The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 04-03-2019, 01:17 AM   #1
Rubeus

FFVII Remake’s Project Leader Naoki Hamaguchi Is Now Co-Director With Tetsuya Nomura

Is this because Tetsuya Nomura can't deliver?

Quote:
Final Fantasy VII Remake’s Project Leader Naoki Hamaguchi Is Now Co-Director With Tetsuya Nomura

Square Enix updated its official website’s Final Fantasy VII Remake’s recruitment page showing that Naoki Hamaguchi who previously held the role of “project leader” is now a co-director along with Tetsuya Nomura. [Thanks, @DKHF_.]

Prior to his role as project leader for Final Fantasy VII Remake, Naoki Hamaguchi worked on the Final Fantasy series starting with Final Fantasy XII in the visual effects department. He then went on to work as a lead event programmer for Final Fantasy XIII, lead application programmer for Final Fantasy XIII-2, and main programmer for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. He also worked as the project leader for Mobius Final Fantasy alongside Motomu Toriyama with whom he worked on the XIII trilogy.

Hamaguchi previously talked about working with Tetsuya Nomura on the new character designs for Final Fantasy VII Remake we’ve yet to see. He also inadvertently teased a look at what appeared to be the Air Buster boss fight for the remake.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is in development for PlayStation 4.

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/04/0...etsuya-nomura/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

I guess he needs someone to keep him in check.

But, i imagine it's because he is still busy with KH stuff. It was a huge sucess and they are already working on the DLC and KH5. So, i think Nomura will have creative direction, but this guy will be in charge of getting things done.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:07 PM   #3
RYU

seem this game will never release
Old 04-04-2019, 09:03 PM   #4
Nem
Smash bro!

It's square. It takes time.

KH3 was in development for 5 years.

But since they are now in UE4 and in full production, i expect to see it in the next 2/3 years. It depends on wether they will do the episodic stuff or not. I prefer to wait and get the whole thing at once.