The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 05-15-2018, 01:06 AM   #1
Rubeus

Resident Evil film director making a Monster Hunter movie starring Milla Jovovich

If it is anything like those Resident Evil movies, Monster Hunter is DOA (dead on arrival).

Quote:
Resident Evil film director making a Monster Hunter movie starring Milla Jovovich
No brainer.

Paul W.S. Anderson, the director of the Resident Evil movies, is at the helm, and he's working once again with Milla Jovovich.

According to Variety, the Monster Hunter movie has a $60m budget and goes into production this September. It shoots in South Africa, in and around Cape Town.

We don't know anything yet about what the film will be about, or how it'll adapt the loot hunt video game. But the people behind it want it to be a film series, like the Resident Evil movies turned out to be. Apparently there's a Resident Evil reboot in the works, too, but this may end up being a TV series rather than a movie.

It seems like now would be as good a time as any to get a Monster Hunter movie off the ground, given the enormous success of Monster Hunter World - with a whopping 7.9m units shipped, it's Capcom's best-selling game of all time.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...milla-jovovich
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 02:00 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
well, say goodbye to that movie. it will suck.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:08 AM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Yeah, we all come to the consensus that it's going to be a colossal piece of crap. Paul just wants to take Uwe Boll's title of worst videogame movie adaptations.

Haven't we been punished enough with Resident Evil movies? And now they're planning a reboot.

I can guess what I can expect from the MH film, it will actually have little to do with what involves from the game, an awful story and Milla Jovovich running and jumping around kicking everything.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:31 AM   #4
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubeus View Post
If it is anything like those Resident Evil movies, Monster Hunter is DOA (dead on arrival).
You know that all the Resident Evil films were very successful though right? they might be crap but they made money. That's all that matters to them.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:05 AM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

Well... i enjoyed the RE movies, even if crappy, they were fun to watch.

So, at least they will make MH more fun than the game! HAAA! I went there! xD