nintendo is for kids... dead serious), but for once Soma almost looks male. He's no longer the hot, sexy lass we all remember. But my question is if Nintendo is for kids like Konami says, why weren't the Gameboy Advance versions drawn with the WB Kids style of art?

You can cut zombies up into pieces despite the extremely
kiddie-skewed character artwork. What the hell?

Sound: 7/10
Well the sound quality is definitely better than any of the GBA Castlevanias. The stereo effect is very good, and many enemies have really cool screams and other odd sounds that really add to the atmosphere of the goddamn game. The music is great, but not amazing. It doesn't touch Symphony of the Night. And let's face it, it was the music that made Symphony of the Night REALLY stand out. The music here sounds very high quality, with none of the scratchiness or nastiness that the GBA loves to produce. Many of the tunes are actually worth listening to in the sound test, once your sorry ass unlocks it. Michiru Yamani really needs to be fully in charge of Castlevania music, not just contributing the odd track here and there like she did for this game. She only contributed one track to Harmony of Dissonance, which is the worst sounding game in Castlevania's entire history. She definitely does a bit more here and the other musicians are far better than the HoD musicians, but it's still not full Symphony of the Night quality like it needs to be to regain that kind of stature among Castlevania fans.

Drawing the seals is super easy. I just use my finger. You
can use anything you want. Yes, even that you sicko.

Gameplay: 9/10
This game is great fun! If you've played any of the GBA Castlevanias or Symphony of the Night, then you know what to expect. Once again the castle has had a complete makeover by the world's most throrough interior decorator/remodeler, so the map you had in Aria of Sorrow is now useless, just like those condoms sitting on your dresser that you hope to use someday. But this time you have an additional screen for a map or a status screen (which is the only way to find out your enemies names as you kill them). This helps gameplay by a great amount, as you don't have to stop what you are doing, press select, look around, and press select again to return playing. And since the DS has many buttons, everything else has been taken advantage of as well. I've never played a DS game that relied on the buttons before, so it really was a new experience for me. Playing a standard game on the DS? You bet. You can switch between 2 sets of equipped items which includes weapons, souls, defensive wardrobe, and extra thingy. This in itself is quite awesome as you can use the super fast weak weapon and lucky armor to find souls, and then switch to a slow, powerful weapon and high defensive gear at the tap of a single button to fight bosses or more powerful enemies. And for those of you who get erections at using the touch screen, yes there is some touch screen to do here as well. You can break ice blocks, draw seals to defeat bosses, select where on the map the teleporter room will take you, pick your options, pick a certain enemy for your soul attack to pick on, you name it. You don't have to use the touch screen for much of that, but you can. You can power weapons up with souls to immense proportions as well. I built myself up to level 75 before I beat the game with 100% map and 100% souls, but the Boss Rush mode that is unlocked only lets you play it at level 50. Suck! Oh well.

The dude with the sword and shield is not in the real game
as far as I remember. Again I had to steal these pics.

Wrap up:
Buy this game now or you are a fool. The only way I will accept the decision NOT to go out and buy it right now is if you already have it, like me. Not owning a DS is certainly no excuse. Buy one. I bought the Gameboy Advance for its Castlevania games and nothing else, and this game would have prompted me to buy a DS if I didn't already have one.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:47 PM   #825
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

Hell Yeah!!! I agree 100% with your review. This game kicks so much ass it's not funny. I dare anyone to say that they would rather play Castlevania: Curse of Darkness on the PS2 than this fine 2D installment. Castlevania is meant for 2D and that is where it should stay. The few layers of background in this game that scroll 3D is as close to 3D as a Castlevania game should get. This game is definetely in the running for GotY.
Vicviper is offline   Reply With Quote