The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 07-04-2019, 01:39 AM   #1
Rubeus

EA Struggles With the Perception That 'We're Just a Bunch of Bad Guys'

EA is bad but not as bad as Konami, won't buy any of their future games, perhaps the only exception is the PC-Engine Classic.

Quote:
EA Struggles With the Perception That 'We're Just a Bunch of Bad Guys'
I do give a damn 'bout my bad reputation.

EA’s vice president of strategic growth has revealed how he still struggles with a public perception that EA is “just a bunch of bad guys”, and how he hopes that EA Originals - the publisher’s label for smaller, indie-like games - will help the company reconnect with new talent.

Talking to GamesIndustry.biz, EA’s Matt Bilbey said “25 years at EA and I still struggle with the external perception that we’re just a bunch of bad guys. We love making and playing games. Unfortunately, when we make mistakes on games, the world knows about it because it’s of a size and scale.”

While EA’s numerous mistakes over the decades has soured public perception of the company, the publisher is doing something notable with its EA Originals label. This new side of the business helps indie games to markets, and the developers get to keep all of the profits - EA simply takes enough money to cover the operating costs. Bibley hopes that the EA Originals label will help EA stay in touch with the industry’s fresh creatives.

“As we got bigger, there is the concern that we had become disconnected from new talent coming through," he says. "EA Originals is our opportunity to connect with that talent and those smaller ideas.”

While EA Originals provide benefit and wide recognition for the indie companies developing the games, Bilbey notes that there is a self-interest side of EA’s push into smaller games. "EA Originals are also games that we don't make in the bigger part of EA, or don't make enough of. So while there was a philanthropic part to it, selfishly it was the way for us to connect to talent on smaller ideas,” he said.

“When you are in a company and have had successes and mistakes around live service microtransactions, free-to-play, what geographies, what partners to work with, what animation engines... it actually feels good for our teams to sit with EA Original developers and you can actually give real advice. It genuinely makes you feel good. It's advice to help them not make the same mistakes."

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/07/...ch-of-bad-guys
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 02:23 AM   #2
Hagane
Unlucky dog

They play as ignorants and fools just to damage control or this are the type of people that never in their lives ever consumed or played a videogame and they can't care less.

I say both.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 06:11 AM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

The truth is there fall all to see. No one will grieve the day EA shuts down. They ARE bad guys. Mismanage and close down beloved studios.
But not to worry, Activision is almost as bad. Both these giants are doing their handy work on beloved studios Bioware and Blizzard.

You are bad cause everything turns to shit under your immesurable greed. Go die EA, especially all the "fat" execs getting rich by mismanaging the company.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:17 AM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I think the last EA game I've bought was Marvel Rise of the Imperfects on the gamecube. lol
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:55 PM   #5
bujeezus

Titan Fall 2 was my last EA title and it's one of my favorite games this gen.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:12 AM   #6
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
to update this thread, UK just said lootboxes aren't gambling.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote