The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #4456
KingOfSentinels
Kossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_credible View Post
From a guy who lies about working for a game company your opinions hold zero value.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #4457
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSentinels View Post
Funny how often we get accused of being a graphics whore but how many console gamers insult the Wii for bad graphics? A lot.
The controls are most peoples biggest complaint that's what I see the most of.

Quote:
If you haven't noticed pretty much every PC gamer on this forum also plays consoles so we get the best experience of any game.
edit: nevermind.

Last edited by Escaflowne2001; 08-18-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #4458
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastmonk View Post
You could of picked it up on the last Steam summer sale. I paid normal price back when it launched. But I'm happy I got both of them (Origins) on PC.
I got it on PSN for 10 euros. It wasnt so bad, and i prefer to play it on the PSP.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #4459
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I got the 3ds xl and new mario 2 for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #4460
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

How do you like the book bigger screen? Does that it make the games look more pixelated?

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #4461
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
nope, they actually look better!

I love it compared to the DSi XL. This is a massive improvement over the 3DS.

I feel like getting another one to play 3 players with my brothers.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #4462
bujeezus

Quote:
Regardless of if you don't feel like you're getting an inferior experience, in certain cases you are and there's absolutely fuck all wrong with wanting to help people with it, and it works both ways. Sometimes the PC version of a multiplatform title is the worst version, it might be a shitty port with lots of bugs and problems, and so if people say "Oh don't get it on PC, get it on a console" I'd actually listen to them or at the very least respect that someone is trying to help me get the best experience possible, rather than lash out at that. Similarly, the PC version of Sleeping Dogs is very good and doesn't have many nuisances that seem to plague the console release and I'd want to be told that and I'd take it on board if I got told about it by someone rather than just dismiss it.

It's this weird double standard people have which Alucard is perfectly right about when it comes to console gamers being anti-PC. Tell a PC gamer to play a game on a console because the PC version is a bit fucked they'll nod and accept it and probably play it on the consoles if possible, but tell a console gamer to play a game on PC because it's the better one and all shit breaks loose. PC gamers get called elitist pricks but I've seen way more elitism and anti other platforms from console gamers than from PC gamers. Funny how often we get accused of being a graphics whore but how many console gamers insult the Wii for bad graphics? A lot. If you haven't noticed pretty much every PC gamer on this forum also plays consoles so we get the best experience of any game.

This really didn't need to escalate into anything retarded like this, jesus.
well said...
Old 08-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #4463
bujeezus

in a moment of weakness, picked up the withcher 2 (360 version coz my poor pc barely runs the 1st witcher) and darksiders 2 which had a special goin. got the strategy guide for free. was only gonna pick up one and was leaning towards darksiders coz i'm still playing thru the withcher but eventually caved an grabbed em both.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #4464
Northeastmonk

Darksiders 2 has been very good so far. Next year will be difficult though with dmc, mgsrv, and gowa.

Witcher 2 is fantastic, I still haven't seen the new content they've added. The enhanced version has some serious running problems. Apparently a patch is supposed to fix the install problems, but its not released yet.
Northeastmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #4465
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujeezus View Post
well said...
The problem is Alucard is so anti-console/Xbox he takes absolutely every opportunely to rag on it possible.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #4466
bujeezus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastmonk View Post
Darksiders 2 has been very good so far. Next year will be difficult though with dmc, mgsrv, and gowa.

Witcher 2 is fantastic, I still haven't seen the new content they've added. The enhanced version has some serious running problems. Apparently a patch is supposed to fix the install problems, but its not released yet.
well, don't tell Al but it's running great on the 360. lol!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #4467
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
You need to remember that on here most people view the PC as the devils machine.
PC games are mostly digital.
I don't buy digital, so I buy on console.
I don't give a shit about specs, or resolution or textures. I don't feel I'm getting an inferior experience.
I buy it in the format I want because that's my personal preference. That's it.
It's offensive that people come along and tell me I'm playing "the wrong version".
Can we please just drop this discussion?
It's really, really tiresome.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #4468
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
I turn them away by pointing out a game they like has no texture, loading, framerate, draw distance issues. Not choosing the version with the least amount of issues is not my problem. I point it out, you lot ignore it. If you dont want to play a game with the least issues thats cool, but thats your own choice. Its no different to people saying the PSP version of said game has some issues, stick to the DS version, and you probably would buy the DS version. Just like if such and such game on the PS3 was dodgy compared to the xbox version, you would go the xbox version. No different to not playing COD on Wii but instead on xbox. Thats you choosing to play the better version. But if its PC its instantly ignored and yet I'm told I'm turning people away from it? Are you serious? If I said play the xbox version of whatever game you'd have no problem with that and probably do it.

But lets not make up stories. Even if I never mentioned PC ever, you and some others would still refuse to look at the PC version because you cant enjoy a game unless its on a console. Its a way of thinking, nothing to do with preferred system of choice. No different to emulators. If you cant play the game on the console its generally not worth looking at. Like games on emulators are not as fun if they arent on the console itself. Its all mental. So dont point fingers at me. I give you some GOOD advice to enjoy a specific game, its ignored. Thats cool. Dont make it out like I'm trying to screw your experience over by recommending a better option. You dont like games, you like consoles. Also, fuck off justin as I'm expecting you to come in here with your penis hanging out. This forums pro console and anti pc is beyond disgusting.

Actually never mind, fuck this place.
Al, i think you're ignoring the part where people dont have top end PC's to run the games without any issues. It really isnt ignoring, but wether you tell me that the sleeping dogs versions for PC and PS3 are better than the 360 one im still not gonna get them. Why? Because i do not have a PS3 and i dont even know if my PC can run it at full specs.
I said this before and some people didnt agree with me, wich is fine, but for me PC gaming fits certain genres like RTS,FPS and MMORPG. Action/adventure games and single player RPG's or even racers i prefer to play on consoles. Its not discrimination to either one, its what feels more confortable for me.

You cant really force people to adopt the PC version of every game and call them dirty console peasants if they dont, especially if they dont have or cant afford a machine with the specs to do it. You're coming across offensive. Everyone ponders their decision according to their circunstances and preferance. Buying a top end PC, plus all the acessories and setting it up to work with your TV is a daunting and pricey process and cant exactly be called user friendly.

We arent ignoring you, we just cant always comply. ;)
Old 08-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #4469
Badrats Studio
Hate it or Love it ヽ(̀ώ )ゝ✧

Location: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Republic Indonesia, South-East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
the part where people dont have top end PC's to run the games without any issues.
Yes, this. And as far as I understand, you'll only get better or best graphics when comparing same game in both platform (console vs PC).

I can live without bling bling graphics. I can't live without affordable price of video games
Currently Playing : Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax [PSVita] - Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana [PSVita]
Badrats Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #4470
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

You guys are boring me with your lack of frivolous purchases.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote