The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 08-31-2011, 01:49 AM   #1306
Alucard

Check this out

Quote:
While there are other ink-to-digital pens out there, the difference here is Wacom’s pressure technology. Recording 1024 levels of pressure, the Inkling will capture ever nuance in your drawings. This is how it works:

• Take the stylus and receiver out of the neat portable box.

• Clip the receiver on top of any paper notebook and start drawing. Don’t worry about space: the receiver can store thousands of pages, according to Wacom.

• When you are done after a day, connect the receiver connects to the computer via USB and browse all your drawings, exporting the ones you like to files.

Gadgets
Wacom Inkling May Become My Favourite Gadget Of All Time
By Jesus Diaz on August 30, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Being an obsessive compulsive sketching bastard, I’m all shades of erect looking at the new Wacom Inkling. With an exquisite design and 1024 levels of pressure, it looks like the perfect device for anyone who sketches anything, from illustrators to architects.

While there are other ink-to-digital pens out there, the difference here is Wacom’s pressure technology. Recording 1024 levels of pressure, the Inkling will capture ever nuance in your drawings. This is how it works:

• Take the stylus and receiver out of the neat portable box.

• Clip the receiver on top of any paper notebook and start drawing. Don’t worry about space: the receiver can store thousands of pages, according to Wacom.

• When you are done after a day, connect the receiver connects to the computer via USB and browse all your drawings, exporting the ones you like to files.

That’s one of the beauties of this. From their Inkling Sketch Manager you can rasterise your drawings at print resolution and export them to Photoshop. Or even better: you can export as a vector illustration to Adobe Illustrator, which will allow you to re-work your lines in any way you want.

The Wacom Inkling comes with a pen, receiver, rechargeable batteries, four spare pen ink cartridges, charging case and the Inkling Sketch Manager Application, which is neatly store in the Inkling receiver.
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/08/wa...t-of-all-time/
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:39 AM   #1307
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

It looks awesome. I wonder if you are just limited to that size paper to draw on.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:51 PM   #1308
Risky
Stop right there criminal scum!

I don't think so, but you are limited with the pen media which kind of stinks. I'd rather just sketch out something like I normally do, take a pic of it and then redraw it digitally on a computer. Neat concept though, just wait until they can do it without all the wacky sensor/pen tech.
Risky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:43 AM   #1309
Alucard

I thought the sensor pen was a good touch. Working on paper with a pen is so much easire then using a light pen on a tablet and looking at the screen. For me at least. The whole feel is completely wrong.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:53 AM   #1310
Risky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
I thought the sensor pen was a good touch. Working on paper with a pen is so much easire then using a light pen on a tablet and looking at the screen. For me at least. The whole feel is completely wrong.
You are right in that regard. I just like to use my tablet to flesh out something that I draw first on paper. The pen is a great idea, I just wish it wasn't limited to just the ink media. How sweet would it be to paint something with a device like this and they have a digital replica that you could manipulate further if say you ran out of paint!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #1311
Alucard

You spent lots of money on your tablet didnt you.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #1312
calintz
thank you based god

^ lol
calintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #1313
Naoko Suki
Steak!

I actually really like that Inkling! The only thing I'm waiting for is not having to use the special pen for it, but the ability to draw looking down and not at the screen is amazing. I love sketching, and I always use a pencil and paper; my favorite combination. I would use my tablet more to retouch, but my scanners been broken for over a year, and I'm not really keen on buying another all-in-one. (printer sucks bad too.) So most of the things I draw just end up in the trash.

How much is it though? I thought buying my bamboo on sale for $99 was a splurge...
Old 09-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #1314
Risky

Quote:
You spent lots of money on your tablet didnt you.
Nope! A guy sold me the wacom intuos3 9x12 inch tablet back when it was brand new for $100 so that could help pay for a ticket to fly out to California to attend a Final Fantasy XI convention. I saved about $350 actually.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #1315
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky View Post
Nope! A guy sold me the wacom intuos3 9x12 inch tablet back when it was brand new for $100 so that could help pay for a ticket to fly out to California to attend a Final Fantasy XI convention. I saved about $350 actually.
That guy desperately need money, then. We bough Wacom Bamboo Fun last year (or maybe a year before, can't remember the exact time) for $120. If only we can buy Intuos3 for that amount of money ...
Currently Playing : Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax [PSVita] - Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana [PSVita]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #1316
Alucard

Sounds like STOLEN GOODS!!
Old 09-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #1317
Risky

No, he was just really needed the money. He talked my ear off for a good 40 minutes about going to the convention and how he tried to draw with it and never got used to it. His loss, my gain!
Old 09-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #1318
camac
I feel so good.

That looks pretty awesome. I draw in pen and marker all the time anyway so I don't really mind not being able to erase. Still though at the end of the day I think I'm good with my cheap-o tablet, gets the job done fine.
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:18 AM   #1319
SuperAngelo64
They call me "Derek G. Wop"

Quote:
Okay...interested.
SuperAngelo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #1320
Risky

I didn't know where else to put this. It's a vid of me building the midi-scale Millennium Falcon: