The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 03-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #3856
Dandadda
Soul Silver - 1978 3113 2164

Wow, color me intrigued. I'm gonna check this out later today.

Last edited by Dandadda; 03-17-2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: sp
Dandadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #3857
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

You'd think that the fact it airs at like 1.00a.m. in the morning would be a clue to the parents really wouldn't you.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:22 PM   #3858
javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by resumetemp View Post
Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, One peice, bleach, Eyeshield 21. There just too many to many.
If that's the case, the three animes that I recommend watching are Death Note, GTO and Samurai 7.
Other Shows Watching: Arrow, The Blacklist, Doctor Who, Fear The Walking Dead, The Flash, Gotham, Into the Badlands, Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #3859
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky View Post
Ahh screw it, I just skipped ahead to episode 80, where my friend started. Good idea Spider, or should I backtrack a little?
There are cool arcs still in the beginning, not saying you won't like it, it's just like I said, Like the arlong arc was awesome where we learn about Nami's past. That's what got me hooked on One Piece and Sanji's story arc at his island restaurant is cool too.

But Ussops story is meh, but thats the story where they get their boat the Going Merry.

So I say start at Sanji's story arc then it leads into Arlong arc. Sanji's arc is also where we meet Mihawk Dracule that you will something very awesome with him in the future episodes. He's the world's most powerful swordsman! And Gin the Devilman is a cool character.

Arlong is badass! He's a Merman shark!

So start from episode 19

But there are lots of crappy fillers to just plain miss, There should be an episode guide somewhere that will tell you which to miss. Like episodes 54-61 are just bad fillers before they go into the grand line.

Or just watch all of it and find the fillers to skip. Cause there is at least 50 or 60 episodes that are filler out of 489 episodes that are out. Maybe more than that.

You later need to know the characters, cause Oda the creator of OP, he reuses everything! He hasn't killed any main villains for example and you do see them all again.

I feel like watching the Water 7 Arc again cause Rob lucci is awesome! He fucking has a pigeon that dresses like him!

spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:22 AM   #3860
loempiavreter
Belt Scroll Game Supremacy

Something I noticed in Japan, is that Naruto and Bleach are not popular anymore, everything is One Piece. My mate was looking for Bleach figurine and something from Naruto for a mate of his but it has become real rare to find merchandise of those... Are Naruto and Bleach not popular anymore in the world as well?
Old 03-18-2011, 06:23 AM   #3861
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

They're sort of popular, but mostly because they're easily accessible. In the states, Naruto is on the disney channel and Bleach is on cartoon network. One Piece isn't on the air anymore at all.

Mangawise though, Naruto still makes the best seller list every week, though it doesn't penetrate the top 10. Naruto is a fucking weird book. 80% of the time, it's garbage, but there's that 20% that makes you want to keep reading it. Bleach is just adhering to the dragonball style of recycling plots though, it's pretty boring.
~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #3862
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi View Post
If that's the case, the three animes that I recommend watching are Death Note, GTO and Samurai 7.
I actually liked the live action movies of death note more than the anime. Much more.
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #3863
Vegetto
Alive

So I heard Dragon Ball kai was canceled
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #3864
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Don't know about the manga but the anime of Naruto is still popular always gets the ratings, Bleach never did.

Quote:
ANN confirmed with Jan Scott Frazier, a close friend of the deceased, and other anime industry members that producer and animator Hiroshi Kakoi passed away during the March 11 earthquake (Tōhoku Chihō Taiheiyō-oki Jishin) and tsunami. Kakoi's wife Kumiko survived the disaster.

Among other projects, Kakoi was a producer on The Super Dimension Fortress Macross II: Lovers, Again and Moldiver original video anime series. He also worked as a key animator at the anime studio Artland on the first Macross series (from the first episode onward) and on the 1980 version of Astro Boy (Tetsuwan Atom). He served as a production manager at Artland and the anime studio AIC.

Last edited by Escaflowne2001; 03-18-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #3865
javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMaphisto View Post
I actually liked the live action movies of death note more than the anime. Much more.
I hated them, only because they didn't follow the mangas very well. That, and the last movie was a waste of time. Nothing to do with the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetto View Post
So I heard Dragon Ball kai was canceled
Let's hope none of that is true.
Other Shows Watching: Arrow, The Blacklist, Doctor Who, Fear The Walking Dead, The Flash, Gotham, Into the Badlands, Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead
Old 03-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #3866
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I'm liking Naruto again, I was getting bored for a while cause it was just always sasuke that and sasuke this. blah blah blah.

But Bleach is friggin boring right now with it's fullbring shit. Where the fuck is he even going with this and it has a new villain that's exactly like Aizen........... SNORE!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #3867
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
I hated them, only because they didn't follow the mangas very well. That, and the last movie was a waste of time. Nothing to do with the story.

I liked the last movie because I like L. Which is why I liked the movies better. He got dicked over on the anime.
"I had a perfect nightmare on a starry torrid sea, I am cast in prison by a crippled demon's plea, The demon has three faces all are laughing down at me, The Banker with his filthy lucre sets the game astride, The General with raging might lets forth a battle cry, The Judge locks now the metal tomb where I am meant to die, But vengeance is a brutal beast not held by any cell, My wit is steeled my blade is wet so sound the reapers bell, Banker, Judge and General you all shall burn in hell."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #3868
javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
But Bleach is friggin boring right now with it's fullbring shit. Where the fuck is he even going with this and it has a new villain that's exactly like Aizen........... SNORE!
Yeah, I'm rght with you on this. Don't get me wrong. I still love it. But the direction that Tite Kubo is taking it is unnecessary so far. He didn't need to continue it. But I do want to see if it will get any better.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #3869
Vegetto
Alive

That's frickin sad about those deaths..

Quote:
Quote:
It has also recently been revealed that due to the new anime series Toriko taking over Dragon Ball Kai's time slot in Japan, that the series will conclude with the finale of the Cell Games as opposed to including the Buu arc, which served as the ending of the manga and original Dragon Ball Z anime series. The series is scheduled to end on its 98th episode, which will be broadcast on March 27, 2011. Whether the series will be completed at any point in the future is currently unknown. [44]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_...gon_Ball_Z_Kai

Ends at the cell saga, ew
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #3870
spider-prime

I wonder if they will finish the series on video