The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 02-03-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
Rubeus

People are purchasing the Switch as an addition, not a replacement of PS4 or Xbox One

That is true, after getting the Switch, it doesn't stop me from getting more PS4 games.

Quote:
Over 50% Of Switch Owners Own PS4, Over 40% Own Xbox One – NPD Group

People are purchasing the Switch as an addition, not a replacement.

The Switch’s success on the market has not come at the cost of any other platform’s success. The PS4, for instance, has continued to do well, even as the Switch has set several records. This indicates that people are buying Switch alongside other consoles, rather than instead of other consoles.

This is a hypothesis supported by the NPD Group. According to analyst Mat Piscatella, cross console ownership among Nintendo Switch owners is extremely high. Posting on Twitter, he revealed that in the United States, more than half of all Switch owners also own a PS4, while more than 40% of all Switch owners also own an Xbox One.

Given that the Switch’s lineup is extremely different from the lineup of the PS4/Xbox One, and that the Switch’s form factor makes it complementary to the other two consoles (thanks to its portability influenced use cases), it is now clear that the Switch is being viewed as an addition, rather than a replacement. For Nintendo, this is in the end good news, because it maximizes their addressable market—you won’t purchase a Switch or an Xbox One/PS4, you’ll purchase a Switch and an Xbox One/PS4.

https://gamingbolt.com/over-50-of-sw...-one-npd-group
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 02:31 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Other than Spider-man, I don't even remember what games I bought last year on the PS4.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:24 AM   #3
Rubeus

I have bought Soul Calibur 6 and Yakuza Kiwami 2 in the boxing week.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:57 AM   #4
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
Other than Spider-man, I don't even remember what games I bought last year on the PS4.
I bought a ton. But mostly Asian only releases or Europe only releases.

And Dragon Quest.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:41 PM   #5
Nem
Smash bro!

Well... i buy mostly only ps4 games these days. This january i got ToVesperia, RE2R and KH3 (got DMC5 coming later too). I am completely satisfied. Just bought some 3DS dragon quest games last year, sometimes a wii u game on used. Got hyrule warriors in january. Was pondering starfox, but dunno if i can be bothered. The Wii U is my zelda and Xenoblade X machine.

I really don't feel like i'm missing out on anything. Maybe Xenoblade 2, but that's all.

As you guys already know, i have not seen value in the switch and at the pace Nintendo makes games i want, we will probably be in their next gen.

Xbox can become more interesting next cycle with those news studios too. Looking forward to being encited by them for a second system position. With that said... i find it hard to trust them after the way they dropped first party support in the tail end of the 360.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:01 PM   #6
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Nintendo will always be my secondary system after my Sony system; mostly because I am really tied to the trophies.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 06:03 AM   #7
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Yep, that's true for me. It would never be my main console. Basically have it for Nintendo games and some indie titles.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:58 PM   #8
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
It's my main console!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote