The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 04-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #166
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
yah I was surprised when Dark Messiah put itself on my steam list when I first got it. I was happy about it cause now I don't need my disc as much.

But luckily with steam is they don't ban accounts, just ban you from online games if you are caught cheating. The only way your account gets banned for everything is if hacked steam to give you free games.

All games should come with a DD voucher if there is one, main reason I got portal 2 on the PS3, also cause my brother didn't want to buy another copy so we went halfies.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #167
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

Exactly.

As for Alucard losing software, what can I say? Take better care of your stuff.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #168
Alucard

I do. But I have lost a couple over the years. These ones I know I loaned to friends who then later deny they ever had it. Chances are they lost it or loaned it to another friend. But you cant outright say FUCK YOU I KNOW YOU'RE LYING. My copy of Gangsters, a friend took it with him when he moved states since he was too distracted to remember to hand it back. My original copy of Witcher I had accidentally left it in a pc I had fixed up while working at a pc store and the guy claimed it wasnt in the pc when he got it. Had I had these games on Steam it wouldnt of been a problem. But again, this doesnt answer why my DM disc stopped wanting to work. And steam saved me from a useless lost copy of an awesome game.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #169
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
My older brother learned that mistake.

When I was younger and he was in high school, his one friend stole a good chunk of our NES games and Gameboys that we had, my mom told him that he stole it cause he was the only one here when they went missing. Nope, my brother wouldn't believe it... till he saw him selling the stuff to other kids at school. My brother told him to give him the money and the games that he has left back and he just said they are mine and even if they weren't what are you going to do about it........ BIG MISTAKE! My brother has always been really tough, strong wise and fighting wise, SLAMMED HIS HEAD INTO A LOCKER and whipped him across the all by throwing him and he just casually took the stuff back from his locker and left and the guy didn't even get up but kept saying IS THAT ALL YOU GOT... my brother turned around and he shut up lolol

I was at home watching scooby doo after school and he came home giving me most of my stuff back. Great brother.... but bad temper on him The good old Greek Temper.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #170
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
And yeah, I'm a PC Gamer who buys all my games new, and has the ability to wait for price drops; I couldn't really give a shit about what happens to console gamers and the used industry.
And that's why your opinion is completely irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
I do. But I have lost a couple over the years. These ones I know I loaned to friends
First mistake.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #171
Icarus4578
Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
I do. But I have lost a couple over the years. These ones I know I loaned to friends who then later deny they ever had it. Chances are they lost it or loaned it to another friend. But you cant outright say FUCK YOU I KNOW YOU'RE LYING. My copy of Gangsters, a friend took it with him when he moved states since he was too distracted to remember to hand it back. My original copy of Witcher I had accidentally left it in a pc I had fixed up while working at a pc store and the guy claimed it wasnt in the pc when he got it. Had I had these games on Steam it wouldnt of been a problem. But again, this doesnt answer why my DM disc stopped wanting to work. And steam saved me from a useless lost copy of an awesome game.
The customer is always right. If Steam works great for you, I have no valid argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider prime
I was at home watching scooby doo after school and he came home giving me most of my stuff back. Great brother.... but bad temper on him The good old Greek Temper.
Did you also watch Heathcliff or whatever it was called? How about Thundercats? Good stuff.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #172
spider-prime

I watched EVERY cartoon when I was younger. There isn't anything I didn't watch. I actually watched more Fat Albert than I did Transformers and GI Joe.

But He-man is still my favorite cartoon of the 80s. I just love skeletor soo damn much!

when you have lines like this, how can't he be full of win!

Old 04-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #173
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578 View Post
The customer is always right.
No, they most definitely are not.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #174
spider-prime

yah having owned and still owning a business, they almost always wrong! but if you want their money, you just nod yes.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #175
Einhander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
No, they most definitely are not.
Except me!

Old 04-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #176
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
Not to patronise, but anyone that ever even ponders that they may be the 'sole voice of reason' should seriously consider the saying 'mad men never realise they're mad'.
While all you lot are crying and whining and constantly throwing out the worst possible things that can happen, however stupid and retarded they may be, I'm constantly the only person pointing out good points and reasons why not everything about the Industry is evil and greedy in these discussions. And I'm not just bored of it now tbh. I liked these sort of discussions originally but that's just been sucked out now after pages and pages of it all and I'm very far down the line of 'Don't give a shit' now.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #177
Einhander

Quote:
While all you lot are crying and whining and constantly throwing out the worst possible things that can happen, however stupid and retarded they may be, I'm constantly the only person pointing out good points and reasons why not everything about the Industry is evil and greedy in these discussions.
Except the industry itself keeps proving you wrong.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #178
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Nope, you're just being stupid and don't know what greed is and have no idea what goes on in the Industry or how things work, which has been made clear time and time again. Valve and CD Projekt laugh at everyone saying the Industry is greedy, and there's a lot more than that. The only real 'greed' going on right now is with EA and Activision as they compete for who can be the bigger douchenozzle.

Funny how most of the awesome developers are PC devs too.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #179
Ernst

Quote:
I'm constantly the only person pointing out good points and reasons why not everything about the Industry is evil and greedy in these discussions.
Here's another way of looking at it. Whilst we're constantly pointing out dangers and criticisms of an industry making a grab for higher profits and more powers, you continue to advocate for that industry refusing all criticisms, and in place, telling us why we shouldn't be withstanding these changes.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #180
Einhander

Quote:
Nope, you're just being stupid and don't know what greed is and have no idea what goes on in the Industry or how things work, which has been made clear time and time again. Valve and CD Projekt laugh at everyone saying the Industry is greedy, and there's a lot more than that. The only real 'greed' going on right now is with EA and Activision as they compete for who can be the bigger douchenozzle.

Funny how most of the awesome developers are PC devs too.
Repeating your opinions over and over doesn't make them fact. If you're so tired of the topic, stop talking about it.