The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 08-30-2010, 04:51 PM   #31
Seraph
>:3

I'm really hoping for the same amazing screen from the iPhone 4, the same really nice camera, and a nice body because I don't like the curved back of the current models.

If they do that I'm sold because like you, I really don't care about the phone part. There are like 20 some games I want and they are dirt cheap, plus they go on sale!
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #32
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
For using a normal cell, I rather just get something really cheap to use, you can find free cell phones all the time if you know where to look, the only real handy thing is you only have to carry one device instead of a whole bunch.

But I'm more interested to see what Sony is going to do with their next Ericcson with the PSP and Android built in since it's supposed to be ready to run droid 3.0 when it's released.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #33
Reality
Sin and Punishment

The Apple event is on the 1st. I am really hoping for a iPod Touch update also. Rumor is its getting two cameras and the iPhone 4 display. If try I am rather sold (as long as price doesn't go up). Only thing left to do is wait till Walmart runs a special and you get a $20 gift card with it.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #34
Seraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
For using a normal cell, I rather just get something really cheap to use, you can find free cell phones all the time if you know where to look, the only real handy thing is you only have to carry one device instead of a whole bunch.

But I'm more interested to see what Sony is going to do with their next Ericcson with the PSP and Android built in since it's supposed to be ready to run droid 3.0 when it's released.
That is part of the iPhones draw, that regardless of how little I personally use a phone, it's still my phone. Meaning it's the one device no matter where I am I make sure I have, and it would be kinda cool if that same device just so happened to be my iPod/GameHandheld/Internet. Cool, but not $60+ a month cool.

However the iPod Touch isn't a fat brick like every other handheld game system ever. They are so thin you forget you are carrying it.

The Sony phone sounds interesting but the way Sony handles digital content worries me. The Apple App store appeals to me because it's an encouraging place. It's hard to say no to games when they only cost a few dollars. PSN games in comparison are expensive. Look at Crimson Gem Saga, on PSN it's $30 and on iTunes it's $10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
The Apple event is on the 1st. I am really hoping for a iPod Touch update also. Rumor is its getting two cameras and the iPhone 4 display. If try I am rather sold (as long as price doesn't go up). Only thing left to do is wait till Walmart runs a special and you get a $20 gift card with it.
If we both get one and it has the frontside camera we should try out Facetime. I tried it in an Apple store but I'd like to see how it works in real practice.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:23 PM   #35
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
I'm really hoping for the same amazing screen from the iPhone 4, the same really nice camera, and a nice body because I don't like the curved back of the current models.

If they do that I'm sold because like you, I really don't care about the phone part. There are like 20 some games I want and they are dirt cheap, plus they go on sale!
Someone at work has an iphone 4 and he showed me a pic that was taken on a 3mp camera and looked really crisp on the iphone's screen (even though the phone's actual camera is 5mp, but as i said it was from a different camera).

I agree about the curved back from ipods. When my screen got screwed up I got a replacement and fixed it myself, problem being is the back of the case was a lot more loose for some reason after putting it back together. Also the feel of the iphone 4 compared to the ipod touch is a lot better.

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:39 AM   #36
Alucard

I'll be getting the iphone4 once the useless fucking company give us some stock. Nothing since july. Hopefully some more in a few weeks. Time to replace my old phone from like 2004. The video it takes is also pretty good in low light areas. Friend showed me one he took today, quite impressive for a little thing like that. But theres some games on the store I really want to play. And the GPS built in is super awesome.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:28 PM   #37
Northeastmonk

The economy sucks now, how much money can we seriously blow on microsuper computers? Plus you have hackers jail breaking phones left and right. I think its how programming for the PS3 was. The people who can do impress everyone. While in the back some are still trying to make it happen. Why does everyone think smaller screens are better? Maybe more comforable on the go, but thats about it.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #38
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Uhhh I honestly don't know what you're talking about lol.

STEAM

Old 09-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #39
TehGambiniz

i've wondered if they would replace laptops

pcs have too much horsepower to be replaced
TehGambiniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:14 AM   #40
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

that's why I said for things like gaming they wont really replace pc bit for its basic uses they probably will.

STEAM

Old 09-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #41
Alucard

Thought I'd stuff up this bit of info of a new app for the iphone since we're talking about it. This ones pretty awesome.

Quote:
TomTom has revamped its iPhone app, and added a brilliant new aspect whereby you can set the app to take you to the destination of a photo, essentially turning your iPhone's camera album into a living, breathing address book.

The new feature works by tapping into the geo-tag location stored within an iPhone's photo, and ties-in with what TomTom's GPS product manager told Pocket-lint at IFA; when he said that the sat-nav giant was "definitely looking at" the massive boom in location based services and that it would be "silly not to be looking at it".

It means that you'd be able to take a picture of all your favourite addresses, restaurants, shops, or even just random spots and never have to worry about a postcode ever again.

As well as the photo-location feature, the new update brings with it iPhone 4 optimisation, to get the best out of that retina display, multi-tasking, and the latest up-to-date maps.

You'll also still get access to all the usual TomTom stuff like HD Traffic (with a subscription), IQ routes, spoken street names, advanced lane guidance and local Google searching.
Should be out like...yesterday or something. At least this month. I think its pretty awesome. Yeah I went to this restaurant a while back, had awesome food, cant recall the name, I THINK I know where it is...OH HOLD ON (powers up iphone) LETS GO!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:56 AM   #42
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

So you have to go there, and THEN you can be re-guided there by your Phone?

Nothx
Old 09-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #43
Alucard

how do you know you want to go there again if you've never been in the first place? You across some place random. PHOTO done.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #44
Seraph

I'm sure that GPS app is going to work wonderfully with AT&T's new data caps :/
Old 09-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #45
progmetal
!

But TomTom doesn't use data traffic.

Xbox 360 ID: progmetal (Silver)
PSN ID: Progmetal