The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-13-2019, 02:25 AM   #1
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I just found out my ouya is worthless!

I just found out that they shut it's services down... It's stuck on trying to connect to the servers and will never work!

I was planning on making it a streaming/emulation device for my niece and nephew, so they can play my PC games over it and retro games.

But, I can't find anything that can make it easily get rid of the ouya OS so I can install a normal android or Linux OS to it.

Trying to see if anyone might know anything a few spots on the net, if not, it goes in the trash.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 03:44 AM   #2
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

RIP Ouya

2013-2015

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:15 PM   #3
RYU

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
I just found out that they shut it's services down... It's stuck on trying to connect to the servers and will never work!

I was planning on making it a streaming/emulation device for my niece and nephew, so they can play my PC games over it and retro games.

But, I can't find anything that can make it easily get rid of the ouya OS so I can install a normal android or Linux OS to it.

Trying to see if anyone might know anything a few spots on the net, if not, it goes in the trash.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ouya/development
Old 08-13-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
Hagane
Unlucky dog

This is the future of cloud gaming.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:44 PM   #5
Rubeus

Turn it into an Android TV box, install Kodi for sports and TV shows, then put all the emulators on it to make it a gaming console.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:58 PM   #6
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

If you can get the play store on there (and from what I've read you can) then you can install the steam streaming thing which works well and emulators for most things. There is also an app called Moonlight if you have a geforce installed that does the gamestream thing.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:39 PM   #7
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
yah that's what I mean, not sure what to do get or if it even works, most things that people post are for before the service got shut down. The only thing I can access is the network page, I can't even get to the games I had on it.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:46 PM   #8
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Is this link useful?

http://geeknizer.com/install-google-play-store-on-ouya/
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Old 08-14-2019, 12:38 AM   #9
spider-prime

nope, cause I have to be able to access apps and stuff. I can't get off the network login or settings menu.

So it would have to be a total install while deleting the old ouya OS
Like if I could do a fresh install of androidTV OS or Linux/raspian on it, but I have to figure out if that is possible if it allows for a new bootup of another OS. It might be locked only to ouya shit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ouya/commen...are_currently/ going to try this tomorrow. Funny, how I needed this and BAM there it is, just posted yesterday.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:57 AM   #10
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Best of luck.