The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 09-18-2018, 08:38 PM   #1
Rubeus

Capcom terminates Vancouver studio projects, expects huge losses of 4.5 billion yen

The canceled project was probably a new Dead Rising game?

Click for full size

Quote:
(Update) Capcom terminates Vancouver studio projects, expects huge losses of 4.5 billion yen

Consolidated results projection remains intact

[Update: Sadly, it looks like it's worse for the studio than thought, as game designer Aidan Scanlan has tweeted that Capcom Vancouver has closed its doors for good. GameDaily.biz also received word, from an unnamed Capcom source, that the developer plans to focus all major game development from its expanding Japanese studios going forward.]

Industry giant Capcom has announced the termination of all projects currently underway at Capcom Vancouver - the division responsible for titles such as Dead Rising and Puzzle Fighter - in a move that is set to record huge losses for the Japanese developer/publisher.

In an official press statement, Capcom stated that "as a result of reviewing titles in development at Capcom Game Studio Vancouver, Inc., Capcom now expects to record losses from the termination of development projects of approximately 4.5 billion yen". To save you the trouble of digging out the currency converter, that's in the region of some 40 million USD.

Despite this, the statement goes on to clarify that Capcom do not expect this to change their forecast for the year. The statement specifically namechecks adventure title Monster Hunter: World - and its record-breaking performance on both console and PC - as an anchor that will offset this incredible financial loss.

Essentially, Monster Hunter: World has performed so well for the publisher, that a loss of 4.5 billion yen will apparently not affect any of Capcom's projections for the rest of the financial year. You can read the full statement at the official Capcom Investor Relations site.

https://www.destructoid.com/-update-...n-523248.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 01:24 AM   #2
vdopairdotnet

vdopairdotnet

quicker than typical (60 outlines/second North America, 50 fps Europe), by a fast camera might be viewed as top notch in a few settings. Some TV arrangement shot on superior quality video are made to look as though they have been shot on film, a method which is regularly known as filmizing The NHK framework was institutionalized in the United States as Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) tvad.me/pair
vdopairdotnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:37 AM   #3
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I was reading too that they made lots of successes and profit from their games. Weird that they would just shut them down if they were bringing in the cash.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:45 AM   #4
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Must be because capcom is adopting the same doctrine EA does with their studios.

One failure and you're closed.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:07 PM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

Nah... their Xbox exclusives struggled to break even.

It was a huge risk for little return, i guess.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:05 AM   #6
Ernst

The games were subpar. Capcom is right, I tho k, to consolidate its output into fewer studios with more staff.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:15 PM   #7
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Cutting off the dead weight.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote