Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > MagicBox Member Reviews

Old 08-17-2005, 09:44 PM   #646
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Metamorphic Force
4/10
Arcade

This is the title screen.

Metamorphic Force is a Final Fight type brawler that was released by Konami exclusively to arcades in 1993. Hooray for them and everyone else in the world.

Even with fur you can see muscle definition on each and every
one of the beasts. Also, as you can see you play in Isreal.

Graphics: 7/10
The graphics are fairly decent, but the color scheme might give some people headaches, and many strong and conficting colors are often used. Bright pink on bright blue? Ouch, my eyeballs! Looks like a typical Neo Geo game.

The game lets you know when you are about to die so you
can start looking around the room for other games to play.

Likewise since the programmers know that you are about to
fall asleep, they put ATTACK signs with arrows on the enemies.

Sound: 5/10
The sound and music is of pretty good quality, but none of the tunes are anything you'd want to listen to on their own. No strong melodies here. There are some voices with the typical reverb they like to add to arcade games. Sounds like a typical Neo Geo game.

Watch out for the giant ice man who spits a bunch
of bee/crab/scorpions at you! Ouch my eyeballs!

Gameplay: 4/10
The goal of the game is to win and not die. You start out as a human and then turn into Altered Beast, only not as cool. You are even awakened by a God(ess) just like All-turd Beast. And just like Golden Axe some dude runs around with a baggy and drops stuff when you attack him, and then comes back for more. This game does not have one original thought. It is very repetitive and I can see why they never bothered to release it on a home platform. Don't be surprised if this shows up in some sort of "Konami Memories" compilation, though. Plays like a typical (early) Neo Geo game.

The werewolf has decided to jump off a cliff and commit suicide
in order to end the boredom and repetition of his world.

Wrap up:
If you ever wondered what Konami could do on the Neo Geo, look no further than this game! It swear it uses the same engine as Ninja Combat. The only thing is that this ISN'T a Neo Geo game, if you can believe that.

Last edited by Joe Redifer; 08-17-2005 at 09:53 PM.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:40 PM   #647
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

aww man! Now is one of those times I wish I could rewind the clock to 1993 and go play this sweet ass game at my local arcade. Damn!
Vicviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 08:03 PM   #648
George Foreman

Since you are reviewing arcade games could you review The Simpsons Arcade Game?
Old 08-18-2005, 10:01 PM   #649
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I will try.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:21 PM   #650
Beam
~The Last Of The Old Guard~

this game used to be at my local arcade before they closed it down.sadly they closed all of the arcades down at once,one right after the other.

now all that we have is a pitiful excuse of an arcade that has one tekken(number whatever) machine and a dance dance revolution of some sort.ahhhhhhhhhh the good ol' days *gets all misty eyed* anyone here who still has a local arcade that gas a good selection of games should be thankful.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #651
Paper exe
Pwnd

So that was what my dream meant. We don't have any Arcade kind of places here, but I did dream that they all where shut down. My dream maybe was about every one in the world and how a lot of these Arcade places where shut down in a lot of countries.
I am so awesome and important; I get dreams about all humanity.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:39 AM   #652
Reko8

review Nanostray Joe because ZI know you have it and you will review it!
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:52 AM   #653
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

And then sometime later do a review of Phantasy Star Generation 2. :cool guy:
Old 08-26-2005, 11:02 AM   #654
Paper exe
Pwnd

Joe, how could you ignore my PM?
For your punishment you will have to answer this as well.
My SNES AC Adapter has water in side it (I don't know how it gets in) what to do? We have the strongest sunlight here, so I can easily make it dry, but would the extreme heat that US and Europe will never even feel may be a little too much for the Pal SNES AC Adapter?
Is it too late? Is the only SNES AC Adapter that they no longer sell here and I no longer have the chance to buy it is gone forever!? Would I ever play my SNES again?
Old 08-26-2005, 02:42 PM   #655
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Paper, I do not answer all PMs. Don't feel bad. As for your SNES adaptor the obvious solution is to get a new one. I bet even Nintendo would sell you one brand new. Or look on eBay if that is not ilegal in your country for a PAL SNES adaptor.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:46 AM   #656
Paper exe
Pwnd

It seems you don't have an answer to that problem, but I am sure that you have on this question.
I am confused and doubting what I heard. I heard that the US version of Sonic DC has Sonic 2 music, but the Japan version has new music. In Sonic Gem Collection (US version), Sonic CD has music that I never heard before, but I hate it, so which is right?
A) Was what I heard was wrong and Sonic CD in US has new music, only that they are bad.
B) This is the Japan version music, that why it is new.
C) Both.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:59 AM   #657
Joe Redifer
Olé!

What? NO! Sonic 2 music only exists in Sonic 2. Sonic CD Jap has music composed by Sega of Japan's in-house musicians. Sonic CD USA and PAL has music composed by acne-scarred Spencer Nilsen and it features soul singing and a song called Sonic Boom which is even more limp than soft rock.

The most recent shot of Spencer
Old 08-27-2005, 08:24 AM   #658
Paper exe
Pwnd

........... Ok. I am actually talking about the zones music, which is what important to me. Is the Japan and US and PAL version has the same Zones music in Sonic CD or Japan version is different?
Old 08-27-2005, 08:15 PM   #659
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I do not have any clue as to what the hell you are talking about. Really. I'm talking about the music in the game.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:09 PM   #660
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Nanostray
6/10
Nintendo DS

This is the box for Nanostray

Nanostray is a shooter. You shoot things. The goal of the game is to win and not die, just like Final Fantasy 7.

Graphics: 8/10
The graphics are pretty good for a portable system. The graphics are better than any of the current shooters on the PSP by far. There is some slow down and even some flicker, I swear.

Here is a game screen for Nanostray.

Sound: 7/10
The game does not seem to have as good a stereo effect as most DS games do. The music is probably the best on the DS, but that's not saying a whole lot. Sound effects are fair.

Here is another screen for Nanostray.

Gameplay: 6/10
There are horizontal shooters, vertical shooters, and meandering shooters. Nanotstray is a meandering, meaning it goes all over the place without purpose, just like Raystorm. These are by far my least favorite type of shooters. Game has 8 stages and is fairly easy. You collect coins and shoot things. Stuff unlocks when you beat it. Stuff nobody cares about. The touch screen is useless. Stick with a single weapon through the entire game (the 3rd from the top). The 2nd screen and touch screen are a complete gimmick in this game and actually detract from play. Game is pretty fun for a non-Japanese programmed shooter.

Here is the last screen on this page for Nanostray.

Wrap up
This is a shooting game for the Nintendo DS.