The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 01-19-2006, 06:32 AM   #1
Alucard

3DMark2006

For those who dont know what this program is, its a bunch of tech demos that lets you get an idea of how spiffy your PC actually is. Its an awesome program. Heres some screens from one of the tech demos. They're all realtime ofcourse. It loads them up with different resolutions and detail and gives you a score, then also decides to take your PC to school by NOT using the video card and only trying to use the cpu for power. Basically thats something you should just disable in the options cause you might have a good laugh as your PC explodes.

I could of sworn this demo was in the 2005 version, but anyway. This thing is amazing to see in motion. **** clies all over the place. Ofcourse you need a beefy system to get all that lush detail flowing. I dont think the detail in these screens are max either.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/681/681957p1.html

More screens above.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/681/681790p1.html

Demo version above for download, otherwise go buy it.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 10:56 AM   #2
RYU

thanks for link,I'm looking it before 2 days
Old 01-27-2006, 01:18 PM   #3
Finalizer

I won't download it. Why? Well, one, there's always the whole "synthetic benchmark" thing, and the arguments about "driver optimizations giving an unrealistic score".

But to be honest, it's moreso because I want to keep the illusion that my computer's still decent for a little longer.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
Alucard

hehe. All that unrealistic score thing has been cleared up. But I dont pay attention to the scores myself. I just want to see if my PC can handle the **** this thing throws at it. Though I dont need to install it to know it'll struggle. This program is always made to work on the best computers, and even then not totally smooth. But some of the demos are pretty lush to watch. Like the 2 lights in the forest. Very nice.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote