The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 01-11-2012, 05:49 AM   #16
darren
... lol

out after D3 is madness .. unless its 18months aFTER D3 ..LOL
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #17
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Yup. I'm hoping we'll get it early 2012. It'll get good sales because it's a good game and it'll ride the Diablo 3 hype. Blizzard themselves have said they loved Torchlight.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #18
Northeastmonk

Quote:
Earlier this week a Blizzard community manager seemed to confirm that Diablo III would be released on consoles. However, today the company walked back the remarks, saying that nothing is definite yet.

Community manager Bashiok was asked the following question on Twitter this weekend: "Can you confirm or deny Diablo 3 coming to consoles?" He replied, "Yup. Josh Mosqueira is lead designer for the Diablo console project." There's not a lot of ambiguity there but Blizzard says there was a misunderstanding.

"Bashiok's response on Twitter was intended as a confirmation that we're actively exploring the possibility of developing a console version of Diablo 3, as we've mentioned in the past," reads Blizzard's statement on the matter. "This is not a confirmation that Diablo 3 is coming to any console platform."

"Our focus right now is on finishing the PC/Mac version of Diablo 3 and making sure it's a worthwhile successor to the Diablo series."

Bashiok himself sounded a similar note on Twitter: "Yup wasn't meant to be an announcement. We're still exploring a console version, but more importantly working on the PC/Mac version."

We're left where we started. Blizzard has admitted that there's a team at the company testing the possibility of a console Diablo but they won't say that they're actually working on a console Diablo. Argh.

Their position makes sense if you recall how cautiously they handle release dates. Diablo III is probably mere weeks away from being released on the PC and they still haven't provided a date. Furthermore, here's what they said back in 2009 when people were badgering them for a StarCraft II release date: "Our target dates are not something we hit more than half the time. Putting those out there would be pretty close to lying to the fans. We are not going to do that. We want to be able to give good info, not info that we know is suspect. We'll give target dates when we think it is very likely that we will hit them."

Apply that logic to this scenario. It's possible that Blizzard isn't certain they'll actually make a Diablo III for consoles. Or maybe they have and they simply haven't ironed out all the important specifics, like the platforms or the release window. Either way, it seems they don't want to make an announcement that isn't concrete.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Bli...med-38519.html
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #19
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

I'm starting to wonder if Diablo 3 even exists.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #20
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I know it exists... cause I'm playing it right now cause I'm in the beta! muAHhAHA!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #21
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

I so want to be in the Beta. Not even be in it, just try it out, but no one at work I talk to is in.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #22
Nem
Smash bro!

I liked dungeon siege 3, but im still unsure wether i will enjoy this one.

If i did get it though, i'd definitly get it for the PC. I spent 500 euros on upgrading my rig, so now im gonna enjoy the spoils.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #23
CongoJack
me fail english thats unpossible

I won't believe D3 is out till I'm installing it. Blizzard + Diablo = wrong release dates. I think D2 got a release date and pushed back every month for like 2 years before it finally came out.
CongoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #24
Northeastmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
I liked dungeon siege 3, but im still unsure wether i will enjoy this one.

If i did get it though, i'd definitly get it for the PC. I spent 500 euros on upgrading my rig, so now im gonna enjoy the spoils.
Did you play Diablo 1 or 2? An updated same thing! I played Dungeon Siege after playing Diablo and the difference was night and day to me, I'll for sure stick with Diablo in terms of hours of hack n' slash fun.

I downloaded the beta's client and linked my battle.net account with Blizzard's beta profile. Then once it went to the log on screen I found out I needed a key from Blizzard to link Diablo 3 to my account.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #25
Nem
Smash bro!

I just played the second for a little bit back in the day. Nothing that impressed me much, but at the time i had different tastes in games.

I also am not a fan of blizzard games. I got severelly sick of their atitude with WoW and in general in the way they take forever to bring their games out.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #26
Seraph
>:3

I'll be excited if this game actually comes out on consoles. While I'm sure it wouldn't be as grand as the pc version as its a point and click game, it's still better than not playing it at all.

Otherwise I doubt I'll ever get the chance to play it. I would never build a PC for just one game.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #27
Alucard

Once you build a pc for 1 game you then find another 50 to play.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #28
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

Opposite for me. Blizzard have yet to disappoint to me in any game. Replayed Diablo 2 with friends, makes me appreciate WoW so much more now that such time has passed. Shows how you take things for granted sometimes when you go back to play old games.

Can't wait for this game, though I predict people will hate it when it is out because it is too similar to 'WoW'.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #29
Seraph
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
Once you build a pc for 1 game you then find another 50 to play.
I bought into your sweet talk the last time and yet I still had nothing to play! I found I was forcing myself to play games I would normally never be interested simply to justify my 'rig'. All said and done I paid over $700 for a box that I enjoyed maybe 2-3 games on. A box that could no longer acceptably run new games after four years.

One of my biggest purchase regrets ever. I kick myself every time I think about what over seven hundred dollars could have been spent on instead.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #30
darren
... lol

Considering how you generally don't buy or play western game why would you buy a pc for games?

Especially 4 odd years ago when next to no Japanese games were on pc. Although I would like to you can't really blame alucard for that one tbh ...
XBL Herr Lip Steam Butters' Bottom Bitch (http://steamcommunity.com/id/buttersbottombitch)
darren is offline   Reply With Quote