The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 04-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #3961
loempiavreter
Belt Scroll Game Supremacy

@Drunkensavior

You as Batman fan, you should watch Skull Man (it's a revision of a 1970s manga). Nice and short, only 13 episodes. One thing though, Main character is NOT Skull Man, but actually 2 reporters that are tailin' him... more mystery some sites also lists it as horror so take your pick.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/revi...ete-collection

Old 04-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #3962
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I still need to watch the rest of Skullman, Also, he never actually finished the original manga, it's just something he wanted to do but never did what he wanted to do with it.
That's why one of his assistances remade the manga and added the plot elements he wanted to do in it.

Ishinomori is also the creator of Kamen Rider, Kikaider and helped created Power Rangers/Sentai.

I love his Super Heroes if you can't tell Just about as much like Go Nagai's Giant robots, he used to be Shotaro Ishinomori's assistances also.

But yah, Skullman is part horror since he fights monsters in it.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:06 PM   #3963
loempiavreter

Hmm I just would call it toku monsters, as a nod to the tokusatsu roots of Skull Man... not the kind of horror monsters. But still it's not really as goofy as toku monsters as there are no folk in rubber suits in it, makes quite a difference... anyway I prefer the military SIRK unit on the end though, rather then these monsters.

I have also the original manga (japanese rerelease I think) + the scanlated version of that + the tokyopop release of the continuation.

Just finish the series! Last part is the best.

Ninja Scroll TV series ain't THAT bad, Spider. I think it was a fun romp that was nowhere near the movie, but never intended too. But then again Im a huge fan of Futaro Yamada pulp ninja novels and the 50s/60s and the 80s ninpocho movies based on them, on which Ninja Scroll is obviously influenced by or maybe even a tribute to. So Im probably more easily satisfied as long as there are bizarre freak ninjas and ninja pulp to get some Futaro Yamada vibe.

BTW... Osamu Dezaki just passed away... I'm sad Responsible for the Anime adaptions of Space Adventure Cobra, one of my all time favorite franchises. Ok I didn't like the movie version, but the original TV Series was great... never again will we have another painted still of a critical scene cut into the film (his trademark).
Old 04-18-2011, 11:37 PM   #3964
Kiuju2k
Oh no!

am I too late for Berserk? DS go Berserk! Thats all the anime you need. Shit is well told. Try out Claymore while your at it.

Zechin
Kiuju2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:22 AM   #3965
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

Speed Grapher has a Duran Duran song as it's OP. so you should start with that.
~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #3966
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Basilisk was alot better then the Ninja Scroll TV series and they were both based on the same thing. Ah! Gonzo use to do so many decent shows once.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #3967
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
yah, I love basilisk also, I bought it all on dvd and bluray, granted I got hte bluray for 15 dollars for the whole set, but it was worth it.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #3968
Vegetto
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
BERSERKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

I still need to read volume 35! GKLSDJFLKSDFJSLDJF I'm waiting for the dark horse release of it, but I'm very tempted to just download it, the suspense is killing meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
http://www.evil-genius.us/
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #3969
loempiavreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001 View Post
Basilisk was alot better then the Ninja Scroll TV series and they were both based on the same thing. Ah! Gonzo use to do so many decent shows once.
It might be but having read/seen through most the Kouga Ninja Scrolls adaptions including the manga version of Basilisk, getting through the anime version of Basilisk was kinda tiresome.

There's nothing wrong with watching something that is not up to par with it's peers. I think it's a bad attitude to ignore anything on a basis that something similar is superior. Wasn't recommending it to DS, was just defending it.

I personally enjoyed it mostly because it was basically a showcase on how much Futaro-esque ninja's you can fit in a show, it was lacking on any form of characterization, but this series has more batshit insane freak ninja's with more functions then any GI Joe Action Figure.

As far as manga adaptions go I prefer Kouga Ninja Scrolls Aratame over Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls anyway.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:11 PM   #3970
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Well I never said don't watch it just that I thought Basilisk was better. I can't remember that much about Ninja Scrolls TV other then the dude with the slug thing in his gut to be honest.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:01 AM   #3971
THE ICHI
Touch me and I will cut u

Start with kite and mezzo first their short.
THE ICHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:29 AM   #3972
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

For a hentai Mezzo Forte had some horrible character designs, they improved alot by the time the hentei-less TV series came out but...
Old 04-22-2011, 04:39 AM   #3973
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

DEADMAN WONDERLAND HAS STARTED!!!!!

And it's animated really well! The pacing is a little quick, I think they went through 4 chapters is 1 episode, but they're doing a good job with it.

edit: ::Sigh:: So....Madoka is over finally.

I get the feeling they changed the ending because the original was too harsh. I want to see what happens with the manga.
~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~

Last edited by Dr. Bombay; 04-22-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:58 AM   #3974
Drunken Savior

Well I finished watching Elfen Lied. It was ok, but I'm really not a fan of the whole 'killer with the mind of a child' theme. I know, she has two personalities, but I found the whole situation between Lucy's and Kohta's pasts to be kind of...well....unbelieveable (even for the setting).

Moving onto Texhnolyze now. Though I'm somewhat lost after the second episode.

I plan on getting Berserk next. The one I downloaded ended up looking really bad so I found a better copy.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #3975
spider-prime

I love the opening ot the PS2 game!

Take note with the anime tho, it's the beginning of Gut's life till the Eclipse comes, where life was just wars all the time before everything gets crazy. We have to wait for the movies to see the next parts.

Dark Horse releases the mangas over here completely uncut, they do an awesome job, so I buy them to support not being stupid like when DC was releasing manga and editing EVERYTHING in a violent manga... it's like why release it then!