The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

View Poll Results: What do you think of E3 2004?
E3 2004 Will be better than E3 2003 13 92.86%
E3 2004 will be even worst than E3 2003 0 0%
Nah Tokyo Game Show 2004 will own E3 2004. 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2004, 03:39 PM   #1
ATMA
Gamer junkie

The "What I want to see at E3" thread.

Been a long time I haven't made a thread like this and seeing by the fact that E3 is coming soon. So far some companies already confirmed what they will show at E3 this year.

1) What games are you looking forward to see at E3?

2)Which unannounced titles do you want to see (ie "Crono Break", a new Phantasy Star, a new Lunar game etc etc)

3) Interesting in the new handhelds that will be shown at E3?

4) Which SOFTWARE company do you think will have the best line up?

5) What games do you desire to see (here you can just mention what you want to see even though it was never announced nor was in planning ie a new Panzor Dragoon game or a new FF Tactics)

Don't forget to take the poll.

-----
As i'm the chosen one, i'll start with my answers.

1)
-Gradius V,Treasure and Konami again.

-FFXII, not because it is a Final Fantasy but because this one could bring the serie back to the name "Final Fantasy".

-Tales of Symphonia, by far one of my most anticipated RPG of 2004.

- Fire Ebmlem got cubed, gotta see it and hopefuly it will be as great or even greater than the GBA version that was released last year.

-Spike Out Extreme, I spend many guilders on this game as it was fun and addictive, looking forward to play this game on the Xbox and hopefuly I can get on Xbox Live to play the game as the way it as suppose to be played.

-Suikoden IV. I've always loved the Suikoden series and this one looks promising.

-Fable, Despite all the hypes I still want to play this game for some reason, I guess the ammount of choices you have in this game kinda got me interesting in it, it reminds me a little of Morrowind.

-Half Life 2: Comeone do I need to explain?

-Snake Eater: One of the power houses of Konami will get a lot of attention at E3.And it appears this game will go a totaly unexpected direction.

-True Fantasy Online: From day 1 this game got my attention, hopefuly it won't have more delays.

-Metroid Prime 2, duh!

-Killer 7, This games gets interesting every time they give new details out.

-Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. Been hoping for a US release for a long time already.

-Star Ocean 3 DC, Been hoping for a US release for eternity.

-Astro Boy (GBA) Treasure and Sega.

2) I want to see a new Phantasy Star game for sure. A new Grandia game.

3) Yes and I hope both of them can bring new experiences in the portable market and also I hope they give the developers more freedome to experiment with them so that atleast the portable market won't become like the console market.

4)Wish I knew a little more about the surprises Sega has in store for us, but I don't know what they are so it is hard to pick Sega right now, I think Konami will have a solid lineup.

5) I really want to see a new Seiken Densetsu game on a console this generation. A new title from Treasure wouldn't hurt, something wild like Gunstar Heroes would be sweet. A new Super Smash Brothers game with Sonic Team in it.

Last edited by ATMA; 04-09-2004 at 03:42 PM.
ATMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 04:38 PM   #2
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

1)
Wild Arms Remake (English Version, more of a hope then anything)

Star Ocean 3- (as you said been waiting way to long for this one at least it's the DC cut that's coming)

Resident Evil 4- (the more I see of this game the more I just wanna play it)

Sudeki/Fable (Microsoft's two upcoming RPG's are looking pretty good so far)

can't be bothered to list anymore...

2) As you said aswell a new Grandia game would be excellent especially after the awfulness of Grandia Xtreme.

3) More interested in the PSP as I already have a GBASP and that's enough from the Nintendo side. Hopefully some solid games will be announced.

4) Hard to say Konami, Capcom. But if there's any sign of Wild Arms Remake (ENGLISH) or a bubble bobble remake (I can hope) it'll be Media Vision or Taito.

5) I also wouldn't mind Eidos announcing a new (and hopefully final) LOK just so I can't get an ending grr...
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:51 PM   #3
Vert1
Banned

Simply put whatever is promising on Gamecube and DS.
Vert1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 07:28 AM   #4
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

Re: The "What I want to see at E3" thread.

The game I look forward to most is Fable. Resident Evil 4 is a distant second. Runners up: Jade Empire, KOTOR2, Metroid Prime 2, MGS3, and Suikoden 4.

I'm also interested in FF: Advent Children.

Alucard and I are drooling over the next Sims game! We plan to buy 5 each!

2)Which unannounced titles do you want to see (ie "Crono Break", a new Phantasy Star, a new Lunar game etc etc)

****...I'll take all three. Oh, and Ubi Soft's new Batman game using their Splinter Cell engine.

3) Interesting in the new handhelds that will be shown at E3?

Beh, I don't game on the road.

Off the top of my head, without seeing a list, I'd say Metroid Prime 2 and Wind Waker 2 will rocket Nintendo to the top. But Square or Konami could steal the show. It all depend on how big of a show MGS3 and FFXII put out.

5) What games do you desire to see (here you can just mention what you want to see even though it was never announced nor was in planning ie a new Panzor Dragoon game or a new FF Tactics)

I want Final Fantasy Tactics 2. None of this advanced stuff. None of the judge stuff. Just back to the PS1 classics roots, complete with an epic storyline and sprite lovin'.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 09:08 AM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

1) KOTOR2, Suikoden 4, Tales of Symphonia/rebirth, Resident evil 4, star ocean 3 DC (sick of waiting for this one),MGS3,Tenchu Kurenai, KOF 2004 and possibly others that im not remembering right now.

2)Ill also take all three also a new grandia,PS5, and Suikoden 5

3) Not one bit interested.(unless something completly outrageous like FF7-2 gets announced - really hope not)

4) It really depends on the hidden cards the companies have right now. Square and Konami are good candidates, but who knows what Sega has up their sleeve (PSO2? PS5? also i remember Sega announcing they were developing a new RPG aimed to sell Worldwide ala FF)

5) New Panzer Dragoon RPG, FF7-2 (done in a normal fashion, not like ffx-2), FFT2, Tenchu Kurenai with level editor, new Xenogears (it would be fun to see what square could do with this brand), New Tactics Ogre, etc (lol)

edit: Street Fighter alpha or not 4, Capcom vs Snk 3 (based off SF3 animations). Soory these were too important to be left out !!

Im hoping this E3 is better than last years, but it will all depend on what titles are unveiled.

Last edited by Nem; 04-11-2004 at 09:14 AM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 11:10 AM   #6
Zod
All hail the hypno-toad!!

What I expect:
*Lots of E3 girls

*Lots of games shown last year and some from the year before that, but because of one delay after another, have still yet to come out.

*Sony surprising no one with their horribly late price cut as well as finally saying where the hell all the missing HDD features are and when we can expect them. They'll show the PSP, which will also be delayed in the US, and talk about the PS3, which too will get delayed until 2006 instead of 2005 as originally promised. Fanboys will cheer them. I will call them a bunch of jackasses who lost their teeth and aren't as aggressive as they used to be.

* R* will announce PS2 and X-Box games. The X-Box versions will be delayed behind the PS2 versions.

* Ubisoft will announce PS2 and X-box games. The PS2 versions will be delayed behind the X-Box versions.

* Square will continue to piss me off by showing more teeny-bopper crap and easy-money fan service intended to show the world that the old Square is dead.

*Hideo Kojima will vow never to make another Metal Gear game, only to start making another Metal Gear game a month later.

In other words, it should be a typical E3.

I want to see Magna Carta so we can finally get a release date (it WAS due this spring, but that's looking like that won't happen). I doubt it. I am also hoping Fear Effect 3 shows up. Kronos is supposed to still be working on it dispite being back-stabbed by EIDOS. Even though it's a small chance in hell, I am hoping NAMCO announces Xenosaga 2 for the US and announces a relatively soon date for it instead of the year+ crap like with the first one, as well as hoping that they had a change of mind and will release Venus and Braves in the US.

Tokyo Game show will be better, because that is where the Japanese developers will show what they have coming first, since Japan is their home market where the games will come out first anyway.

Last edited by Zod; 04-11-2004 at 11:15 AM.
Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 04:43 PM   #7
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Now please people... stop posting at the same time. :annoyed:

Guess not a lot of people are looking forward for E3.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:45 PM   #8
Nem
Smash bro!

Not everyone has the time and will to do a small report about what they are expecting of E3. Maybe if you just asked what games one is looking for, youd get more replies ATMA
Old 04-12-2004, 05:13 PM   #9
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by Nem
Not everyone has the time and will to do a small report about what they are expecting of E3. Maybe if you just asked what games one is looking for, youd get more replies ATMA
HEH!! Comeone Nem you make it sounds like this forum is dumb or something. Just 5 questions and poll, or I guess people are not really up to date with E3. I'll go and find some sort of a E3 2004 list or a list of what we can expect so far and maybe it will help some people.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:02 PM   #10
Decado

Quote:
Originally posted by ATMA
HEH!! Comeone Nem you make it sounds like this forum is dumb or something. Just 5 questions and poll, or I guess people are not really up to date with E3. I'll go and find some sort of a E3 2004 list or a list of what we can expect so far and maybe it will help some people.
This is a German site and much of this is rumour and speculation...however, it is really interesting and is particularly good for the "hopeful" questions posted here.

http://www.gfdata.de/gamefront-temp/e3preview2004.html

This is IGNs, and is much more accurate (though I still spot some errors)...but much less interesting (IMO).

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/503/503128p1.html
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:36 PM   #11
Decado

Re: The "What I want to see at E3" thread.

Quote:
1) SMTIII: Nocturne -- game looks damned interesting. I've gotten bored with console RPGs, but this one interests me in a big way.

2) Fire Emblem GC -- I've been waiting for Nintendo to announce this game for ages. I hope it is the biggest, most ambitious, deapest, most complex Fire Emblem game ever made.

3) GTA: San Adreas -- I just want to see how much/little improvement R* has made in the series with the extra year.

4) The Getaway 2 -- Sequel to a game I was surprised that I enjoyed. There is a ton of room for improvement, and if Soho it'll be the perfect GTA style game for me

5) Shadow of Rome -- Want this one to rock as it looks damned promising.

6) Altered Beast -- Morbid curiousity. How will Sega screw up another clasic?

7) B.C. -- A game with more reasonable ambition (than Fable). Know very little about it and want to know more.

8) Death By Degrees -- Why not? Sounds interesting, wouldn't mind seeing more gameplay vids.

I'm interested in a lot of other games (Fable, Gradius V etc. etc. etc.)...but not in their previews. I know what they're going to be like, so at this point it's time for them to get released and judged.

Quote:
1) The Mark of Kri 2 -- Sequel to one of my favorite games this gen...I just hope nothing bad has happened

2) Twisted Metal Next -- Hope it keeps the dark theme of TMB.

3) Rygar 2 -- I loved Ryar, so why wouldn't I be interested?

4) DMC3 -- Capcom better not screw this up (if it is for real).

5) Bionic Commando

6) New Team Ninja game (as long as it isn't a DoA title)

+ some games I'd like to see @ E3 that probably won't get released outside of Japan: Sakurai Taisen 5, Super Robot Wars (Alpha 2, IMPACT, MX), Summon Night 3, Violet no Atelier, Macross, Growlancer IV, Wizardry Alternative Neo, Sunrise World War, Nobunaga's Ambition (Souten Roku, Tenka Sousei), Demon Bane, Magna Carta and a few others

Quote:
3) Interested in the new handhelds that will be shown at E3?
Nope.

Quote:
Capcom: Onimusha 3, Shadow of Rome, RE4, DMC3, The Nightmare Before Christmass, Crimson Tears, Monster Hunter, Way of the Samurai 2, Viewtiful Joe etc.

I was riding high on Konami not too long ago...but reality has set in: There are only a couple quality teams in that company.

Quote:
1) Final Fantasy Tactics 2 -- sequel to my favorite console game. I just hope S-E forget that FFTA ever existed.

2) Tactics Ogre Next -- Another one of my favorite console franchises. I hope we get a TO or FFT game this year and the other next year

3) Shining Force IV -- see above. This type of game combines all the potential of the previous two with that of a normal RPG. Surprised/disappointed more effort hasn't been made to make a couple games like it.

4) Vagrant Story 2 -- Need more great A-RPGs.

Quote:
Don't forget to take the poll.
I think this E3 will be the best so far this generation. That said, TGS could still kick the crap out of it
Old 04-13-2004, 10:46 AM   #12
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
HEH!! Comeone Nem you make it sounds like this forum is dumb or something.
It wasnt my intention
Old 04-13-2004, 04:49 PM   #13
Alistein

As many as possible. Doom 3(xbox version), Halo 2, Half-life 2, Artoons new xbox rpg, Duality and Strident, RE4, Fire emblem, starfox, spike out extreme. Pariah

2) Which unannounced titles do you want to see (i.e. "Crono Break", a new Phantasy Star, a new Lunar game etc) Shenmue 3, a new panzer dragoon xbox rpg, a phantasy star or new Sega xbox/GC rpg like shinning force and a new lunar game for GC or xbox. Xbox Japan?s upcoming rpg

3) Interesting in the new handheld that will be shown at E3?
Not interested.
4) Which SOFTWARE Company do you think will have the best line up?
Difficult to say but I have a few picks here.
Tecmo; Code Cronus, 2 new xbox games, Rygar 2
Ubisoft: POP 2
Sega: Spike out extreme, Shenmue 3,Shinning tears or force, Nights, e.t.c

5) What games do you desire to see (here you can just mention what you want to see even though it was never announced nor was in planning i.e. a new Panzer Dragoon game or a new FF Tactics)
Shenmue 3, Panzer dragoon RPG for the xbox, a new Streets of rage
New team Ninja games.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:03 PM   #14
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Sega cookies for Decado, thanks for the links.

Quote:
Acclaim
100 Bullets (PS2, Xbox)
Combat Elite: World War II Paratroopers (PS2, Xbox)
Juiced (PC, PS2, Xbox)
SHOWDOWN: Legends of Wrestling (PS2, Xbox)
The Red Star (PS2, Xbox)

Activision
Call of Duty: Finest Hour (PS2, Xbox)
Call of Duty: United Offensive (PC)
Rome: Total War (PC)
Spider-Man 2 (Cube, PC, PS2, Xbox)
The Movies (PC)
THUG 2 (Cube, PS2, Xbox)
X-Men Legends (Cube, PS2, Xbox)

The Adventure Company
Atlantis Evolution (PC)
Aura: Fate of the Ages (PC)
Dark Fall 2: Lights Out (PC)
Jules Verne 2 (PC)
Riddle of the Sphinx II: The Temple of Mu (PC)

Atari
Asterix & Obelix (PS2)
Driver 3 (PS2, Xbox)
Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors (GBA)
Duel Masters: Sempai Legends (GBA)
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone (PS2)
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 (PC)
Shadow Ops: Red Mercury (Xbox, PC) Terminator 3: Redemption (PS2, Xbox)
Transformers (PS2)
Yu-Yu Hakusho 2 (GBA)
Zoids Legacy (GBA)

Atlus Software
Digital Devil Saga (PS2)
Pro Fishing Challenge (Xbox)
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (PS2)

Bam!
Bujingai: The Forgotten City (PS2)
State of Emergency 2 (PS2, Xbox)

Bandai
Cowboy Bebop (PS2)
Digimon Racing (GBA)
Digimon Rumble Arena 2 (Cube, Xbox)
Digimon World 4 (Cube, PS2, Xbox)
Galactic Wrestling Featuring Ultimate Muscle (PS2)
Gundam Battle Assault 3 (GBA, PS2)
Inuyasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask (PS2)
Mobile Suit Z-Gundam: A.E.U.G. vs. Titans (PS2)
RibbitKing (Cube, PS2)
SD Gundam Force (GBA, PS2)

Bethesda
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (PC, Xbox)
IHRA Professional Drag Racing (PC, Xbox)

Blizzard
StarCraft: Ghost (Cube, PS2, Xbox)
World of Warcraft (PC)

Capcom
Crimson Tears (PS2)
Killer 7 (Cube)
Mega Man Anniversary Collection (Cube, GBA, PS2)
Mega Man Battle Network 4: Blue Moon (GBA)
Mega Man Battle Network 4: Red Sun (GBA)
Mega Man X Command Mission (Cube, PS2)
Monster Hunter (PS2)
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege (PS2)
Resident Evil 4 (Cube)
Shadow of Rome (PS2)
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (PS2)
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas (PS2)
Way of the Samurai 2 (PS2)

CDV
Blitzkrieg II (PC)
Codename: Panzers (PC)
Cossacks II (PC)

Cenega
Creature Conflict: The Clan Wars (PC)
Gooka: The Mystery of Janatris (PC)
Shade: Wrath of Angels (PC)
The Roots (PC)

Dreamcatcher
Besieger (PC)
Cold War (PC)
Dungeon Lords (PC)
SuperPower 2 (PC)
Painkiller (Xbox)

Eidos
ShellShock: Nam '67 (PC, PS2, Xbox)
Thief: Deadly Shadows (PC, Xbox)

Electronic Arts
Armies of Exigo (PC)
Battle for Middle Earth (PC)
Black & White 2 (PC)
Burnout 3 (PS2, Xbox)
Catwoman (Cube, PS2, Xbox)
Def Jam Vendetta 2 (Cube, PS2, Xbox)
FIFA 2005 (PC, PS2, Xbox)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban (Cube, PC, PS2, Xbox)
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Cube, PS2, Xbox)
Madden NFL 2005 (Cube, PC, PS2, Xbox)
March Madness 2005 (PS2, Xbox)
NASCAR Thunder 2005 (Cube, PC, PS2, Xbox)
NBA Live 2005 (Cube, PC, PS2, Xbox)
NCAA 2005 (Cube. PS2, Xbox)
NHL 2005 (Cube, PC, PS2, Xbox)
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault (PC)

Funcom
Anarchy Online: Alien Invasion (PC)
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (PC)

Koei
Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires (PS2)

Konami
Boktai 2 (GBA)
Gradius V (PS2)
McFarlane's Evil Prophecy (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)
NanoBreaker (PS2)
NeoContra (PS2)
Shaman King (GBA)
Silent Hill 4 (PS2, Xbox)
Suikoden IV (PS2)
YS VI: The Arc of Napishtim (PS2)

LucasArts
Mercenaries (PS2, Xbox)
Star Wars Battlefront (PC, PS2, Xbox)
Star Wars: Republic Commando (PC, Xbox)

Maxis
The Sims 2 (PC)

Microsoft
Dungeon Siege 2 (PC)
Fable (Xbox)
Halo 2 (Xbox)
Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict (Xbox)

Midway
Area 51 (PS2, Xbox)
Mortal Kombat Deception (PS2, Xbox)
NARC (PS2, Xbox)
Psi Ops (PS2, Xbox)

Mutable Realms
Wish (PC)

Namco
Baten Kaitos (Cube)
Street Racing Syndicate (PS2, Xbox)
Tales of Symphonia (Cube)

Natsume
Chulip (PS2)
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life 2 (Cube)
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town 2 (GBA)

NCSoft
Auto Assault (PC)
Guild Wars (PC)
Tabula Rasa (PC)

Nintendo
Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros. (GBA)
Classic NES Series: Donkey Kong (GBA)
Classic NES Series: Excitebike (GBA)
Classic NES Series: The Legend of Zelda (GBA)
Classic NES Series: Ice Climber (GBA)
Classic NES Series: Pac-Man (GBA)
Classic NES Series: Xevious (GBA)
Classic NES Series: Bomberman (GBA)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA)
Fire Emblem (Cube)
F-Zero 2: Legend of Falcon (GBA)
Geist (Cube)
Mario Party 6 (Cube) Mario Golf Advance Tour (GBA)
Mario Tennis (Cube)
Metroid Prime 2 (Cube)
Nintendo DS handheld system
Paper Mario 2 (Cube)
Pikmin 2 (Cube) Star Fox 2 (Cube)
Silicon Knights title (Cube)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (Cube)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker 2 (Cube)

Sammy Studios
Darkwatch (PS2, Xbox)
Guilty Gear Isuka (PS2)
Iron Phoenix (Xbox)
Spy Fiction (PS2)
The Shield (PS2, Xbox)

Sega
Altered Beast (PS2)
Astro Boy (PS2)
Headhunter: Redemption (PS2, Xbox)

Sony Online Entertainment
EverQuest II (PC)

Square Enix
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (DVD)
Front Mission 4 (PS2)
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA)
Kingdom Hearts II (PS2)
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time Director's Cut (PS2)

Strategy First
ALFA: Antiterror (PC)
COPS 2170: The Power of Law (PC)

THQ
Full Spectrum Warrior (PC, Xbox)
Polar Express (Cube, GBA, PC, PS2)
Punisher (PS2, Xbox)
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl (PC)
SpongeBob: The Movie (Cube, GBA, PC, PS2, Xbox)
The Incredibles (Cube, GBA, PC, PS2, Xbox)
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (PC)
WWE Day of Reckoning (Cube)

Ubisoft
Dukes of Hazzard (PS2, Xbox)
Far Cry Instincts (PS2, Xbox)
Rainbow Six: Black Arrow (Xbox)
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (Cube, PS2)

VU Games
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (Xbox)
Cold Winter (PS2, Xbox)
Crash Twinsanity (PS2, Xbox)
Evil Genius (PC)
Fight Club (PS2, Xbox)
Ground Control 2 (PC)
Half-Life 2 (PC)
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude (PC, PS2, Xbox)
Men of Valor (PC, Xbox)
Red Ninja (PS2)
Spyro 5 (PS2, Xbox)
The Bard's Tale (PC, PS2, Xbox)
Tribes: Vengeance (PC)
Van Helsing (GBA, PS2, Xbox)
This list comes from the IGN link that Decado brought upon us. This list will ofcourse change as time passes by and there will be surprises ofcourse.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:44 PM   #15
Decado

Quote:
Atlus Software
Digital Devil Saga (PS2)
Pro Fishing Challenge (Xbox)
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (PS2)
WTH!!! Has DDS been officially announced for N. America!?!? :yikes: