The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 01-28-2020, 10:28 PM   #1
Rubeus

Yakuza: Like a Dragon Reaches 300,000 Units in Total Shipments and Digital Sales

It's a good score consider this is an RPG now, there isn't a lot of RPGs that can archive that figure in Japan.

Click for full size

Quote:
Yakuza: Like a Dragon Reaches 300,000 Units in Total Shipments and Digital Sales

Series creator Toshihiro Nagoshi updated us on Yakuza: Like a Dragon‘s shipment numbers in the latest Sega Nama broadcast.

Here’s a bit between Nagoshi and co-host Ayana Tsubaki:

Ayana Tsubaki: “I get a big impression that a lot of people started Yakuza with this title. Have you received any messages about that, Nagoshi-san?”

Toshihiro Nagoshi: “Yes, I’ve been getting those. Also, downloads have been selling a lot, and I have a feeling that they’re probably different from the current fans.

Ayana Tsubaki: “Perhaps it’s easier to get into, with a different battle style and protagonist this time around.”

Toshihiro Nagoshi: “Oh, it’s selling. Although it hurts to see it out of stock, I wonder if they got some copies in now. Just to throw it out there, Yakuza: Like a Dragon already reached 300,000 (in shipments). Things are looking good.”

It wasn’t long ago that the studio saw some trouble for their 2018 title Judgment which had to put a pause on shipments and digital sales after a scandal broke last year. While they managed to rerelease an edited version of Judgment, the damage was done and the studio had to take their loss. With that in mind, it’s good to see that Yakuza: Like a Dragon has been performing well thus far.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is available in Japan and Asia for PlayStation 4. The game releases in North America and Europe in 2020. Read about what producer Hiroyuki Sakamoto and Daisuke Sato had to say about wanting to challenge many genres in our previous report.

https://www.siliconera.com/yakuza-li...digital-sales/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 11:33 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

Lol that picture.

Curious to give it a go.

Guess turn based didnt hurt it afterall.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:25 PM   #3
Ernst

I’d love to know what impact the “scandal” actually had on Judgement. What were its sales figures in the end?
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:56 PM   #4
Rubeus

I did a google search, after the scandal and before Sega pulled the Juddgment out from the market, sales had skyrocketed and the remaining stocks were all gone, also the game has performed above the sales target in the west. So Sega should give a green light for a possible sequel.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 05:12 PM   #5
Ernst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubeus View Post
I did a google search, after the scandal and before Sega pulled the Juddgment out from the market, sales had skyrocketed and the remaining stocks were all gone, also the game has performed above the sales target in the west. So Sega should give a green light for a possible sequel.
Awesome. Thanks for that. I like that non-scandals don’t have the effect corporations think they do. I wish they’d hurry up and learn that.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote