The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 04-26-2007, 05:37 PM   #3031
memory to zack

Don t get too excited with funimation buying the rights for one piece as they use of alcohol, gore and stuff like that will be cut in the series (Sanji is going to suck his lolipop instead of smoking as usual). Its not their fault actually, cartoon network has a strict policy about that. What might be better are the voice-overs, nothing more.
memory to zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:42 AM   #3032
Nano Fox
All your WIFI are belong to us!

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
all you gotta do in the end is rip the audio from the new voice overs and rip em onto the old anime and your set, might be a little odd in some spots but still better in the end
Old 04-27-2007, 03:45 AM   #3033
Slash
BUTTOUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetto
I forever hate funi, their voice actors suck, they basically ruined DBZ, and its about time they're releasing the series untouched

WELL. I argee the ocean group is better then funi VA`s but Funi VA has gotten a bit better over the years. And before DVD`s were a hit funi did put the uncuts version On VHS for fans who hated cenorship. I heard their supposed to redub the whole series whit the original music intact so atleast their trying to make up for past mistakes.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:53 AM   #3034
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I buy majority of these kind of series on DVD for the japanese track on it, unless I like the english track more than the japanese track. Which does happen sometimes.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:55 AM   #3035
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by memory to zack
Don t get too excited with funimation buying the rights for one piece as they use of alcohol, gore and stuff like that will be cut in the series (Sanji is going to suck his lolipop instead of smoking as usual). Its not their fault actually, cartoon network has a strict policy about that. What might be better are the voice-overs, nothing more.
The DVD releases will be uncut and unedited.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #3036
Vegetto
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash
WELL. I argee the ocean group is better then funi VA`s but Funi VA has gotten a bit better over the years. And before DVD`s were a hit funi did put the uncuts version On VHS for fans who hated cenorship. I heard their supposed to redub the whole series whit the original music intact so atleast their trying to make up for past mistakes.

yeah they are releasing it untouched FINALLY, its about dang time, I got the first set and love it

and I agree ocean group owns everyone else
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #3037
Nano Fox

Location: I fell in love with a woman, but my family didn't like her. (Friend)Your parents? (Me) No, my wife and kids.
Ok, just got my hands on Basilisk, an working on Tenchi & Black Lagoon for now
Old 04-27-2007, 03:41 PM   #3038
Decado

You won't regret it. Black Lagoon and Basilisk are two of the best anime ever, IMO.

Tenchi can be good, depending on what you got. The OVAs are good (TV and movies are forgettable).
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:51 PM   #3039
Decado

You won't regret it. Black Lagoon and Basilisk are two of the best anime ever, IMO.

Tenchi can be good, depending on what you got. The OVAs are good (TV and movies are forgettable).
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:12 PM   #3040
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

I loved Basilisk.
Black Lagoon was pretty good

Id like to recommend Scrapped Princess for more of a Drama/Action anime. It has a good story, and great character development.

And Code Geass is one of the best "newer" animes, though it wont be finished until summer.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:12 PM   #3041
Risky
Stop right there criminal scum!

Anyone check out Darker Than Black? Yoko Kanno is doing the music.
Risky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:57 PM   #3042
Nano Fox

bah the Utawarerumono i downloaded ended up being with french subs but i got black lagoon and it looks great! working on 2nd season on it too. tenchi muyo ova looks fantastic also!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:33 PM   #3043
Nano Fox

Well I've watched the first few eps of Basilisk and not entirely enjoying it just yet, but I'll finish it none the less. Tenchi has me hooked and so does Black Lagoon. Just found a torrent with every Tenchi ever made so getting that aside the ones i already have, just means i gotta download a 20gb torrent lmao. even though some of tenchi becomes hentai its not bad at all. Spaceship agga ruiter i think the name is, quite the great hentai though its only 4 ep's it beat's anything hentai i ever seen not to mention it has some great comedy in it.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:46 PM   #3044
Newtype

Darker Than Black seems pretty good, just finished watching episode 4. Don't really understand much of what's going on in it though.
Newtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:22 AM   #3045
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky
Anyone check out Darker Than Black? Yoko Kanno is doing the music.
But not the themes, which is annoying, since I'm not crazy about either op or ED.

So I'll have to get the OST eventually.

I just hope DTB ends up being coherent and not a disappointment.
~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote