The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 02-05-2020, 03:03 AM   #1
Rubeus

The Wonderful 101: Remastered announced for Switch, PS4, and PC with Kickstarters

I don't remember if this game was any good since I don't have a Wii U.

Quote:
The Wonderful 101: Remastered announced for Switch, PS4, and PC with Kickstarter campaign

PlayStation 4 and PC versions are stretch goals.

Platinum Games has launched a Kickstarter campaign to bring a remastered version of the August 2013-released Wii U title The Wonderful 101 to multiple platforms.

At the base funding goal of $50,000, The Wonderful 101: Remastered will release for Switch, and at $250,000 and $500,000, it will release for PC via Steam and PlayStation 4, respectively. An Xbox One version is not a visible stretch goal, but director Hideki Kamiya suggested that it will be in an interview with Gematsu.

(Update 6:56 p.m.: The Wonderful 101: Remastered is currently at over $665,000 in funding, confirming the game will release on all three announced platforms. New stretch goals have been added, but do not include an Xbox One version. At $1 million in funding, a “Time Attack” mode will be added, and at $1.5 million, “a new 2D side-scrolling adventure starring a young hero” called “Luka’s First Mission” will be added.)

(Update 02/04/20 at 5:40 p.m.: The Wonderful 101: Remastered is currently at over $1.2 million in funding. A $1.75 million stretch goal has been added that adds a remixed soundtrack to the game featuring a secret special guest. Regarding platforms other than Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC, the official FAQ now clarifies, “We are absolutely listening, and if this campaign is successful enough to allow us the flexibility to port the game on additional platforms, we’d love to make it happen.”)

The Kickstarter campaign will run from February 3 to March 6 at 12:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 p.m. ET. If successfully funded, The Wonderful 101: Remastered will launch this April.

In a press release, Platinum Games said it will be able to self-publish The Wonderful 101: Remastered, which was originally published by Nintendo, as well as bring the title to other platforms, “thanks to the kindness of Nintendo.”

In a message to supporters, Platinum Games said, “It has been a goal of Platinum Games to own and self-publish the IPs that we create. With your support, we hope that we can make this dream a reality and bring The Wonderful 101: Remastered to a wide variety of platforms and make The Wonderful 101 a part of everyone’s gaming history! This Kickstarter is our chance to UNITE UP, take destiny into our own hands, and bring the best version of The Wonderful 101 to everyone.”

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/02/the-...arter-campaign
Click for full size
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 12:34 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
blah, lets just give them free money to do this! morons! I like platinum games too, but they can afford to do this without kickstarter.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:28 AM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

Yeah, i don't like the idea of AAA developers/publishers using kickstarter, but ill be honest, the thing has mostly been a scam central. At least i am fairly confident that platinum will deliver this.

Not interested though. Never bothered getting the wii u version.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:13 PM   #4
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I mean it's on the fans of the game if they want to pledge high numbers. You only needed to pledge £31 to get a copy of the game which is fair.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:41 PM   #5
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I just remember when the game came out and people didn't like it, now all of a sudden they do?
Old 02-07-2020, 04:42 AM   #6
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

It was a WiiU exclusive so you had Playstation and Xbox talking rubbish about it without ever playing it. You know how it is. I've never played it personally but it's always looked interesting.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:51 PM   #7
spider-prime

It's more cartoony fun than anything. My main problem with it was the 2nd screen puzzles they put in it, I'm hoping they overhaul those A LOT cause obviously this isn't the wii u and none of these systems have a 2nd screen.

The other problem the game had since everyone was tiny, you lost place of where your main guy was for attacking.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the game and it's style and comedy.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:44 AM   #8
Joe Redifer
Olé!

One of the tiers on the Kickstarter include getting blocked on Twitter by that one dude at Platinum who likes to block people on Twitter. Seriously, check it out.

Anyway I played the demo of Wonderful 101 back when it came out and I was bored to tears.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote