The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 05-09-2019, 09:20 PM   #1
Rubeus

Final Fantasy VII Remake State of Play trailer, screenshots

It looks better/closer to the previous attempts, and the battle seems like command based, which is also a good thing.

Japanese

English

Quote:
Final Fantasy VII Remake State of Play trailer, screenshots

"More to come in June."

Square Enix released a new trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake during today’s PlayStation State of Play broadcast.

The one-minute trailer shows various bits of gameplay, and teases more to come in June.

Here is a message from producer Yoshinori Kitase, via the PlayStation Blog:
Finally…. the long awaited moment has come. Sorry to keep you all waiting so long!

We hope you enjoyed the footage shown during State of Play. It was quite short, but hopefully you enjoyed seeing Cloud and Aerith brought back to life with such realistic graphics.

And oh my god! Did you notice he was there too…?

We are preparing to release more official information in June, but we wanted to try something new here on State of Play by showing you this special trailer as a taste of what’s to come.
In a tweet, director Tetsuya Nomura added, “Most of the plans are already in place in the run up to launch, so please bear with us a little longer until we can release more information next month.”

Final Fantasy VII Remake is in development for PlayStation 4.

https://gematsu.com/2019/05/final-fa...er-screenshots
Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 09:29 PM   #2
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Everything in the trailer is from super early in the game. Guess there is still a loooong way to go. Looking promising though.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:59 AM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

I'm easily excitable with this project... though i know it's gonna be a while and i don't like the multi-part thing.

Anyways, points to make. The japanese voice acting is MUCH better.

The combat clearly looks like Kingdom hearts. square to spam attacks, triangle seems to be a finisher of some sort, circle brings up the menu for limit break, items, magic and summons.

I mean... it already shows more depth than FFXV, wich is great... though i always think this is unecessary. The ATB system was fine, but alas...
Old 05-10-2019, 01:27 PM   #4
Rubeus

So the first "episode" maybe coming out next year, the entire game will probably in Midgar only. I am okay with it, Square Enix probably plans to expand Midgar in a way you can spend as much time as you need in there? For example like all those events you encounter in Yakuza Kiwami?

Quote:
Yes, the Final Fantasy VII Remake is still episodic

Which explains why we've basically only seen Midgar

Just in case you were somehow holding out hope that the Final Fantasy VII Remake wasn't going to be episodic anymore, Square Enix has dashed your hopes again.

Despite the fact that it was announced as episodic after its reveal, and there's been a bunch of shuffling around as personnel, some folks thought that the game would somehow now be released as one complete work. That's still not the case according to the official website that launched after the new trailer debuted in yesterday's State of Play stream, which states that the project is still a "separate work," based on this translation (分作 = parts/division).

At this point we pretty much know how this is going to play out. Square Enix is likely going to announce a 2020 window for part one of the remake (which could be a portion or possibly all of the Midgar sequence of the game, semi-akin to much of "disc 1" of the original PSOne release) next month during their E3 stream. If they really want to blow minds they could announce that at the Microsoft conference and reveal that it's multiplatform, otherwise we can probably expect the remake to be a cross-generational game on PS4 and PS5.

https://www.destructoid.com/yes-the-...c-553156.phtml
Old 05-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #5
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I'm excited but I really wish they would have scaled back their scope into a single game and kept the old battle system. Basically I just want the old game with new graphics.
When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?' Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #6
RYU

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMaphisto View Post
I'm excited but I really wish they would have scaled back their scope into a single game and kept the old battle system. Basically I just want the old game with new graphics.
agree about this
Old 05-10-2019, 09:15 PM   #7
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYU View Post
agree about this
We all do... but squeenix. They just don't know how to keep it simple.

And you know... the people that declared turn based to be over like the ones that declared survival horror was over as well. Yet... Persona. /rolleyes
Old 05-12-2019, 09:31 PM   #8
Rubeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
We all do... but squeenix. They just don't know how to keep it simple.

And you know... the people that declared turn based to be over like the ones that declared survival horror was over as well. Yet... Persona. /rolleyes
Those stupid analysts aren't gamers, they probably don't even play games that much.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:06 AM   #9
bujeezus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMaphisto View Post
Basically I just want the old game with new graphics.
This is what EVERYONE wanted or at least the vast majority. Seems to me it would've been much easier to do so. I'm more than happy chugging away with the recent XB1 release. It's much easier on the eyes than any other version I own so I'm content.