The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 06-10-2019, 12:09 AM   #1
Rubeus

The next generation of Xbox begins holiday 2020, with Halo as a launch title

So safe to say Sony's PS5 also launches around the same time if not the same date.

Click for full size

Quote:
The next generation of Xbox begins holiday 2020, with Halo as a launch title

'The foundation of our future in console and in cloud'

Today at their impressive E3 press conference, Microsoft delivered just what many of us expected, with new news on their next generation of gaming hardware, Project Scarlett.

Microsoft's next generation console will feature a custom designed processor based on AMD's Zen 2 technology and GDDR6 memory, making project Scarlett "four times more powerful than the Xbox One", and capable of "resolution and framerates we've never seen before". Project Scarlett is expected to feature 8K visuals, with accelerated ray-tracing, and support variable framerates of up to 120FPS. New SSD technology hopes to all-but-eliminate load times.

The Xbox team wants to deliver more content, faster and better than ever before, with a strong emphasis on support for crossplay and cloud gaming. Though we did not get to see the unit itself, the presentation was full of promise. Xbox are clearly hoping that Project Scarlett will deliver a new, powerful gaming experience like none other when it hits the scene in late 2020.

And if all that tech-talk wasn't news enough, Xbox also revealed that epic sci-fi sequel Halo: Infinite will launch alongside the new hardware. After all, what would a brand new Xbox experience be without our old friend, Master Chief?

https://www.destructoid.com/the-next...e-556610.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 05:45 AM   #2
Joe Redifer
Olé!

So the big leap for the next generationis using SSD. That's the big thing they will be banking on. SSDs. I mean that's cool, but hardly anything new. And the guy in the Xbox video said something about "Combining the solid state drive with the SSD" leads me to believe they have no idea what they are even talking about. And the editors didn't catch it because they didn't know either. Nobody making the video knew.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:56 AM   #3
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

I'm just glad they aren't going back to Power PC architecture. No excuse for the next gen not to be backwards compatible. I fully expect Microsoft to make their next XBox BC and Sony will have no choice but to follow suit.

And yeah, SSDs are amazing. I always groan when I play my PS4 (not a Pro) and I have to sit for minutes waiting for the game to start. I hope they make it so users can easily add storage though. SSD prices have dropped sharply in the last year.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:34 AM   #4
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
So the big leap for the next generationis using SSD. That's the big thing they will be banking on. SSDs. I mean that's cool, but hardly anything new. And the guy in the Xbox video said something about "Combining the solid state drive with the SSD" leads me to believe they have no idea what they are even talking about. And the editors didn't catch it because they didn't know either. Nobody making the video knew.
I think he just misspoke and meant to say combine the ram with the solid state drive. But yeah, someone should have caught that.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:36 AM   #5
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Savior View Post
I'm just glad they aren't going back to Power PC architecture. No excuse for the next gen not to be backwards compatible. I fully expect Microsoft to make their next XBox BC and Sony will have no choice but to follow suit.

And yeah, SSDs are amazing. I always groan when I play my PS4 (not a Pro) and I have to sit for minutes waiting for the game to start. I hope they make it so users can easily add storage though. SSD prices have dropped sharply in the last year.
Sony is using some kind of new proprietary ssd and they will probably lock out other sdd's just like Microsoft did for hard drives on the 360. Not sure but Ms might be doing the same thing with their ssd's.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Old 06-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #6
Nem
Smash bro!

I did not believe one sentence of their BS.

120fps? ROFL! I don't believe it.
They will do 8k 30fps and force us all into it.

All i ask is 1080p 60fps. Give me that and i'll be happy.

Last edited by Nem; 07-01-2019 at 06:45 PM.
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:55 AM   #7
Joe Redifer
Olé!

I want at least 1081p and 61fps. But seriously are there even any consumer TVs that can do over 60fps?
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:36 AM   #8
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
I want at least 1081p and 61fps. But seriously are there even any consumer TVs that can do over 60fps?
I got curious about that and looked it up.

Apparently there are some that go to 120

https://www.cnet.com/news/ultra-hd-4k-tv-refresh-rates/
Old 07-01-2019, 05:06 PM   #9
bujeezus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post

All i ask if 1080p 60fps. Give me that and i'll be happy.
THIS!
Old 07-02-2019, 03:18 PM   #10
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Only way I'd settle for 1080 on the next generation is if they do some really special stuff with ray tracing and frankly I think 4k might be a better investment. If they can give me 4k with 60 plus new ray tracing tech then yeah, could be an exciting time for consoles. We'll see.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:14 PM   #11
Nem
Smash bro!

You know that's not gonna happen.

First, you need to shell thousand/s for a 4K TV. Second, they will not hit that target. And third, there will be a price to pay for 4k in terms of how the games are designed.

1080p being able to have a huge draw distance without fog and smooth 60fps is the dream. Not even that they will be able to deliver on, i tell you.

But, i know there's no way they will do that.