Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 10-27-2004, 05:28 PM   #16
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemanisuperstar
Not to incite the flames of War here
but DOA U looks as good as the So Called "render"
No, it does not. I never owned a the game but got to see it plenty of times at Demo Stations. The actual game mind you. What you seen, was what that 2nd screen shot suggest.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:37 PM   #17
bemanisuperstar
Banned

There's a Easter Egg Demo on the new OXM THAT IS A PAIN to unlock I still haven't figured it out
bemanisuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 06:52 PM   #18
littlepest429
How very Kafkaesque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior
Yo Joe! Can you explain how a company creates a rendered shot?
Instead of running it off of a PS2/Xbox/Gamecube, and getting an exact picture from that, they use software that would render the images. They can add better lighting, anti-aliasing, and other things.
littlepest429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 07:37 PM   #19
bemanisuperstar
Banned

or photoshop

but for the most part THEY DON'T
Old 10-27-2004, 07:40 PM   #20
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Someone said this on the last page:
Quote:
For the DOA the screen you showed was quite small and the game actually looks like the first screen. Also you need to check the screens well to see before making your judgements. And for most games on xbox you need to check just what version it is as in maybe standard tv ,component or HDTV.
I will adress this point by point.

-Quite small? What the hell are you talking about? That's full res, dude. That's the same exact resolution you'd see if you played it in 480p on a widescreen TV. Period. The rendered shot is 800x600 and that is a resolution that the Xbox is incapable of producing.

-I need to check the screens before making judgments? What the hell is that supposed to mean? I have tried but I cannot decipher what your point is here. The real game certainly does not look like the rendered image. Have you played it? I have. Maybe you should play it again and compare for yourself using the shots on the previous page.

-I know all about the differences between 4:3 and 16:9, SDTV and HDTV, and the types of connections.

Also someone asked why there was not a Gamecube example. Well, I couldn't find any Gamecube renders for the games that I have. All F-Zero and Monkeyball pics were from the actual game. Same with Mario Sunshine and others. I'm sure they do renders for some Gamecube games, especially 3rd party.

EDIT for Bemani: No I don't think they use Photoshop. Why would they need to? They just render a high quality still off of the development workstation, and it's perfect in any size they want. What the hell would they do in Photoshop? The only thing I can think of is to saturate the colors more and to save it as a JPEG for the web, but that'd be about it.

Last edited by Joe Redifer; 10-27-2004 at 07:45 PM.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:23 PM   #21
littlepest429
How very Kafkaesque.

I guess they could touch up a couple small details in photoshop, but it wouldn't really be worth the time it'd take.
littlepest429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:35 PM   #22
bemanisuperstar
Banned

I still think you're full of BS on this one cept in the case of GT4

Last edited by bemanisuperstar; 10-27-2004 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:04 PM   #23
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Who? Me? Dude, the screenshots don't lie (except for the renders, which are created as a big lie to sell the game). You are just an Xbox fanboy and that's all there is to it.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:08 PM   #24
naruto_sensei
O N E P I E C E

a computer screen and a tv screen is a totally different thing. those games (in real life) actually look more like the doctored images rather than the in-game shots. those jaggies that you see in the in-game shots are far less noticable when actually playing.
naruto_sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:24 PM   #25
Messanic
I'm D-E-D, Dead!

I don't know, I've played FFX, DoA3, DoAXBV, Ninja Gaiden, SC2, Xenosaga, MVSC2, CVS2, Guilty Gear X2 and Shenmue 2 on a big screen tv with s-video and that alone gives those games jaggies. The picture is nice and clear, especially when you have anti aliasing turned off in GGX2. But some games like FFX, Xenosaga, and DoAXBV look really rough around the edges.
Messanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:39 PM   #26
bemanisuperstar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto_sensei
a computer screen and a tv screen is a totally different thing. those games (in real life) actually look more like the doctored images rather than the in-game shots. those jaggies that you see in the in-game shots are far less noticable when actually playing.
or not there at all.

Jaggies on XBOX don't exist and if you think so you need to get your eyes check

I'm not a fan boy dammit I just speak the truth I'm done with this topic it's lies have angered the Gaming gods

Last edited by bemanisuperstar; 10-27-2004 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:56 PM   #27
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Xbox does indeed have jaggies, moreso than even the Dreamcast. All systems have jaggies because they are so low in their resolution. If your TV sucks ass and has a lot of color bleed, then yeah, you will probably not notice much in the way of jaggies, but at the same time you won't notice much in the way of actual detail either. It can also help if you need glasses to correct your vision and you take your glasses off as you play.

Check out the water in the DOA: XBV pics. Do you really think the water in the real game looks like the top pic? I think some of you need to turn the game on and look at the pics at the same time. If you like being deceived and believing BS propaganda still from the game companies, then go ahead and thing the render screens are actually representing what you will really see on your TV. If denial works for you, great!

Also, only a fanboy would insist that Xbox (or any system) is completely devoid of jaggies.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:03 PM   #28
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Haha the Xbox doesn't have jaggies...that's funny. Maybe Bem has a special Xbox.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:05 PM   #29
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Also remember: Bemani is convinced that he is insane.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:09 PM   #30
bemanisuperstar
Banned

This thread was started by an X Hater

So the argument isn't valid.

I'm done

no need to start a flame war over ignorence